[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about Ouchi Hisashi (and the other guy who died

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 5

Can we talk about Ouchi Hisashi (and the other guy who died similarly)?

If you were the doctor in charge what would you do? How much pain did Ouchi experience? What can be learned from keeping him alive the way they did? What would've been the humane time to kill him?

Talk about whatever you want related to this man and the accident or similar incidents.

Good watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBK1JsApwp0
>>
Asians are fucking soulless
>>
>>8000184
You mean the most appropriately named man in history?
>>
>>8000199
>>/pol/
>>
>>8000184
What's there to say?

Nothing can be learned because all of his insides were melting, and those that weren't had already been too damaged to do anything about. He probably experienced unimaginable pain throughout his whole body, if he was even conscious through a lot of it. They should've just euthanized him the moment they realised nothing could be done.
>>
>>8000207
when will this meme die. His name is pronounced OO-chi, not OW-chi

>>8000199
>>8000208
building on these points. this may not be soullessness but a scientific venture. as a doctor/scientist, the presence of a victim of acute radiation poisoning such as his had great scientific value. With the modern medicine (by 1990s standards) had not had a victim like him for quite a while. I'm sure his illness was more documented than what we can find on the internet (since the info is generally the same short summaries)

Ouchi was unconscious so suffering could be at a minimum, he did have a lot of brain activity.

The other guy wrote (because he couldn't speak anymore) "mommy help"
>>
>>8000215
>>8000207
It's actually pronounced OH-chi
>>
>>8000215
You don't need to experiment on people with radiation poisoning like this. It's pretty clear that their DNA is completely destroyed and so their body stops working. There's nothing else to be learnt.
>>
>>8000222
>>8000215
I know how its pronounced, its still funny
>>
>>8000231
Thats not really true. You learn progression, specific effects, which things are affected first and to what extent, you learn how to keep someone alive under these conditions (which doesnt help this guy but might help someone else with a survivable but very high dose).

And remember they didnt poison him, he was irradiated in an accident and then doctors did their job and kept him alive as long as possible
>>
>he was "skeletonized"
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS MEAN
>>
>>8000240
he is become the skeleto
>>
>>8000246
thanks mr skeltal
>>
File: skeletons.jpg (342KB, 1365x919px) Image search: [Google]
skeletons.jpg
342KB, 1365x919px
>>8000240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTgFtxHhCQ0
>>
It was kind of his own retarded fault for not following protocol.

Still, as a chemistry student, I find nuclear chemistry scary af. I have no problems with HF, azides, organophosphates, etc, but something scares me to death when read about these criticality accidents.
>>
>>8000184
>What can be learned from keeping him alive the way they did? What would've been the humane time to kill him?

He was in a medically induced coma and felt zero pain IRCC. Also he was one of the first to be exposed to massive amounts of neutron/gamma radiation so you might as well study it's affects on the body.
>>
>>8000562
>He was in a medically induced coma and felt zero pain IRCC

it's hard to be sure, he might have been in extreme pain, there's no machine or test to really indicate what someone subjectively experiences.

>lso he was one of the first to be exposed to massive amounts of neutron/gamma radiation so you might as well study it's affects on the body.

experimentation should come second to preserving human life, or in this case ending his suffering.
>>
>>8000240

He fell apart, anon.

Little by little, he just fell apart.
>>
I have been thinking about this terrible case. Or the pictures, at least.

There is a fictional song which emotionally conveys roughly the reality, here. Look up "hamburger lady" (and its lyrics) by Throbbing Gristle if you are interested.
>>
>>8000215
Which man wrote 'mommy help?'
>>
This man became the patron/saint of edgelords
>>
>>8000222
Don't ruin it.
>>
>>8000572
It's entirely possible knowledge gleaned from cases such as this could help prevent suffering in the future.

Also, such anesthesia is so powerful you are essentially dead. There is no consciousness at all. When given propofol during surgery, for instance, you typically have no perception of the time between going under and awakening, it seems immediate.
>>
>>8001011
>It's entirely possible knowledge gleaned from cases such as this could help prevent suffering in the future.
That's still not the primary responsibility of doctors, though.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
>>8000184
>that video
damn.. poor guys
>>
>>8001019
Research doctors exist.

There was without doubt no ability to save that man, and only by studying cases will there ever be a way to save victims in the future.
>>
>>8000572
>experimentation should come second to preserving human life

and by studying him, they were able to establish medical protocols for preserving human life in all further such accidents
>>
>>8000184
It's forbidden for doctors to euthanise patients even if they give consent in my country.
>>
>>8001040
Not that guy but how? Tell me what they learnt, nothing. It's already obvious that when chromosomes are destroyed cells stop working. Seriously by your logic unit 731 was a good idea.
>>
>>8000184
Given the circumstances it's quite remarkable he lived as long as he did. 81 days is a pretty long time considering all of his chromosomes where severely damaged and his white count was zero.

I'm an EE so I'm not really qualified to speak on biological matters but even I know damage that extensive means you're dead.

