[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is maths the better physics? Can the entirety of physics be explained

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
Is maths the better physics?
Can the entirety of physics be explained through mathematics?
>>
fuck this guy and his dumb shit face
>>
physics is basically using math to describe the world
>>
>empirical science
I don't know m8
>>
File: photo.jpg (60KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
60KB, 900x900px
>>7947588
>he doesnt think that the universe can be explained by the number 5
>he doesnt want to taste james grimes sweat

Why go on /sci/ if youre not convinced by the power of mathematics?
>>
This guy has a shiny face.
>>
>>7947585

I met this guy when he came to Australia

his gf is hot as fuck
>>
>>7947610
This ťbh
>>
File: 23f.png (156KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
23f.png
156KB, 500x272px
>physicists will understand algebraic topology, bifurcation theory, differential geometry, convexity, spectral theory, nonstandard analysis, tensors, stochastic PDEs, Catastrophe Theory, 4-Manifolds, Large Cardinals, and Representation Theory.
>mathfags will never understand crystallography, solid state/condensed matter, quantum mechanics, phase spaces, chemical vapor deposition, induction heating, electronic structure theory, neuromorphic Memristors, lattice gauge theory, plasma physics, ion assisted film growth, solitons, acoustic metamaterials and phonon crystals, stokes theorem, QFT of many body systems, and fluid mechanics

you can't make this shit up
>>
>>7949478
Unless, of course, you fucking study those things.
>>
>>7949478
>stokes theorem
I don't know about the rest but I definitely disagree with this.
>>
>>7949478
>quantum mechanics
What is linear algebra and Hermitian operators. You dumb cunt. We made that fucking field.

Math will work autonomously without physics or any other field, whereas physics is dependent on math.
>>
>>7949504
>We made that feild

no you didn't. comparing QM to linear algebra and hermitian operators is like comparing Grey's Anatomy to your shitty doodle of a penis. it didn't even scratch the surface until physicists like Max Planck came around and slathered your burnt steak in his intellectual ketchup to save it.
>>
>>7949509
You need Hermitian operators to model uncertainty. Are you new? Undergrad?
>>
>>7949478
What the hell kind of mathematician doesn't know Stokes' Theorem?
>>
File: bear.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
bear.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>>7949504
>We made that fucking field.
>We
>Mfw some retarded undergrad tries to claim credit for the accomplishments of some of the brightest minds in the 20th century, all on a Tibetan loom weaving board
>>
>>7949515
>You need Hermitian operators to model uncertainty.

false. you don't NEED it per se, and you can't prove such.
>>
>>7949504
>We

WE WUZ QUANTUMZ N SHIT
>>
>>7949504
Mathematics is a language, not a science.
"You" are as responsible for Quantum Mechanics as the man who made the hammer and nails is responsible a wooden cabin.
>>
>>7949509
>comparing Grey's Anatomy
>Grey's Anatomy
>Grey
Tell me more about how you read the most prestigeous book about anatomy and didn't waste your time with shitty TV shows.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.