[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone willing to point me in the right direction on a puzzle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Anyone willing to point me in the right direction on a puzzle I'm working on?
>>
Its a geocaching puzzle that involves multiple ciphers, and I'm stuck at a clue that seems to point to a SPnetwork.
This is output from a checkerboard cipher-
ggsortkaorossonontcvtnoodntvattprcrspsp
>>
The next clue suggests squares or boxes, and the letters S,P

I'm solving for xx.xxx, yy,yyy- so I backed up a step, and divided the input to the checkerboard to get-GGRTORONCXONTUPRSP and
OSKAOSSONTBTODBATCRSP
there is a clue that deals with case sensitivity, so I've used a number base converter to input the letters as base64, but this SP network is over my head
>>
the next clue seems to suggest keeping your lines straight, so I've been leaning towards the Rijndael s-box as wiki describes it involves an affine transformation that I think would satisfy the "keep your lines straight" clue
>>
File: rijndael hex table.jpg (155KB, 673x508px) Image search: [Google]
rijndael hex table.jpg
155KB, 673x508px
The puzzle was made to be solved, so I don't think he went too crazy with the encryption.
I've spent some time with pencil and paper using the binary output from the base converter and a basic s-box, but also reading as much as I can find and ran into the Rijndael hex table: pic related
my question to someone with better eyes for this stuff- Am I looking in the right direction with the Rijndael idea?
But really, any advice/ideas are appreciated
>>
DES is so fucking easy, fuck off brainlet
>>
Eye see
>>
>>7963705
Thanks asshole-I'm trying to learn shit
>>
Fun fun
Quads
>>
Will someone explain why >>7963705 this polite gentleman is sure this is DES and not AES?
>>
File: 1417128772023.jpg (15KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1417128772023.jpg
15KB, 500x375px
Quadsz?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.