[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me, 18 >Always been shitty at math. Tried as hard as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: images (1).jpg (4KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
4KB, 303x166px
>Be me, 18
>Always been shitty at math. Tried as hard as I could to get better at it. Dropped out of high school. Suffered from horrible anxiety about the future and where I'd end up.
>Always dreamed of being successful and overcoming all of my anxieties
>Dreamed of being someone.
>Being something great.
>Something that isn't shit.
>Literally have no idea what to do for the future, and have little confidence in my abilities to pull shit off in the future, but still have grandiose thoughts.
>"Oh I'm real smart blah blah blah -tips fedora- I'm so smart"
>Only thing I have going for me is a fast food job, part time.
>Atleast I overcame social anxiety kind of
-
>Fast forward a few months after getting job at fast food
>Start wondering what I should do to make a future for myself.
>"Well, I've always liked programming I guess. Maybe I'll get a job in CS."(Was programming for 3 years on and off before this)
>Go on /sci/ and take a look around
>See how horrible getting a CS degree would be for me, both debt wise, and time wise
>See how the only degrees worth getting are pure math or something else
>Realize that I don't have the intelligence to get pure math degree, or any degree worth getting in general
>Not only that, but have such low confidence in myself, I can't see myself being able to do a job I get that isn't simple shit
>Not even programming.
>My ego was knocked down from all this shit - and now I truly see how horribly stupid of a human being I really am.
>Envy people who are smarter than me, envy people who know all this shit I don't know
>Envy people who have the confidence to do things and be people
>I sit here, working fast food, coming home, and playing Planetside 2 all day
>I can't see a future for myself
>I can't BUILD a future for myself
>Literally nothing. Just black. I'm just here. No purpose.

Well, thanks for ruining what little hope and confidence I had left /sci/. Guess I'll be killing myself soon.
>>
>>8003737
intelligence has nothing to do, just work try this CS degree and work hard
>>
>>8003737
>playing Planetside 2

Here's your problem, at least play some good games
>>
>>8003744
not OP, what is good game ?
>>
>>8003737
Hurr durr a random guy on an anonymous jap cartoon imageboard said x is worthless now everything is lost

Cs guy here, companys are literally begging low level uni fags to work for them at 50k starting.

It also literally costs nothing to study anything.

Oh wait im in germany never mind.
>>
>>8003737
>18

Didn't even read the rest of that self pity.
Come back and cry when you're 35 and fucked up on most of your choices in life
>>
>>8003741
I have come to the realization my programming skill is shit, and programming in general is a stagnated field from all the meme loving sjws polluting it. I have no confidence or ability to improve it. I am fucked. Even if I go do CS, I would fail the math. I have nothing in my future. I dont even have a car.
>>
>>8003748
An welcher UNI? Btw Informatik ist wirklich ein fail. Schlechter studiengang.
>>
>>8003751
you need to practice all days untill you dream about program at night.
>>
>>8003751
>>8003746
Reading a book and making stuff to learn things is not far from playing games. You just have to get the "omg i need to do learn x because future and money" out of your head and "omg fucking science makes me to become an übermensch" into your head.

Youre just as stupid as you think https://youtu.be/HLUX0y4EptA
>>
>>8003748
Hs rm medieninf

Es geht nicht um die uni oder das fach sondern um den studenten, ich zieh mir doppelt soviel rein wie die andern fotzen
>>
>>8003760
this song is fucking good !
>>
>>8003760
THere has also been the problem that I just cant think of anything to make. Automating computer tasks only teaches so much.
>>
>>8003737
Get a trade you autist. Electrical work requires high school level maths and depending on how well you do, you could go on to be an electrical engineer. There's also computer work involved if that's what you're interested in.
>>
just do something
>>
>>8003762
iist antwort auf >>8003753
>>
>>8003737
>CS degree
Top fucking kek. Protip: Employers care way more about your portfolio. They don't care if you have a degree.
>>
>>8003786
Ive worked as a programmer before studying cs, I taught everything myself with books and Tutorials and Videos. You THINK you know everything but in fact you dont know fucking anything.

