[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /sci/ Need your help here I'm gonna start sleeping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

Alright /sci/
Need your help here
I'm gonna start sleeping 6 hours a day because 24 doesnt give me enough time to do everything I have to

How badly will this fuck up my health?
No shitty /fit/-tier broscience please
>>
>>7973633
You want to crash in 4 days?
>>
>>7973633
It hurts me to tell you this but there are only 24 hours in a day
>>
I slept 6 hours or less nearly every day last semester
Dont be a bitch, just do it
>>
Honestly there are so many studies that contradict themselves when it comes to how much sleep you need that I couldn't tell for sure. I personally sleep around 6h30 a night (8-10 during the week-end) and I feel fine.
But if I go down to 6 for too many nights in a row my moral and productivity go down.
Just try sleeping 6h a night for a week or two and see how it goes.
>>
I personally seem to require 7 to 8 hours per sleep period for optimal functionality. However, my daily cycle is more like 25 hours, so my sleep period shifts over time. Pretty sure this isn't normal, but it has been working for me for many years now.
>>
>>7973633
>How badly will this fuck up my health?
If your body needs more rest then you'll just start getting tired in the middle of the day. It's impossible to not get enough rest assuming there is nothing arbitrarily keeping you up.
>>
>>7973633
You mean you actually sleep a full 8 hours every night ?

Wow, you sure have been wasting your time.
>>
I sleep 5 and a half/6 hours on weekdays and I'm fine, normally a bit longer on weekends though. The main issue is that waking up during a REM cycle can fuck you up for the rest of the day, so it may be helpful to get a sleep app on your phone to check when these times are for you and adjust your alarm accordingly.
>>
>>7973633
Literally nothing.

I survived in the Navy on 4 hours of sleep most nights. The body will adjust, trust me.
>>
Your body will adjust, but it is not good for your brain, heart, skin, etc. 6 hours isn't a bad amount of time, but I'd say minimum amount you should rest.

When I was in highschool I was very dependent on caffeine and would have weeks where I would only sleep about 10 hours with small naps throughout. Back then it didn't fuck me up like it does now though. Value your sleep and respect that you need it. Don't let your cells mutate and get cancer AIDS.
>>
>>7973946
>app
Any recommendations? To avoid having to wade through the inevitable mountain of scam apps that do nothing
>>
>>7974133
Just use the sleepyti.me site.
>>
More evidence of the need for sleep and the problems associated with lack of sleep coming out all the time. Don't do it.
>>
>>7973633
I sleep usually from 5h30m to 6h, 6h30m tops. This since years. I'm still alive but sleeping enough is the most important thing.
You have to test yourself and see if your body can get accustomed. Sooner you begin sooner the results will appear, but don't force yourself, you might taste the consequences in both mental sanity and motivation to do anything.
>>
>>7974023
>and would have weeks where I would only sleep about 10 hours with small naps throughout
>only
>>
Just do studies on yourself sleep isn't like other human functions where everyone is more or less the same there are some people with gene mutations that only need 4 hours of sleep etc. Sleep 6 hours and see what happens.
>>
>>7974380
>Elliot Rodger
What did he mean by this?
>>
As a working professional, I aim for 7.5 hours. Any less and I won't give a fuck about what I am doing the next day.
>>
>>7973643

I get about 6 hours sleep a night. That's my average sleep time. Why would be crash?
>>
File: image_4 (1).jpg (41KB, 662x413px) Image search: [Google]
image_4 (1).jpg
41KB, 662x413px
>>7974369

>only
>10 hours
>a week
>10/7=1h20m sleep a night with naps throughout the week

>not impressed

Do you even sleep, bro?
>>
Bad diet + little sleep will fuck you up. Eat more, take some multivitamins and 6hrs a night is no problem. 6hrs a night is what a lot of well adjusted people get without forcing themselves to do it.
>>
What happens if you sleep 4-5 hours but take a 15-20 minute nap during the afternoon?
>>
>>7973926
9 hours a day sloth reporting
>>
>>7973633
That about how much sleep I got every day while on deployment and that was with a lot of physical work during the day and I feel fine. From what I hear, sleep requirements differ from person to person. If you need to sleep, your body will make you do so with ease unless you have some sort of cognitive dysfunction going on. Sleep is meant to be good for you, not impair you. If you need more time awake, your body will eventually adjust.
>>
If you need time try the uberman cycle
>>
I like to sleep in seven 1 hour intervals with a few seconds between each hour for shutting off the alarm. Have you ever forgot to switch your alarm for a day you didn't have to wake up early and it feels so good to go back to sleep? It's the same feeling 7 times every day. The dreams are amazing as well. I lucid dream well doing this and it's quite realistic and easier to remember. I want to suck the professor's baby bottle because I'm so thirst right now and I like goat milk, hope she got some goat milk in there and I mean the fresh, organic flavored goat milk mmmmmh I just swallow gallons of that tasty nectar right up and slurp it down my throat and piss it out right out of my penis into the toilet then flushed down my DNA where the president waits to collect it to find out the I'm allergic to hay so he can know how to assassinate me when the time is right, you know.
>>
>>7973633
I tried 7 for about two weeks and during the second week of it I found myself irritable and quick to grow impatient, others commented on a changed in my demeanor telling me that I've been cranky, glum and just not as sharp as I was.

Went back to sleeping 8 hours and I felt better almost immediately and I even got a "glad to see you're feelings better".

So I guess it might vary somewhat from person to person, I'm apparently not one of those cool guys who can get by just fine on 7 hours or less.
>>
>>7977882
Ha ha ha ha ha
>>
>>7977897
holy shit are you me?
I'm the nicest person in the world, but lack of sleep will without exception make me a sour person
>>
>>7977915
I can't even imagine how much better my life would be with 8 hours. I slept for 8 hours a few weeks ago and the next day I just blazed the fuck through all my work and focused through 4 hours of lectures. It was weird. Now, I sleep 5-6 hours on weekdays and about 12 hours on weekends
>>
>>7973924
That's when you take a nap tho
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.