[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any truth to this? If I'm 18 can I improve my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1459118444351.jpg (79KB, 400x506px) Image search: [Google]
1459118444351.jpg
79KB, 400x506px
Is there any truth to this?

If I'm 18 can I improve my jaw by having my teeth rest together instead of overbiting, having my tongue along the roof of my mouth, and only breathing through my nose?

Keep in mind I have braces. Thanks smart guys
>>
>>7963321
I can't answer your question, but I object to that image. I used to be a mouth breather due to a deviated septum. After minor surgery to correct it, I can breathe through my nose (which feels amazing by the way, after it being 90% obstructed my entire life).

I bet a lot of mouth breathers just have varying degrees of deviated septum, and can't help it.
>>
>>7963321
OP you are literally just like me.
I'm 18 and i have braces, last 6 months i came to the conclusion i'm a mouth breather.
I have a crooked nose and a weird looking jaw and i (think) that i have a deviated septum due to the look of my nose but i don't really find troubles breathing trough my nose.
Can i improve my jaw/nose by doing what OP said ?
>>
File: 1451407717998.png (198KB, 719x520px) Image search: [Google]
1451407717998.png
198KB, 719x520px
>>7963321
>>7963453
>keep the tongue at the roof of your mouth, as if you were to say the letter N.
>Suck the air in.

Your jaw ~might~ change, as the skull doesn't stay stagnant throughout adulthood, but nothing significant. You should see some health benefits though.

Get some nasal strips to help you breathe at night.

t. 23 y/o with braces (pic related)
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (218KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
218KB, 1000x800px
>>7963453
here is a pic of my jaw, mouth and nose
>>
Are you getting this from the Mike mew guy

Anyway I'm almost 19 and have been following that whole tongue on roof of mouth teeth lips together breathe thru nose thing for ~a year. Results are very subtle but I'm a fan. I think it's not going to change your face too much but it is definitely going to take care of your face in the long run
>>
>>7963481
And I also had braces and used to breathe through my mouth. Got tonsils and adenoids out, my frenulum clipped, and herpst to push bottom jaw forward on top of braces as a kid.

P good shit. I was definitely a certified mouth breather w a huge ass overbite. Thank God it got a bit fixed. Now Mike mews stuff is going to be good for maintenance. I have noticed slight improvement over a year.

I would ask ortho for herpst and chew a lot of gum and follow mews advice if I were y'all
>>
>>7963476
>keep the tongue at the roof of your mouth, as if you were to say the letter N.
Do you mean at the very roof of my mouth or a bit next to my teeth ?

>Suck the air in.
Trough my nose right ?
>>
>>7963486
>Do you mean at the very roof of my mouth or a bit next to my teeth ?

A bit next to your teeth. Literally just say Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn out loud.

Then create vacuum in that position.
>>
Orthodontics might not work so well if you're mouth breathing. Definitely do try nose breathing exercises. Do you have a tongue thrust? Your orthodontist or dentist should have advised you on these things.

The problem with mouth breathing is that at rest, the tongue drops so it no longer sits behind the upper front teeth. The pressure of the tongue sitting behind the upper front teeth is part of what makes the upper jaw develop to its correct size. When it doesn't, it will tend to crowd the teeth in the lower jaw when in use. So you end up with upper and lower crowding.

OP, you said overbite, but do you know the difference between overjet and overbite? Overjet is your top front teeth sticking out too far over your lower front teeth. Normal is 2 to 4 or 5 mm depending on who you ask. Overbite is when your upper front teeth bite down too far onto the lower ones.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.