Show me one non-studied programmer who can make a raytracer in c in less than 3 days
>>
>Go on /sci/ and take a look around
This is where you fucked up. Don't base your life on memes dude. If a CS degree is what you're interested in then study that.
>>
Good god what a faggot
>>
>>8003762
Falsch. Es kommt auf das Fach an. Wenn du bei einem Vorstellungsgespräch sagst, du hast einen Abschluss in Gender Studies, aber kannst super programmieren, zeigen die dir den Stinkefinger. Und zudem: Medieninformatik ist ja noch behinderter als normal Informatik, topkek. Und dann noch an einer unbekannten, ruflosen hochschule. Genieß deine Zeit beim Burgerbraten als Angestellter beim McD.
>>
>>8003949
Grasske newk pok nik nak pati wak heil heil heil allahu akbar

>my krautspeak is a bit rusty
>>
>>8003778
>>8003786
these
>>
>>8003737
back to r9k son
>>
>>8003737

Write a book faggot. Go to >>>/lit/
>>
>>8003750
/thread
>>
>>8003737
Can you pull off as a middle or elementary school teacher? go to education college and get a degree in subject you are good at or you enjoy.
All you need is to beat your social anxiety and a subject you really like.
>>
>>8003737
You are still on time faggot.

I am 23, finished high school at 21 because of being a lazy fuck and changing orientations all the time, I have no job (not even at McDonalds I could get so far), I am quite depressed, and yet I study electronic engineering at night (free school) and keep hoping to get a job at some point during the year.

If this year I don't do well in electronics, I'll give a shot to some low tier finances shit and see what if, I keep drifting and trying stuff, life can be shit but you gotta keep trying.
>>
>See how the only degrees worth getting are pure math or something else
kek
>>
>>8004309
>>8004309
>orientations

What? You gay, then decide to be bi, then straight, then gay?

How does this slow your studies?
>>
>>8004214
I've thought about doing this and putting it on Amazon kindle, but I have little faith my ideas would be well received.
>>
>>8003737
Nobody cares
>>
>>8003737
Soggycow, is that you?
>>
>>8004727
Who?
>>
File: 1397329806342.gif (40KB, 160x205px) Image search: [Google]
1397329806342.gif
40KB, 160x205px
I could shit out some advice that you've already heard, work really hard and be successful, but I would rather just be genuine. If you have a decently stable income and you can survive with a little extra left over money, I would recommend doing research and just do a psychedelic once every year or so like I do. I enjoy nothing, even though my life is going really great when I look at it from a perspective of what I should be feeling about all of it, but the one thing I genuinely have in my life that I look forward to is a handful of moments that's just pure heaven and the after glow of feeling alive for a while.

That's my advice for your personal will to live, trust me, when used right, the feeling (Don't actually think you're gaining some secret alien knowledge or some bullshit, its a drug) is just fucking beyond your understanding of amazing. For me personally, its so great that it made my life worth living.

Anyway I know a couple people are gonna call me a degenerate and insist that psychs are over rated and that true happiness comes from working hard or some dad level advice like have a kid but I'd at least try to have a real experience before you end your life. And if it helps at all, I really thought I couldn't achieve my goals like you and I fucking hated math with a god damn passion but after getting my GED, getting into this aerospace program at my little community college, and taking extra steps to stand out 1 by 1, I've watched myself evolve from depressed ''smart but lazy'' kid with no drive, to competent aerospace technician student that's probably gonna be working on Orion in a year if I don't get picked up by SpaceX first. I never thought I could have ever gotten to this point but now that I'm here, I know I'm just going to keep improving and the future looks bright. Opportunities open up more opportunities.
Boiled down, if you're SET on killing yourself because no purpose, at least have a genuinely interesting psychedelic experience first.
>>
File: 1460061981310.jpg (31KB, 358x334px)
1460061981310.jpg
31KB, 358x334px
>>8003737
Math is something all but a few people start out bad at.You should go to whatever community college you have in your area and take a algebra class and slowly work up on the line.Most people that take math-centric careers go at their own pace. Dont give up m8
>>
File: 1460268716523.png (555KB, 593x718px)
1460268716523.png
555KB, 593x718px
>Actually allowing /sci/ to dictate you on what to study
>>
>>8003748
Only free for EU/EEA citizens. rip
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.