[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal for SSRI's, more specifically escitalopram,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 7.jpg (9KB, 160x214px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
9KB, 160x214px
Is it normal for SSRI's, more specifically escitalopram, to induce open eye visuals in the dark? Visual effects are almost on par with those of sedative/hypnotics like benzodiazepines. Any explanation as to how this could occur?
>>
I take escitalopram and have never experienced this or heard of this. As far as I know, SSRI's just inhibit reuptake of seratonin, which has nothing to do with sight.
>>
>>7969245
LSD and psilocybin produce visuals and also interact with serotonin, perhaps OP's neural pathways are configured in a manner which triggers the effects mentioned.
>>
>>7969254
>Anxiety, restlessness, fever, sweating, muscle spasms, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, /seeing/ or hearing things that are not there

Again as potent psychoactive drugs produce visuals primarily through interaction with serotonin, they can also cause a condition known as HPPD which causes a long term but incredibly mild hallucinogenic state in the effected, open eye visuals being one of the effects of HPPD and obviously escitalopram. I had HPPD and during the time I experienced it I had a massive intake of DHA Omega-3 which seemed to impact the open eye visuals significantly. I do suggest ceasing the use of the SSRIs, though, but safely so as they are really quite dangerous despite their approval by the medical circles.
>>
>>7969254
OP here. I have used the psychoactive drugs you've mentioned (among many others that interact with serotonin) in the past. Do you think it's possible that the use of these substances could be the cause? Perhaps my neural pathways have been altered by drug use in such a way that I experience this phenomenon with large reuptakes of serotonin.
>>
>>7969260
Thanks for the advice. Will have to consult with my doctor.
>>
>>7970521
OP, again. For clarity used escitalopram long before I started using other, illicit, psychoactive drugs and never experienced such a side effect.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.