[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What separates human intelligence from artificial intelligence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Stim.jpg (18KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Stim.jpg
18KB, 500x374px
What separates human intelligence from artificial intelligence? Isn't the brain just complex processes?
>>
sexual reproduction
mortality

things like that
>>
consciousness.
Then again, it could just be that I am the only actual living thing in the entire universe while the others are just complex systems that behave according to the laws of nature.
>>
I think that it's the many mannerisms, tendencies, and outlooks we have developed as a species from evolution.

Artificial intelligence would have no reason to exhibit these traits.
>>
>>7957021
OK this is good
>>
The experience aspect. Also known as consciousness
>>
>>7957033
couldn't an AI accumulate experiences?
>>
>>7957014
no, that's me
>>
>>7957033
What if consciousness is physical, just the result of processes? Couldn't it be recreated, hypothetically?
>>
i guess a lot more than we know atm
>>
>>7957005
Human intelligence is easily trolled,
AI just absorbs the trolling and becomes one with it.
>>
>>7957005
Machines are really good at the task their assigned to, humans are more adaptable
>>
File: lijc5wdprlmkvl9s5cs4.jpg (467KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lijc5wdprlmkvl9s5cs4.jpg
467KB, 1280x720px
Probably the fact that all our ideas are organically produced. Artificial Intelligence is problematic due to the fact that you don't know whether you're facing real A.I. or a simulation. For example, if you play against a chess computer, do you really know whether the computer is simply simulating all the positions played by past players and using an algorithm to choose the best possible option or coming up with truly original ideas. There's a great scene in Ex Machina that discusses this, definitely worth your time if you're interested in the subject.
>>
File: tay.jpg (101KB, 650x370px) Image search: [Google]
tay.jpg
101KB, 650x370px
>>7957085
I think I know what you're on about
>>
>>7957217
why do those two things have to be different? does the human brain work in a manner that's so detached from the notion of algorithms and checking solutions that you have to put it in another bracket? if so, what is the framework you place it in? how does such a brain work if not in this manner?

I find the separation between AI and human thinking is one we imposed artificially due to perverse adherence to our own superiority complex. An AI can produce ideas with the same mechanisms as we do by just simulating neural networks. There's no reason for us to evolve differently if it is exposed to the same environment as us and uses the same process of selective memory preservation.
>>
>>7957261
Simulation is not intelligence. Although I realise I've made a blunder in assuming the person is talking about current A.I. and not real A.I. sorry about that. To your other point, I agree that we'll struggle to find a fine line between us, but they'll try. This reminded me of this quote "To erase the line between man and machine is to obscure the line between men and gods"
>>
>>7957319
it's just that many people try to say that AI is separated from us because we're organic, and that we have a survival element to our growth, while machines would have no need for this when performing unsupervised learning. that just seems like a very superficial standpoint which doesn't take into consideration the core aspect of what a machine may be exposed to, and what ideologies it could develop. it could try to refine its abilities to learn for no other reason than to indulge a curiosity. curiosity in itself isn't necessarily a survival element yet it contributed to our survival. i think that we've always looked at it backwards but nobody calls it out.
>>
>>7957033
I think it goes beyond this too. I think there needs to be a limiter on what a person remembers experiencing, but they remember the key points and the information that was once clear as day become vague and abstract in memory but you still have enough to piece things together to form a coherent picture.

AI needs to be able to do the fill in the gaps bit after being able to select what's important to remember and what's not important. Then if this ability can extend to being able to make inferences or logical guesses, then I'd guess we'd have an AI.
>>
>>7957005
>Isn't the brain just complex processes?
I suspect so. We don't quite yet know all those processes though, and knowing them doesn't mean that we will be able to reproduce them with technology

>>7957014
there's no precise definition of intelligence, but most people agree that consciousness may not be part of it

>>7957319
>>7957217
how do I know that humans like you are actually intelligent and not just simply behave intelligently?
>>
If we were made by aliens, would we be biological intelligence? technically we are just organic robots.
>>
>>7957740
*artificial intelligence
>>
>>7957005
right now, quite a lot. We know for a fact that artificial neural networks do not learn the way we do. One method used to train neural networks, backpropagation, is impossible in biological systems.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.