[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is applied mathematics the biggest meme? I mean who really would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: RealAnalysis.png (35KB, 400x349px) Image search: [Google]
RealAnalysis.png
35KB, 400x349px
Is applied mathematics the biggest meme?

I mean who really would enjoy sitting around all day and doing computation?

>implying Analysis isn't the only thing that brought you to mathematics
>>
>>7998069
>he thinks applied mathematics is solely computations

stick to pure math you fedora
>>
>>7998069
to be quite honest, doing computations all day might actually be pretty fun.
>>
>>7998069
>applied mathematics
>only computations
It is not true, the methods that thy use in real applied mathematics range through all of mathematics. For example: some practical problem boils down to solwing a nonlinear pde. Eangeneers usualy employ numerical methods to approximate the solution of the pde, but te you have a crucial question: is the solution of your equation unique? Then to showthe uniquness they employs really fuced up results from analysis -ranging from Banach fiex poin theorem to theory of borwer degree, morover the proofs of the rsults that they use can somtiems be translated to writing an algorithm that will converge to the solutions. Applied mathematics can be awsome.
>>
>>7998099
jesus your typing is atrocious, you must be on a phone or something. applied math is just as rigorous and difficult as pure math. there are some bullshit branches of applied math that are just computations just like there are bullshit branches of topology like graph theory.
>>
id rather do computation than dumb shit like
>MUH LOGIC & SET THEORY
>MUH WHAT AN AMAZING FUNCTION ITS DERIVATIVE IS NOT CONTINOUES WEW
>>
computation is means to some end senpai. I'm in applied because I'm interested in the end. The end of my life that is.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 499x499px
>>7998069
I don't know about the biggest, but it certainly is the dankest.
>>
>>7998069
This is here where 300K starting isn't a meme but serious and very optainable option
>>
>>7998479
>obtainable
>>
>>7998479
Applied? I think you mean stats or discrete/OR friend
>>
>>7998069

How's freshman year of undergrad going?
>>
>>7998318
Underrated post
>>
>>7998265
>graph theory is bullshit
Sorry they made it so useful, anon. I know this triggers a mathematician.
>>
>>7998069
If you want jobs you need to take numerical analysis and linear programming. A math major who cannot do numerical coding is worthless.
>>
>>7998707
I don't want a job that is why I'm studying mathematics
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.