[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How difficult is it to learn trigonometry in a month? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Triangles.png (12KB, 576x412px) Image search: [Google]
Triangles.png
12KB, 576x412px
How difficult is it to learn trigonometry in a month? I'm considering a summer school course to do it as quickly as possible, but I'm not precisely a math whiz.
>>
>>7986662
>How difficult is it to learn trigonometry in a month?
If you actually care and pay attention? Easy.
>>
>>7986662
SOH CAH TOH

csc=1/sin
sec=1/cos
cot=cos/sin=csc*cos
tan=sin/cos=sin*sec

2π=360°

sin(0, 30, 45, 60, 90) = ½√(0, 1, 2, 3, 4)
cos(0, 30, 45, 60, 90) = ½√(4, 3, 2, 1, 0)

cos^2 + sin^2 = 1

There, you know all of trig.
>>
>>7986662
How much trig?
Like just triangles, or all the way up to integration and Taylor series?

I would say that if you just want triangles, 1 week will be fine if you just put ~2-3 hrs a day.
For everything, 1 month of that study regimen will be sufficient.
>>
File: 1292459921314.gif (64KB, 818x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1292459921314.gif
64KB, 818x1058px
>>7986662
>>
File: 1292460023101.gif (57KB, 818x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1292460023101.gif
57KB, 818x1058px
>>
/lit/fag here trying to get my math skills up. Im doing the khan academy practice problems for trig right now and im almost done after starting two days ago. I took trig before so I'm really just shaking the rust off but it's pretty easy. Wish I had had paid more attention in class the first time around.
>>
>>7986771
had^2
>>
>>7986744
Whatever is involved in a college trig course.
>>
>>7986803
>college trig course

wut
>>
>>7986752

Adding to the thread, the REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT formulas on this picture, that you should KNOW COLD, are that first "tangent identity" at the top left, and MOST OF ALL the very first "Pythagorean Identity", also at top. The law of sines is also extremely useful. The next most important things are the sum-difference identities, but they're not as mission critical as the above.

The rest is either stuff that you'll derive as exercises, or have drilled into you for a bit, but unless you actually work with it regularly for whatever reason afterwards, you need not commit most of the rest of this to long-term memory.

Something that is not really mentioned in the previous image is that the unit circle's "special points" are motivated by two very special right triangles: the right isosceles triangle, and the so-called "30-60-90" triangle, which is automatically of interest (and if you understand this, it precedes trigonometry very nicely): the triangle's angles are in a 1:2:3 relationship, one of the legs is exactly half of the hypotenuse, and it's what you get when you cut an equilateral triangle into two congruent triangles (along the perpendicular bisector).
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 480x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 480x415px
>>7986741
>>
I kept getting shat on in trig until someone helped me to visualize the trig circle
>>
>>7986662
are you approximately a maths whiz?
>>
>>7986662
The worst part will be memorizing identities. Just remember sin^2+cos^2=1
And study the unit circle.
>>
>>7986741
wow the sin/cos of the special angles is actually quite helpful, thank you anon
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.