[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you solve your way out of Cube /sci/? Remember, no calculators,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: A70-9427.jpg (35KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
A70-9427.jpg
35KB, 400x580px
Can you solve your way out of Cube /sci/?

Remember, no calculators, pens, paper, etc.
>>
sure. just let the other people test the rooms :^)
>>
>>7962740
But what do you do when you run out of people?

I thought you liked math
>>
Cube is pure win, but science, it is not.
>>
can someone summarize this movie for me?
>>
>>7962755
basically Saw
>>
The original Henson film was good but this remake was Saw-tier
Still enjoyable I guess but nothing like the genius of Henson
>>
>>7962755
First film:

Different people wake up in giant isolated cube complex
Multiple cube rooms that make up a larger cube and many rooms are booby trapped.
A character finds that a passage through safe non-trapped rooms requires mathematics to get out because the numbers between each cube passage represents three-dimensional Cartesian co-ordinates.
>>
>>7962765
so like aliens or evil billionaires?
>>
>>7962758
You can actually survive if you sacrifice a body part. If you step into the wrong cube, you're fucked and you have no chance of survival.
>>
>>7962769
That's basically bruteforce though and ineffective. The escape artist tried that with the boots.
>>
File: 8-cell.gif (3MB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
8-cell.gif
3MB, 255x255px
>traps are not tagged by prime numbers, but by powers of prime numbers.

Too easy.
Try getting out of pic related
>>
>>7962768
Latter. The cubes in the originals were basically fancy prisons.
>>
I emailed the guy who came up with the math for the cube in the movie a couple years ago. He sent me the paper he wrote on how it works. It's pretty neat.
>>
>>7962777
Been done

>>7962732
>no calculators,
But the originals had a calculator, that autist.
>>
>>7962768
It's never said who is behind the cube. Originally, it WAS going to be aliens. In the movie, one of the guys in the cube helped build it.
>>
>>7962778
These film are remakes

The original is more like a dystopian comedy
>>
>>7962787

Didn't the movie say it was build because the government had to build something so why not a cube? or something to that effect. It's been a while since I have seen it.
>>
>>7962793
Nah it's never said if it is government, private, aliens, etc. All the characters put forth a hypothesis, though.
>>
>>7962796
I remember there being military people at the end of the second film though
>>
>>7962791
You're mistaken.
>>
>>7962806
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cube_(film)
>>
>>7962809
>Something has the same name
>That must mean they are related

>en.m.wikipedia
>>
>>7962815
Have you seen it?
>>
>>7962732
yeah, they just had to stay in the first room to get out.

did you even watch the movie, or am i thinking of the sequel or the prequel?
>>
>>7962817
I'd say the first movie was a thriller/horror movie. Sequel was more pop/sci horror film. Prequel (actually 3rd to be released) was a dystopian comedy or parody of the original movie.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.