[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you get 2 ticks for a win during a winstreak, and a winstreak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: common core reasonableness.jpg (71KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
common core reasonableness.jpg
71KB, 550x550px
if you get 2 ticks for a win during a winstreak, and a winstreak constitutes having won 3 or more matches in a row, and you get 1 tick for breaking a losing streak which constitutes having lost 3 or more matches in a row, what's the average rate of progress for someone with a 50/50 win rate?

pic unrelated
>>
>>7959282
*and you get 1 extra tick for breaking a losing streak
and of course, a normal win gives a tick, and a loss loses a tick
>>
>>7959282
Does the third win in a row count as a "win during a winstreak"?
>>
File: 13861.jpg (95KB, 640x672px) Image search: [Google]
13861.jpg
95KB, 640x672px
>>7959282
America is being destroyed from within at the moment. You get what you'd reserve burgerniggers
>>
>>7959290

Assuming that the only points you get are for winstreaks and for breaking losestreaks, and assuming that the third win counts as a "win during a winstreak", then based on 1000 trials of one million plays each, you expect to get 0.1875 +- 0.0005 points per game.
>>
>>7959282
3/8 per game after the first 3
>>
>>7959282
Can you explain the solution to that problem? Im kinda new here
>>
>>7959299
Yes, that image is completely real and contrived at all, just like that one slideshow photo.
>>
>>7959282
I don't believe that pic is legit. No way would they state a fact in the problem and then be like, nope! It was a trick question! We lied before!
>>
File: anime1.jpg (76KB, 720x921px) Image search: [Google]
anime1.jpg
76KB, 720x921px
>>7959355
The solution is that for some reason, amerifats cannot into fractions.
>>
>>7959282
is common core really getting this bad?
>>
>>7959405
It was this bad from the start, really. The math stuff tries to turn basic fraction work into "Reasonableness" and "Determining Fairness" by introducing a bunch of semantic bullshit that has no place in math.
>>
>>7959312
how did you come up with this?
>>
>>7959405
>>7959410

Teacher here (well, college adjunct professor, but I read about all this stuff)

Common Core is actually a bunch of vague "guidelines". It isn't a lesson plan or anything.

The problem is that book publishers went nuts with it and that OUR PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS DO NOT FUNDAMENTALLY UNDERSTAND MATH, so they just blindly follow bullshit given to them by curriculum developers.
>>
>>7959367
>they
You mean the teacher was a retard and the kid was literally smarter than her.
>>
>>7959566

Is this because anyone who actually did understand math wouldn't be dumb enough to accept a public school salary?
>>
>>7959566
>a bunch of vague "guidelines"

I could have sworn it was more than that. All the sources I read said that Common Core is at heart a massive set of testing standards. Doing well on the Common Core tests is how public schools get a majority of their funding, so schools are kind of forced to base their curriculum around Common Core and teach the test if they want to get funded. The Common Core testing standards are really shitty and controlled by the federal government, so this means that the curriculum in public schools is also really shitty and controlled by the federal government.

Or maybe that's entirely wrong. It's so goddamn hard to find unbiased information about it. I'm just glad I got out of school before this shit hit.
>>
>>7959365
that slideshow photo is a photoshopped image

that is not a photoshopped image
>>
>>7959806
you know people get degrees specifically for becoming a teacher right?

>2016
>still believing the "math major any job I want 300k starting" meme
>>
>>7959885

Many people do not come into teaching because that is the career they want, but because it's the easy way out. If you're some washed up moron who made the poor decision of getting a liberal studies degree... just get a teaching certificate and you can teach in elementary schools.
>>
>>7959864

Not testing standards, more like "things that students should be able to do".

Here, check out this page:

http://www.corestandards.org/Math/Content/1/introduction/

All of this seems reasonable. all of this, you kind of knew or picked up with the old methods. It's just that people fucked everything up with asinine shit.

>>7959806
>>7959885
>>7960019

I would say that there are high school teachers who are genuinely good at math, but not elementary school teachers where it would actually matter more (in my opinion).
>>
>>7959392
no idiot. Marty's pizza was larger, it's that simple.
>>
File: TYpLJpOh.jpg%22.jpg (117KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
TYpLJpOh.jpg%22.jpg
117KB, 768x1024px
>>7959882
No shit, dumbass. That doesn't mean it's real.

I bet you thought this was real too?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.