[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /sci/, what's the science behind manufacturing/processing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: hemp2-696x388.jpg (115KB, 696x388px) Image search: [Google]
hemp2-696x388.jpg
115KB, 696x388px
Hey /sci/, what's the science behind manufacturing/processing hemp? Is it plausible that it could replace oil in certain sections of industry for product manufacturing?
I'm trying to find numbers and date on what it takes but all I can ever find for links is crap like collective evolution.
>>
>>7947255
dude weed lmao
>>
>>7947470
Ayy lmao
>>
>>7947255

420blzitfgt

ofc hemp would be able to replace many other plants because of its utility but that's why it was banned in the first place :/
>>
>>7947489
Yea but what's the numbers compared to oil? How much hemp would we need to make to phase out some oil production for producing products, how much water is needed, is it feasable, is it cheaper, etc
>>
What a neat idea. A diesel would motor past and everyone would get a hit.. Entire planet perma-stoned.
>>
>>7947526

Well from what I`ve heard there are or it is possible to breed bacteria that would eat plant matter and convert it into some sort of fuel. Now the reason hemp would be very good for this process is that it grows like crazy and produces vast amount of biomass / acres even when compared to forests. Also you it has other uses as well like you could make fabrics and stuff and theres that too. But I have to admit I`m quite uneducated on this
>>
>>7947606
I'm wondering if anyone else on /sci/ knows much about it
>>
>>7947526
It's called weed for a reason, it grows like crazy just about anywhere. Ask any farmer in the midwest and they'll tell you it's just growing in ditches on the side of the road. There aren't too many numbers to throw out because it has been historically very difficult to get approval to study marijuana, but if there are many companies lobbying against it there is probably a good reason.

There was an article I read linked legislators who opposed legalization of the cultivation of industrial hemp (which don't even produce enough THC for recreational purposes) to campaign donations from companies that would face competition from industrial hemp.
>>
>>7947797
Got a link to that article breh?
>>
>>7947805
I would have but I am having trouble finding it.
>>
>dude hemp is the solution to all our problems 420blazeit

Go to bed stupid hippie.
>>
>>7948267
>hemp
>weed
Dude stop lmao
>>
>>7947797
I live in iowa. Have lived in iowa for most of my life. Please point out this wild, abundant pot.
>>
>>7947778
Fairly easy to grow, widespread in Indian Subcontinent.
Bast fibres are removed from the stalk of the plant and used to make textiles, it's easier to grow than cotton, requires less labour, less pesticides and is fairly disease resistant. Only Kentucky grows hemp, most of it being used for pilot programs thanks to Uc Kentucky.
It's fairly widespread world wide.
On top of that, it has an extremely low THC/Cannabinoid profile which eliminates problems brought up by DEA etc.

Links: http://www.naihc.org/hemp_information/hemp_facts.html

http://www.naihc.org/industrial-hemp-research-index/292-from-petro-to-agro-seeds-of-a-new-economy

http://naihc.org/IndustrialFibers.html

http://www.agr.gc.ca/eng/industry-markets-and-trade/statistics-and-market-information/by-product-sector/crops/pulses-and-special-crops-canadian-industry/industrial-hemp/?id=1174595656066
>>
>>7947255

Why don't they GMO hemp to remove the shit that gets you high

Then grow it?
>>
>>7948728
THC is a secondary metabolite. But nowadays, pesticides to do the same thing anyway.
>>
>>7947797
It's technically not a weed, tho.
>>
>>7948728
>>7948702
Read
fuck sake, people here just skim read the whole thread.
It's selectively bred to have a low cannabinoid profile.
The complete opposite principle of breeding of high potency weed.
>>
>>7947255

It has a lot of useful applications. There is just one problem. China grows shit loads of it. Try competing against that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.