[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does the logic gate for the bottom left part of a number

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1416.jpg (184KB, 2117x754px) Image search: [Google]
1416.jpg
184KB, 2117x754px
What does the logic gate for the bottom left part of a number look like (0-9)? I'm trying to teach myself this.
>>
File: 20097231618291[1].jpg (87KB, 858x690px) Image search: [Google]
20097231618291[1].jpg
87KB, 858x690px
>>7969040
What do you mean what does the logic gate look like? Have you any idea how things like clocks or stopwatches are implemented in digital circuits?

Look up binary coded decimal and 7-segment displays. Basically there will be a digital circuit that keeps track of the time in a four-digit binary coded decimal and then each one of those digits will be sent to a 7-segment display multiplexer.

Keep in mind that the gate configuration in pic related isn't nearly the entire thing nor is it the only way to do it.
>>
>>7969050
how does the circuit know when one second has passed ?
>>
>>7969050
>nor is it the only way to do it.
It looks silly, 8 inputs to control 11 digits
>>
>>7969055
That's the job of an independent timing circuit. There are a million ways to do that. Look up real time clocks or crystal oscillators.

What's in the image above is solely to control the output of the seven segments of a single digit of the clock. The image in OP would require four of those circuits I posted above, and again that's only for display. You'd need another timing circuit, a control circuit, and a binary coded decimal stepper.

>>7969056
Well by all means, come up with a more elegant solution and revolutionize the alarm clock and handheld stopwatch industries.
>>
>>7969068
Kek, sorry anon, I didn't mean to be rude.
>>
If you're aiming to do this just "as an exercise" let us know what kind of "inputs" we're getting and prepare to learn about karnaugh maps

Otherwise the answer is indeed "whatever your 7-seg display/driver/multiplexer/interface wants,"
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.