Ethically speaking they probably should have realized a lost cause from the get go and put the DNR order out on day one. He may only have lived a few days or week instead of nearly three months. There's no coming back from damage like that.
>>
all everyone has to know is this
>muh nuclear cheap energy
>too bad no one wants to deal with situations like this
>>
>>8001045
The two circumstances are extremely unlike.

Regardless, I don't claim to be extensively familiar with the history of the development of out modern understanding of radiation poisoning, but it is considerablly more complicated than you make out. Tissues are not equivalently effected by radiation exposure, neither direct nor via radioisotope ingestion. The detailed circumstances are even still not fully understood, and human patients vastly outmatch what can be observed in the lab in terms of systemic effects. At the end of the day, everything helps us to advance our understanding, so it is far from meaningless.
>>
is he the human that suffered the most pain in history?

I can't imagine any way to harm the human body more(without killing the person) than just fucking up every god damn cell in your body.
>>
>>8001045
Unit 731 produces huge quantites of useful data though. It should never have happened, but the science was good
>>
>>8001104
He was unconscious for almost all of it, and its hard to say precisely how much he suffered while he was aware
>>
>>8001104
He was quite likely sedated beyond imagination.
>>
>>8000235
If your job is to keep that alive then you need to think about your job.

Anyway i'm surprised that the bloodthirsty Texans have not thought to use this as a method of execution, irradiate you, keep you alive for 80 days while you melt away, or is this too much for even the Bible Belt?
>>
>>8001146
Oh fuck off, im not even pro death penalty but you are just being a prick now
>>
>>8001146
Anti-euthanasia laws where made by people with roughly opposite mind sets to what you're bringing up.

Beyond that though, you should keep your asinine non-sequiturs out of this.
>>
>>8001150
>>8001154
mad cowboys detected.

dont you have a child to execute?
>>
>>8001169
I'm a kiwi you mongoloid
>>
>>8001171
Yeah you sure are a fruit.
>>
>>8001171
So why are you defending Texas?
>>
>>8001180
Even americans arent this stupid
>>
>>8001182
At what point did I defend texas?
>>
>>8001185
You can marry now, there's no reason to be butthurt.
Oh, wait.
>>
>>8001169
>>8001182
Don't be surprised when even the impartial call out your retarded statements.
>>
>>8001187
you chastised me for making fun of the place.
>>8001194
How is it retarded? it's fact that Texas a) likes executions b) likes gruesome methods such as the chair c) has executed kids in recent history
>>
>>8001198
If you think equating the death of Ouchi to the texan death penalty is a fair comparison, you are beyond retarded
>>
>>8001198
>How is it retarded? it's fact that Texas a) likes executions b) likes gruesome methods such as the chair c) has executed kids in recent history
I have no idea what the fuck your problem is, but /g/ isn't the place for you to pull your pants down and display it.
Maybe try >>/pol/?
>>
>nuclear chemistry
>raidiation poisoning
>medical ethics of keeping such a vicim aline

then this cunt comes along>>8001146
>hurrdurr texans bad

what the fuck
Where are the fucking mods jesus christ. Report that fucker people
>>
>>8000222

No it's more like OHue - chi
>>
>>8001198
Texas is a state, it's not someone that can like to do these things or whatever
>>
>>8000184
Dunno about that case but from from what my dad tells me they let plenty of people die if its obvious that 'saving' them will only delay death by a day or a few hours.
They usually dont flat out do anything obviously illegal like ODing them on morphine but they work slower to let them die.
He says it also has to do with 75% of the doctors being ex-millitary and most of them having seen action as medics.i dunno desu how it is in other countries tho.
>>
>>8000184
Learned: When someone begs for death, give it to them, or you're a sadistic piece of shit.
>>
>>8001201
>>8001202
>>8001217
>make fun of Britain, Russia, Brazil, literally anywhere
>all good banter
>make fun of America
>everybody's feelings hurt
If you are offended so easily I suggest you try www.reddit.com
>>
>>8001242
Texas IS a state retard, not a person. I only asked you to make sense a little.
>>
>>8001242
/sci/ isn't /b/.
>>
>>8001247
>>8001248
This is still 4chan, you can't cry just because someone made fun of your state, country, whatever. Every thread about relativity someone makes fun of the fact that Einstein was a Jew and everybody laughs but when someone does the same to you suddenly it's not so funny huh?
>>
>>8001279
Texas is a state you fucking retard, not a person. You need to make sense first in order to make fun of something.
>>
>>8001279
I'm not a Texan, I'm from the even wilder shittery of Alabama.

You just want to shit the board up with non-sequitur bull, and then act like /sci/ is one person when you get called out.
>>
>>8001286
>You need to make sense first in order to make fun of something.
Blatantly untrue. This shows once again how unintelligent people who live in the state Texas are.
>>
>>8001298
>>8001299
People who live Texas are called TEXANS you fucking imbeciles, not TEXAS.

