[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If your brain gets broken into atoms and then reassembled into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1458800129199.jpg (41KB, 283x352px) Image search: [Google]
1458800129199.jpg
41KB, 283x352px
If your brain gets broken into atoms and then reassembled into exactly the same pattern as before. Just exactly the same as it was. Would you still have your conscious, meaning will it be like you were always you?
>>
it's not voluntary to think 5 dimensionally, but here goes. the theseus' ship analogy explains a lot about the nature of how karma as one might call it relates nothing to the effervescerated spirit of what you know as a mass of matter. it's just atoms, ha-ha, but NO fuck NO it's way obtuse to assume things can't be the other way around just as general relativity loses its predicting power to quantum mechanics. to quantum mechanics, general relativity is just as ridiculous. qm can't explain shit even so much as realize kinematics. so why would you go to extremes and think that because picturing particulate matter is easy you have even the slightest sense or clue of what is going on at the macrocosmological. your whole body might be your soul. it might be your heart in resonance with your nervous system. who knows. atoms aren't systematic.
>>
>>7997941
hi
>>
File: 1349208135436.jpg (23KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1349208135436.jpg
23KB, 500x375px
>>7997950
anubis
>>
Your consciousness would be destroyed when it is ripped apart. When it was put back together, it would form an identical but different person in the sense that a new consciousness would be formed.
>>
>>7997878
Imagine instead of breaking your brain apart and assembling an idnetical copy, your brain is simply scanned without being destroyed, and then a new identical copy is created from that scan. Do you expect to be able to feel and experience everything the copy does?
>>
File: 1453859099026.jpg (53KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1453859099026.jpg
53KB, 960x540px
>>7997878

simple answer here

if you lose consciousness for even a fraction of time while teleporting, that means you died.

a good idea would be to display a message to your brain that says "teleporting", that way you will make sure you didnt die.
>>
>>7998229
No, of course not. The two copies have no form of communication, unless you are constantly being updated with information through the 'teleporter.'
>>
>>7998365
would the 'copy' have to learn what 'teleporting' means definitionwise either way during respawn?
would it make more sense to compact memories into a simpler genetic 'storage' container like idk, a rocklobster, that already has zero consciousness to take the risk of death out of teleporting?
>>
>>7998401
Then why would destroying your brain and creating a copy give you access to the copy? The copy is not you
>>
>>7998365
>if you lose consciousness for even a fraction of time while teleporting, that means you died.

sorry but that's not even close to how we define death
>>
>>7997878
If there is a continuity, then yes. Your memories is what shapes your consciousness, it uses your memory and continuously feedbacks your sensory inputs to add on.

So if you can get a perfect harcopy with your exact memories, you would have the same consciousness.
>>
>>7998673
Again, if there is a perfect copy of you with identical memory etc, but you were still alive, you would not share the copies consciousness
>>
>>7998678
hmmmm. I guess you wouldn't.

Then it's true that consciousness is unique and not-dependant on memory.
>>
atoms are only the smallest particle we can observe, so no

you also die every time you sleep, but that's another story
>>
>>7997878
You'd have the same memories and personality traits so it would be impossible for anyone, including you, to tell if you were the original or not.
>>
>>7997878
Why would you assume that breaking your brain apart and rebuilding it would destroy your particular awareness, but the transition from one moment in time to the next wouldn't?
Both are just translations.
>>
>>7998877
>your consciousness gets switched with another you from a parallel universe and you take their place.
>>
It doesn't even matter

"me" is just an illusion, everyone is a "me" there is nothing special about your "me"
>>
Play or watch the game "soma"
>>
I recall some article about how they disovered that the brain contains a certain quantum energy that disappears on death.

Also, as far as the clone, you would have to tear the brain apart in order to fully "copy" it. But, you could probably make 2 copies from 1 destruction, if youre able to store enough data and manipulate particles perfectly.

Its probable that the new "person" would think the same, and whatnot, but also likely that they would diverge from the path you would take, since theyre just feeling out neural connections.

Some decisions, people are so flip floppy on, but they still determine your thoughts.
>>
>>7997878
Assuming consciousness is a non-physical entity, then no.
If consciousness is a physical entity, then yes.

Proving either is very difficult.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.