[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got this gyroball I've had since highschool that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: dynaflexgyroexerciser.jpg (38KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
dynaflexgyroexerciser.jpg
38KB, 620x413px
I've got this gyroball I've had since highschool that I used as physical therapy when I broke my arm.

I use it now and again when I'm thinking, and recently, I tried using it in a train car.

Usually, I just flick the ball with my thumb and spin it with my wrist, but this time I couldn't start it!

Why couldn't I start the ball? I believe it has to do with the conservation of angular momentum, but can the physicists of /sci/ explain it?

If i was in space, could I start the ball?
>>
Lel it's got nothing to do with angular momentum. These things wear out very easily. You need to open it and oil the small rod that holds the ball inside.
>>
>>7969189
I can start the ball now though. I just couldnt start it in a moving train car.
>>
you are autistic and couldnt do it with other people watching?
unless the train was riding curves faster than a rollercoaster it wouldnt matter
>>
>>7969189
Actually they work better with wear you should never oil it ever
>>
Had to google what the fuck that thing was. Found this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kr9dMUJhfI

Now I know what inspired the gay dude from Archer.
>>
>>7969214
huh? there were other people on the train. It's not like i was sitting in an empty train car. I dont have any qualms about doing it outside and people usually go "what's that?"

And I go oh it's an exercise, it works like a gyroscope.

Then they'll go "can i try it?"

then you let them try it and talk about why physics is cool
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.