[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know if i want a degree on computer science or mechanical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 41Otwi7r7fL._SY355_.jpg (19KB, 321x355px) Image search: [Google]
41Otwi7r7fL._SY355_.jpg
19KB, 321x355px
I don't know if i want a degree on computer science or mechanical engineering, so i was expecting if some anon can help me solve this with some intel:
- i really like mathematics
- i really like the physics problems(they feel intangible/mysterious i know it sounds cringy), they seem like they have some porpose( something more interesting then autisticaly solving math equations without seeing it being applied in reality...like it's not enough)
-i really like how optimizing computer science is to solve problems (like creating softwares to attend our needs)
-i've started programming python,css,html but i lost my interest since i didn't really had an objective, so i still feel insecure, like i'm going to lose my interest at some point in a project.
-Even though i like doing physics i don't really know if i just like it because of the mathematics...i don't know what i was supose to feel about that.Some insight is appreciated
>>
you have to narrow down your interests in math and physics first to make a decision, really
>>
>>8000404
do Mech E and learn how to write simulation software. CFD and FEA make fucking bank. my former gas dynamics teacher is working for Lucasfilm making more realistic sandstorms on tatooine or some shit.
>>
>>8000420
you mean find out precisely what i want from each one?If it's the case it would take a lot of time...like a degree's
>>
>>8000426
i'm a little more preoccupied to find my passion first and i'm not that into design.I was thinking of optmizing some area like energy or something that i could create a better version of...idk
>>
>>8000428
like this: physics:mechanics, electronics, thermodynamics, quantum shit
math: solving algebraic equations, doing proofs, etc.
>>
>>8000441
that's good idea, thanks
>>
>>8000426
>my former gas dynamics teacher is working for Lucasfilm
what's his name
>>
File: sci chocice.png (10KB, 660x453px) Image search: [Google]
sci chocice.png
10KB, 660x453px
>>8000404
refer to flowchar
>>
>>8000404
Just do applied mathematics
>>
Do what >>8000426 says.
Finding your passion on what branch of mathematics is irrelevant if you do a ME degree, because you'll do everything in ME. I'm learning how to make CFD, CHT, and FEA solver codes right now and it's almost all pure math, with algorith optimisation being a big part. It's almost an extension of software engineering but with a big basis in physics. Also if you want intangibility just read about any numerical method that's in use. shit deals with constant coordinate transforms, conformal mapping and other things that make no sense in how they were formulated. The strange part is that most of the equations in use in modeling cancel out, and it's more of an emotional test rather than a logic test.

Most importantly, learn FORTRAN 77, scientific computing is nothing without that and solvers use FORTRAN code as their basis usually.
>>
Ask yourself this, are you an outgoing alpha male who can work well in teams and communicate effectively with his peers who also wants to make lots of money and get pussy? Then mechanical engineering is for you.

Or are you an autistic nerd that likes to sit in a corner and do math proofs so he can suck his profs cock and be laughed at by superior engineers? Then CS is for you.
>>
>>8000788
I think he meant that learning about those specifics would help me find out if i prefer one over another or both of then.Like i said before idk how to reach a conclusion about cs because i never had an objective with it(even though i still find it interesting).I was expecting some kind of insight over this because it would pretty much solve my problem
>>
>>8000806
>>8000775
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.