[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Researchers have found that specially ionized graphene has the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Researchers have found that specially ionized graphene has the highest free energy surface known to man.

They plan to use graphene-lined walls to build bottomless swimming pools as was seen in tommorrowland.

They say the water is so strongly attracted to graphene that not even gravity or the sun can overcome it.

Would you buy a bottomless swimming pool?
>>
>>7994929
you could just use glass like a normal person
>>
>>7994929
>Would you buy a bottomless swimming pool?

>*knock knock*
>Hi, I was wondering if you would be willing to buy a bottomless swimming pool. We've got lots of models in stock.
>Yes, that's the type of pool where there's no bottom floor holding the water up
>Uh, well, it's much more expensive because we have to use specially ionized graphene for the walls
>Hmm, yes, I suppose it is just like a regular swimming pool with a much higher risk of death by fall
>Do you need a pen?
>*slam*
>>
>>7994929
wtf is a free energy surface
>>
>>7994977
>1916+100
>not knowing about Gibb's Free Energy
>>
>>7994929
Why wouldn't the water in the middle just fall down, leaving a thin layer of water really, really strongly bound to the graphene?
>>
>>7994984
It would. I think OP is asking a hypothetical question.
>>
>>7994984
maybe it works like magnets?
>>
>>7994977
Just some thermodynamic state function.
>>
>>7994929
if you swim to the bottom, wouldn't you die?
>>
>>7995028
Its bottomless you fuck
>>
>>7994984
It's called long range interactions.
>>
>>7994929
>not even gravity can overcome it
gravity has no known upper limit
>bottomless
not possible, that would mean it contains an infinite amount of water
>>
>>7995139
they mean that the water is kept in a pool without the need of bottom piece fighting gravity, meaning you could dive through the whole pool and come out at the bottom
>>
>>7994984
surface tension, shear stress, probably a lot of other effects depending on the mechanism of how the surface holds onto the water. would be a real feat of engineering to make them a reality.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.