/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autodidact here, I have this inane habit of finding the course

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images-6.jpg (7KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
7KB, 209x241px
Autodidact here, I have this inane habit of finding the course books for courses at advanced colleges and studying them independently in my spare time.

Any one else here do the same?
What do you study?

Can anyone hook me up with some great course ware?
>>
>>7963990
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki//sci/_Wiki
>>
>>7963990
Geniuses are criminals for suggesting they are like everyone. People might actually believe that and waste their lives pursuing careers they have no chance on,
>>
>>7964029
Feynman was actually a nice guy by being a prick to his students, rubbing in their faces how their research was trivial and irrelevant.

Pure physics/maths is only for the greatest.
>>
I was under the impression the title of autodidact was reserved from people who rederive fields of science due to a complete lack of resources, not for people who learn from textbooks which is simply the written word of someone else. To say you are teaching yourself is quite an exaggeration.
>>
>>7963990
Me, my sister and my younger cousins did this.

Sis and I were labelled scientifically as geniuses and managed to learn physical sciences(undergrad level), dozen languages and then our chosen field of social science-because it felt challenging and fun-. We still need "certifications and connections" to publish on field journals though so we're going to get our PhDs soon(last year/1st year). I do sometimes help with other research as well, specifically neuroscience.

Cousins were forced to it by their parents because of our succeses. They were normal, with one barely around 120 IQ range. They failed badly. As it is now they struggle with everything, especially finding and holding a proper job as they don't have the knowledge nor any kind of worthwhile diploma. Had they stuck with the system they would have been succesful.

For recommendation:
Create a foundation through a standard textbook. For example Physik in einem Bund was looking so good I taught myself German to understand it. After getting a good foundation just read relevant papers on the subject.
>>
>>7964057
autodidact refers to the lack of formal training.

Reading a texbook by yourself is not formal training.
>>
>>7964093
>physical sciences genius
>chooses social science

coolstorybro.jgp
>>
>>7964099
Genius, yes.
Physical sciences genius? Don't know because haven't tried them past undergrad level, got bored. It was like playing a game after I realised I will win. Still it is a strech to assume that I would be considered a genius of the field with that level of knowledge.
Chooses social science, seemed more interesting and had a chance of failure attached due to unpredictability.

Also if it helps I was barely a teenager when I chose my focus so wasn't mature enough probably. You with your age might think differently than I did back then.
>>
>>7964029
Failure of a human being with no future prospects or intelligence detected.
>>
>>7964099
I can relate to this guy though. Anything that doesn't require strong, extensive math skills (history, biology, psychology, etc) I get instantly and am incredibly gifted at.

As such, I chose to go into engineering because it is much more fun to be challenged than it is be bored and coast through life.
>>
I study behavioral neuroscience, biochem, and genetics through MIT open courses. I switched my major to psychology (from accounting) and I already had the core requirements met for undergrad and I can't officially study behavioral neuroscience until post undergrad. The biochem and genetic courses aren't required for my undergrad, but I'm already interested in it and they are vital for behavioral neuroscience, so instead of paying to take them I just do MIT courses and read review articles from databases.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.