[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /sci/, first post here. I'm writing a movie, and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (277KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 1600x900px
Hey /sci/, first post here. I'm writing a movie, and the "villain" in my film wants to kill every human on earth because he thinks he would be saving the world and doing the galaxy a favor before humans begin to spread like a disease.

What is the most effective way to eliminate the entire human population from a scientific standpoint? I'm thinking a disease or nukes could work, but I'm not sure if that would get everybody. Destroying earth's magnetic field maybe?
>>
>>7992588
Let him break the fourth wall and kill you. Since you're dead now, your imagination doesn't exist, therefore everyone in your movie dies.
>>
>>7992588
Without commenting on the originality of the villain, the most efficient way to make humans go extinct, which is an extremely difficult task by the way, would be some kind of genetically engineered airborne disease. Work with that.
>>
>>7992588
He sits in an air-tight chamber with a giant pump sucking all the air that we breathe out of the atmosphere. It's then condensed into liquid form and set alight and the bi product sent back out into the atmosphere. Eventually there will be no air left and because his "lair" is in the middle of some remote jungle no one would know the source.
>>
The problem with disease is its highly likely a tiny fraction won't die from it and will be immune
>>
>>7992588

If he's doing the galaxy a favor, all he has to do is cripple human tech. Have him blow up nukes at the edge of space, wiping out all electricity from Earth. And he can strategically nuke vessels of human tech, laboratories, seed reserves, government facilities.
>>
Liberals are doing a fantastic job.
>>
>>7992588
Virus or solar activity is most plausible
>>
His men steal a prototype teleporter and sends an iron core into the sun, killing it.

Keep in mind, this will destroy all life on earth.
>>
>>7992588
That doesn't make a lot of sense, how does he not realize that the impact humans have on the galaxy is effectively nil. Hell, even the earth is generally not affected by humans. Climate change is obviously real, but it's not like it will end the planet, it will just be a mass extinction probably killing all humans. I've never understood villains in media that are motivated this way.

If he were able to get rid of the earth's magnetic field (no idea how one would go about doing that) you wouldn't just be killing humanity, it's entirely possible that you'd kill all life on earth. Nukes could be a maybe, but if he's trying to save the earth that probably isn't the best way to go. A virus would be the most believable, but probably 1-5% of the human race would be immune so you wouldn't be able to kill everyone.
>>
>>7992588
Just support Trump for president and let him take care for it.
>>
>>7992588
If this is in the future, rip off the bible

>NWO orders all citizens to report to their nations capitals (or district city if country is too big)
>All people are now within 200 cities, with the total area of destruction needed to kill all humans is about the size of Oklahoma

Operation Bethlehem
>>
File: 1459620535935.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1459620535935.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>7992863
Kekekekek
>>
>>7992588

Programming a virus is the most efficient way. It would have to be slow enough to act, so that it can go undetected and spread globally before giving a chance to react. HIV would probably be good base to build on, delay wise. Combine that with something surprising and deadly.

Underlying link explains why I used programming instead of engineering or manufacturing.
http://phys.org/news/2016-03-language-cells.html
>>
cobalt bomb
>>
>>7992892
>That doesn't make a lot of sense, how does he not realize that the impact humans have on the galaxy is effectively nil.

The point is to eliminate humans before they become a problem on a grander scale. Think of it as a preventive measure, like removing a cancerous tumor when it's small and manageable.

The villain believes that by ending lives, he's saving the lives of every future human who would endure the suffering of existence otherwise.
>>
>>7992588

Asplode the erth with a super mega bomb
>>
>>7992863
just with whites
>>
>>7992588

Bioaccumulation of poisons in popular foods like Coca-Cola or Nutella or Monsanto seeds for poo-in-loo countries:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minamata_disease
>>
>>7993379
Water is more common drink than Coca-Cola or any single food, and is also found in many foods. Even sex is worse since amount is decreasing especially in western countries.
>>
install a rocket on the dark side of the Moon that push it towards the Earth

or just nuclear explosions that are able to push large pieces of the Moon into outer space, in a way that push the Moon itself in the opposite direction, that is in the Earth direction
>>
>>7993213
What he needs is a Jihad.
>>
>>7992588

Some chemical chain reaction with positive feedback leading to self-amplifying chain of events that would convert the earth uninhabitable.

This wouldn't have to be 100% scientifically accurate to be entertaining.
>>
>>7993404
>>7992588

like nitrogen oxidation chain reaction

We have both substances in our atmosphere.

"From two stages of nitrogen oxidation chain reaction N + O2 => NO + O and O + N2 => NO + N the second one needs more energy and, for this reason, needs excited N2 molecules:"

http://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/the-chain-reaction-of-atmospheric-nitrogen-oxidation-initiated-by-anelectric-discharge-in-air-2161-0398-1000195.php?aid=64550
>>
>>7992588

sabotage the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva in a way that it creates a black hole that'll rapidly swallow everything
>>
>>7993422
Is this actually possible? I don't think so
>>
>>7992588
>literally being this edgy
I could understand it if your character got shit on by humans and now wants revenge, but trying to "save" the galaxy (which might not even be populated at all) from humans is pretty dumb.

Try a zombie pathogen.
>>
>>7993424

No, it is not possible in real world. LHC can't actually make large black holes but instead it can make micro black holes.

Micro black holes, also called quantum mechanical black holes or mini black holes, are hypothetical tiny black holes, for which quantum mechanics effects play an important role. However, such quantum black holes would instantly evaporate.
>>
>>7992588
Creates 4chan
>>
>>7992588
idea 1: nanobots destroy everything on earth
idea 2: irradiate the whole planet with a bunch of nukes
idea 3: direct huge asteroid towards Earth
idea 4: use methane to create a runaway greenhouse effect (like the Clathrate gun hypothesis), though this may make the movie seem preachy about climate change.
>>
Read I am pilgrim. Or at least a summary of the villain's plan.
Spoiler- it's vaccine busting anthrax
>>
>>7992588
Op , destroy the sun, or at least block the ray of sun. Everyone will die
>>
>>7992588
You probably need several big disasters.

A metric shit ton of new super diseases is not a bad starting point. But it will not be enough.
Luring some countries into doing nuclear war with each other is also a good idea. Destroying earths magnetic field is not a bad idea either, but then there's the problem with how the villian should be able to do that...

But for sure you need several big disasters. A single man would not be able to orchestrate a plan that in one sweep would kill off humanity.
>>
>>7993777
>A single man would not be able to orchestrate a plan

With a simple plan he can destroy this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaba

at that point you'll have the world population reduced to less than 1 billion individuals (all muslims) capable only of using 500 years old technology.
>>
Release loads of CFCs into the air and wait for solar flare.
>>
>>7992588
>Destroying earth's magnetic field maybe?
this.

if you could construct a giant conducting ring around the earth, and spin it, you would slow and cool the convective flows in the interior, eroding the earths magnetic field.

could also do something crazy geologically, i dunno.
>>
>>7993777
this. it would need to be a multi pronged full on biblical scenario.

disease, famine, nukes, disasters.
>>
>>7992588
Global warming
>>
>>7992588
You need to stop evolution. Humans are not the problem.

There is no problem, only competition. If your premise is stopping the scourge of humanity inflicting itself upon the galaxy I suggest you find a way to switch off the second law of thermodynamics as our like will otherwise rise again.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.