How embarrassing is it that you thought you had enough brainstems attempting to make fun of something without knowing proper English ?
>>
>>8001295
Literally all of /sci/ are non-sequiturs. Make a thread about a Jewish or black scientist? Some guy points out some nig who murdered a white guy or Jews eating Palestinian babies in Israel, everybody chuckles. But god forbid you bring up America's sketchy human rights record, that's a step too far, only now will we make a point of telling racist or xenophobic shitposters to fuck off because it's now about your own people.
>>
File: enhanced-10098-1423584262-8.png (374KB, 625x493px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-10098-1423584262-8.png
374KB, 625x493px
>>8001306
>>
>>8000572
>it's hard to be sure, he might have been in extreme pain, there's no machine or test to really indicate what someone subjectively experiences.
So we should euthenize everyone, since everyone might subjectivly be experiencing pain? The objective evidence says he was in a coma and felt nothing.

>experimentation should come second to preserving human life, or in this case ending his suffering.
Oh so now he was suffering for sure, all evidence to the contrary? The doctors weren't experimenting they were trying to keep him alive. Mustard gas victims in WW1 looked worse than this and they were in worse pain since they weren't put in coma back then. Severe burn victims look way worse than this, and might be in more pain until they are placed in coma. Doctors deal with people who look worse off than this guy all the time. Mustard gas and burn victims usually survive since their wounds are only surface deep. This guy had worse chances, but frankly the doctors didn't know 100% since there is limited research on radiation poisoning.

You're trying to represent this as some kind of scandal. It was never that. Normal civilian doctors were doing their job trying to save him and they were regarded as heroes, no one accused them of any wrongdoing. Now like 20 years later you're trying to frame it as some sick secret government experiment by putting together some gory pictures and talking about pain. You could do the same thing with a random burn victim: Talk about in how much pain he is in with his skin burned off, show pictures of his flesh so burnt that you can see bone, and then accuse the doctors of experimenting on him by trying to keep him alive. It's pretty fucking easy to make people feel disgust by doing that.
>>
>>8001308
lel u fight columbians and vietnamese in BLOPS, not sandnigs.

Except for MW2, which is pure arab genocide where american soldiers in the game are literally cheering when buildings collapse on top of kids.
>>
>>8001307
> bring up America's sketchy human rights record
it is usually used to demonize white people while completely ignoring how african warlords enslaved their own people and sold them to whites like it's normal for africans to enslave other africans
>>
>>8001306
>2016
>not having multiple brain stems
>>
>>8001317
Merica is still making anti-vietnam media?
Jesus how can one country be this salty over a defeat? Vietnam is a successful happy country with a booming tech industry.
>>
>>8001108
any examples of that useful data?
wow, when you chop off legs the person can't walk anymore, no way
>>
>>8001311
>crawling in my skin
>>
>>8001374
How fast they bleed out is very useful information to trauma doctors.
>>
>>8001398
You can do that with chimps
>>
What a great thread.
>>
>>8001123
This.

There would really be no point in letting him suffer. We already know how the body reacts to the shock of a burn, and if anything letting him hurt would only kill him faster which would be stupid if they wanted him alive.
>>
Reviving thread. Please everyone ignore the shitposts about Texas and /pol/ discussions.
>>
File: 1450570387750.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1450570387750.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
>Ouchi
You can't make this stuff up
>>
>>8000210
/Thread

They implied pretty hard that a person can't suffer in their dreams
>>
>>8000522
I guess it's scary because you mostly don't even have to touch them physically to be effected by them
>>
>>8001045
>>8000572
>>8000184
>>8000231
>>8000210
Yes, as shit as it was, things were learned.
It wasn't until the sister donated the marrow and skin that they found out the body at that stage couldn't accept the donations. I think that's valuable, since that lady is carrying scars and compromised immunity now, so now they figured out it was a waste.

Should have asked the patient his permission to live, voluntary euthanisation should be mandatory in doomed cases like this.

>>8001083
Do you know how you avoid lethal situations?
You follow protocol.
>>
>>8003898

>Do you know how you avoid lethal situations?
>You follow protocol

and you train the workers doing the job.
>>
>>8001123
Like burn victims.
>>
>>8001146
0/10
>>
>>8000199
So they're no different from any other race in that regard.
>>
>>8000207

BAZINGA
>>
>>8001368
>Vietnam is a successful happy country

You could not be more wrong.

They still have an oppressive government, crippling poverty, and face ridiculous mortality rates from diseases and famine.
>>
>>8000246

it was 2spooky. there was a skelton inside of him.
>>
>>8000184
Whoever narrated that video needs to never narrate again.
>>
>>8001040
>ok let's send two faggots to add radioactive fuel into the reactor, what could go wrong
>accident
>>
>>8004346
Either way they don't hate the West anymore so I don't see why they are still being demonized in our media.
>>
>>8000184
w8 this niggas name was really ouchi
>>
>>8000184
There was no point in keeping him alive. The same kind of accident happened at Los Alamos in the USA, but the doctors there just terminated life support when they knew the patients were going to die anyways.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.