[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any ausfags have experience with the Advanced Maths/Science program

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: syduni.jpg (36KB, 300x141px) Image search: [Google]
syduni.jpg
36KB, 300x141px
Any ausfags have experience with the Advanced Maths/Science program here or at UNSW? Share your thoughts
>>
>>7953262
How does one get into medical school in UoS
>>
>>7953297
From what I understand you need to score a 99.95, ace the UMAT and kill your interviews and only then will they consider you. Lowest I've heard of being accepted was a kid getting 99.90.

Of course you can always transfer after a 4 year bachelor's degree by scoring well on the GAMSAT.
>>
>>7953298
How about perfect A levels
>>
>>7953312

Foreigners can basically get in automatically as long as they have decent test scores and can pass an english test (or pay someone to pass it if you're chinese)

This is because in Australia, foreigners have to pay up to 10 times the tuition fees as locals
>>
>>7953350
Yeah they specifically reserve a large number of spots for international students for this reason.
>>
I don't know why everybody is busting their balls trying to squeeze through the tiny front door, when the back door is wide open.

protip: apply for an arts degree, take the exact same courses that you'd take in advanced maths/science, apply for internal transfer after a year.

If you have credit or above results you're basically guaranteed to be let in.
>>
>>7953384
I'm good enough to get in the question is whether it's the best place to go.
>>
>>7953391
UNSW for engineering, Sydney U for everything else.

Not that it matters. If you're not doing something AI related, probably your job will be replaced with a robot in a decade or so anyway.
>>
>>7953405
how do robots replace mathematicians? sorry but it doesn't make sense to me
>>
>>7953414
The computer """scientists""" code the high level mathematics they've never studied, duh :^)
>>
>>7953262
>post's about UNSW. Uploads Sydney University logo
>>
>>7953423
>here or at UNSW
reading comprehension out of 10
>>
>>7953405
Syd Uni does well in Physics, Chem at UNSW is better imo and extremely strong in mathematics. And robots will not replace mathematicians in recent time my friend
>>
>>7953262
I think UoS is Australias third best university after Melbourne and ANU.

I've heard the physics program there is awesome.

Dude, they don't do tutorials for first, and second year at Monash. Third year and honours is alright.

Had to scrape a physics major for a math major; enjoying that more because you can keep learning new maths whilst physics stops at Calculus of several variables and advanced Differential equations; which most of us would've done later in first year or early second year.

Why not try ANU first then UoS?
>>
>>7953297
Med at USyd is postgrad only...
Do med sci first if you insist on USyd Med
>>
>>7953262
Graduated from USyd with honours between the years of 2002 to 2006 and then continued to do a PhD with the School of Physics from 2007 to 2010...

There is very little difference between the advanced course and normal course. The lectures should cover then same content as should the tutorials and labs. In first year, the tutorials and labs may also be mixed (between the normal streams and advance streams). The main difference will be your peers when you do group work and the assessments (exams, asignments, etc)... To the best of my memory, third year students from both streams were permitted to do "special projects" rather than labs (half a year of essentially an honours project).

That said,out of the ~20 students who continued to do an honours year, only two of them came from the normal stream.
>>
>>7953262
Only good univ for math in austria is ETH Zürich
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.