[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My father is in coma since 2013 because of an aneurysm. Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: hospitalflowers.jpg (28KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
hospitalflowers.jpg
28KB, 425x282px
My father is in coma since 2013 because of an aneurysm. Should i begin to lose hope for him to wake up?
>>
Sorry, but yes. The brain is not something to fuck with
>>
>>7987481
No. Never lose hope.
>>
>>7987481
maybe.
maybe you should, maybe you shouldn't.
>>
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>7987481
Slip frozen carbon monoxide into his food
>>
>>7987493
>yes
>no
>maybe
You skipped the I don't know
>>
>>7987481
Donald Trump will restore him to consciousness and America to greatness when he becomes the president.

Don't remember the drug, but there's something completely unrelated to sedatives that can rouse coma patients to temporary wakefullness, google it and see if you find a doctor willing to try it.
>>
>>7987568
Why is it only temporary?
>>
>>7987568
What you see in House, isn't always factual.
>>
CANT WAKE UP
>>
>>7987607
Never seen House because it appeals to me as much as a fictional show about Will the Welder of Bob the bridgebuilder.

http://www.dana.org/Publications/ReportOnProgress/Waking_Up_from_Coma_New_Treatments_New_Hope/
>>
>>7987607
Vegetative state patient, not coma patient
>>
>>7987615
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>>
>>7987481
hahahahahahaahaaaahhhhhaahahhaahhhaaaahaahahhahhahahaahaaahhhhhhhhaaaa

kekekeeekkkeeekekekekekkkkeeekekekekekkekeeeekkeekekekekkeekekke

leleleeeeelllleeelelllelellelllleeeelelelleleellleleleleeeellellllllloooololololollolooooolollollllloololololllooolloololololololl
>>
>>7987654
No there was one before that where a coma patient walked again.
>>
>>7987481
So you want him to wake up pretty badly? I would probably feel the same, but consider how traumatically the aneurism affected his brain. My father was in a coma for about a month. Apparently he had a bottle shattered against his skull after getting jumped. He was admitted to one of the greatest hospitals in the U.S. They thought he would be in a longer coma or maybe even die. The doctor had told us some very grim predictions, like how he would have the mind of a 8 year old by time he hits 50. Thankfully his neuroplasticity was better than they thought. By the looks of things he won't be entirely handicapped till a later age. Lots of his old memories and a good portion of academic skills are still working well. I'm still supported to this day by him. The decrease in cognitive ability ended up ruining his life though. My father became violent with fits of uncontrollable rage. His social skills were greatly impaired too. Could say he became a less intelligent man altogether. So he was divorced and as of now cannot lead a normal social life. Still can work and appear normal, but evidently from recent checkups he is not. Grateful that he is alive and loves me, but I would not want to live this life and it might be the same for your father. Regardless there is not really a choice one way or the other before and after the coma. I'm trying really hard to not sound cold OP, but I think you know what I'm implying. I hope that if he does wake up the damage would not be too extensive. Would love to hear that he wakes up the same man aside from one or two problems, but life can be cruel sometimes.
>>
>>7989736
Should probably also mention he was likely kicked in the head, probably several times. Not just the bottle.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.