[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey. I'm looking for an inexpensive process to synthesize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: thm_phpkhtsSl.jpg (27KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
thm_phpkhtsSl.jpg
27KB, 400x534px
Hey. I'm looking for an inexpensive process to synthesize a sturdy material from bacteria, plants or fungi.

What species do I need? How do I extract the compound from the rest of the organic matter? Does the compound need to be heated or treated in any way?
>>
Materials scientist here. What the fuck is "sturdy". Bacteria don't just shit out metals, ceramics, glasses, etc.
>>
Also, why are you insisting on using bacteria? That has to be the worst way I've ever heard for producing materials with good mechanical properties.
>>
>>7953722
i was trying to get a compound first. and then treat that compound with a heating process or something. i was hoping that would make it sturdy.

i'm just looking for something as strong as balso-wood or less strong
>>
>>7953722
>implying cell walls don't have good mechanical properties
>>
>>7953733
Good luck with that.
>>
>>7953746

They don't.
>>
>>7953691
>sturdy material
>from plants

use some fucking wood you goddamn mong

jesus christ i hope this is a bait thread, or you are beyond fucking stupid OP
>>
>>7953733
>as strong as balsa wood
>or less strong

so basically ....anything? and you want it to be some kind of complicated extraction/finishing process instead of just using, say, balsa wood, which is incredibly cheap and plentiful?

HURRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>7953787
This
I was surprised I had to scroll this far down
>>
>>7953787
lol. you obviously don't understand that i need to synthesize this shit to a custom form dumbass... and i need to be able to use the process of mixing chemicals instead of a mechnically intensive process to fashion the material.
>>
>>7953808
the thing is,
it needs to fit inside a much larger process. that process does NOT agree with harvesting raw materials from whereever balsa wood comes from
>>
>>7954008
Wood comes from trees.
>>
>>7953691
Wood/10 good bait
Also
>biomass > methane > ethane > ethylene > polyethylene
GG
>>
>>7954008
I assume you're looking for a "green" process and thus can't kill a tree

This is stupid
Trees are farmable so do it
There is literally not reason to not use wood
>>
>>7954520
the reason I can't use wood is because I'd need to naturally grow a hard substance to cut it.

I'm trying to workout robots that build themselves
>>
>>7954520
obviously I have to kill something if i want to extract something from organic matter.
>>
>>7955842
wooden robot is fine.

If you were hell bend on this stupid growing stuff shit, you could use fungi to farm chitin, and figure out how to use the chitin to make structures. Another thjng you could try is get something to synthesize collagen and use it to make matrixes with high tensile strength, not jello.
>>
>>7955853
THIS GUY GETS IT

IF the robot were to be wooden it would have to be able to grow the wood into specific shapes. I just don't see that happening
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.