[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in Calculus I and I still don't know anything about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1c0789dff.jpg (30KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1c0789dff.jpg
30KB, 320x240px
I'm in Calculus I and I still don't know anything about bases. Shouldn't I have learned them by now? Is there any hope for me in future math classes?
>>
>>7960855
bases of what?
>>
>>7960855
Nice samefag with >>7960860
>>
File: 1454457303401.png (54KB, 328x396px) Image search: [Google]
1454457303401.png
54KB, 328x396px
>>7960862
Not even me. I may be stupid but I know more than addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
>>
>>7960877
(You)
>>
Bases are literally a closer look at multiplication...

Base 2
A base is that value that the subsequent numbers base themselves on. Literally saying "place\count numbers on top of this one." So, in binary aka base 2, the number 3 is actually 11 bc the second one there based itself on the earlier count to 2.
The thing that makes it difficulty in moving between bases without having been taught the formal procedures.
i.e.
To count in binary you fill to the right of the base, on paper, and then place a 1 on the leftmost "base" to account for your current base. The thing is that these bases are already fairly standardized so you either learn it to the standard, (shitty memorized verbiage in America ) or you don't immediately realize that you are working with something you know, just in a different establishment.

In base 10, the "normal" numbers, the second base of base 10 starts with eleven. From then the following numbers and operations happen upon a base of 10 ones. Each base amounts to a larger base -the tens, hundreds, thousands, etc - and in turn show this concept of bases as they might appear in other bases.

1000 = base^3 in 10 is one thousand, in 2, it's eight.
>>
>>7962575
>The thing that makes it difficulty in moving between bases without having been taught the formal procedures

Lol fuck, I meant to say that the difficulty is found mostly in not having learned the formal procedures as they are applied in established fields like with binary.
There's also the many possible points of view on the matter. Adding 1 to a variable after every 2 count is literally multiplication but the established regiment has one learning to count in 2s and declaring your desired value to be a product of 2 and a #.
>>
>>7960855
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4KOFQ-bB4
>>
>>7962575
> log 2 (1000) = 8

No
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.