[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the universe rotating? Cosmologists be all like the universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: fuccboi.jpg (283KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fuccboi.jpg
283KB, 1067x1600px
Is the universe rotating? Cosmologists be all like the universe is isotropic. This is dogma! So it can't be rotating. But every large scale structure in the universe rotates (planets, stars, solar systems, galaxies). So why am I supposed to believe that universe is not rotating? Could you design an experiment to measure the rotation of the universe?
>>
File: godel.jpg (116KB, 600x504px) Image search: [Google]
godel.jpg
116KB, 600x504px
in b4 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del_metric
>>
>>7968517
maybe dark energy is just centrifugal force at the universal scale.
>>
>>7968517
In principle the universe could rotate about its centre of mass, but its expanding too fast for that
>>
>>7969220
So it's expanding now, but what about a few billion years from now? What happens when the expansion ceases? Moderate contraction and then stasis?
>>
>>7969235
Depends on the average density of the universe, < 1 hydrogen atom per cubic metre = infinite expansion, everything flies further and further apart forever, >1 hydrogen atom means eventually it all flies back together and we get a new universal singularity. I forget what happens at exactly 1 per cube metre, but it doesnt matter because it isnt that value
>>
>>7969238
So how do you explain the origin of the universe as it stands? Did all the energy in the BB simply originate out of absolute zero and nothing to become everything we know or did it originated from a constant "oroboric" mechanism which expands and refocuses energy over imperceptible periods of time?
>>
>>7969243
No clue, it was all bundled up in a singularity, then for some reason it wasnt, and for some other reason it wasnt evenly distributed. I have literally no idea why any of this happened. Ghosts maybe?
>>
>>7969246
It's God maaaan!
I don't know myself if I didn't make that abundantly clear, but as a pragmatist I see only one option and that is the universe simply refolds on itself, in one way or another. Maybe modern physics is missing a crucial part in the understanding of the universe but it only makes sense that at some point it must re-compile itself.
>>
>>7969251
We are almost certainly missing several key parts of understanding, but for what its worth I tend to agree with you, a cyclic universe seems to have the least amount of inconsistency
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.