[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be sick for the second time in 2 months and 6th or so in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: pepe_aklsjdfh389.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_aklsjdfh389.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
>be sick for the second time in 2 months and 6th or so in the past few months
>doc says "lol k" "ain nuthin"
>start getting better after a week
>decide to take antibiotics to finish off the recurring infection
>feeling worse

Why isn't it standard to immediately test for all bacterial strains that cause infection?
This wouldn't happened if I knew the exact strain.
>>
File: 1458214872427.jpg (104KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
1458214872427.jpg
104KB, 500x415px
>>7944753

Dumb frogposter
>>
>>7944755
what's dump about my post, you stupid bearposter?
>>
>>7944753
>Why isn't it standard to immediately test for all bacterial strains that cause infection?
There are extremely many reasons. The most pressing ones are that it would literally take years to test, that there is no guarantee that compound x from the bacterial strain that they are checking for is in the particular blood sample they're using, and that there will be a lot of false positives and negatives.

Deciding for yourself that you'll start on antibiotics is detrimental to yourself most of the time, and detrimental to society 100 % of the time.

Depending on the strain of bacteria, some antibiotics will work whereas others won't. It is not unusual that antibiotic x kills benign bacteria that are useful to you while the antibiotic has no effect against whatever's causing the inflammatory response (IR), resulting in the bacteria causing the IR displacing the benign bacteria and thus you've just made it harder for your immune system to tackle this shit.

Also, judging from the extremely limited information you provide in your post, statistically it's more likely that you're infected with one or more viruses than one or more bacterial strains.

Just do the world a favor and finish the antibiotic treatment independently of how you feel. That means you keep taking it even if you stay sick or think you are cured.
>>
>>7944781
>Just do the world a favor and finish the antibiotic treatment independently of how you feel. That means you keep taking it even if you stay sick or think you are cured.

this should be sticked everywhere and ever forever for all sempiternity, fucking stupid ppl
>>
>>7944781
>Just do the world a favor and finish the antibiotic treatment independently of how you feel. That means you keep taking it even if you stay sick or think you are cured.

I want this meme to die.

>stop taking antibiotics too early
>bacterial population is mixed Resistant and Non-resistant bacteria
>if the disease flares up again or is transmitted, there's a fair chance that the resistant bacteria will be a minority.

>take antibiotics for the prescribed time
>practically all Non-Resistant bacteria are dead
>any further flair-ups or trasmission is guaranteed to be almost 100% resistant bacteria
>bonus ruined gut flora

Thanks but no thanks. You can blame your next superbug on me :^)
>>
>>7944753
>taking antibiotics without the doctor's advice
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>7944753
Dependent of the antibiotics. Most lose efficacy after a while and will only affect your gut flora, making you feel like shit. Some may break down and, depending on your dosage, hurt your kidneys.
>>
>>7945026
>gut flora
Fuck off back to /x/, stupid vegan hippie, how the fuck can you believe this shit, show me the proof, where's the evidence, this isn't science, goddam budhist faggots.
>>
>i'm smarter than the doctor lol

No, you're not.
>>
>>7944753
>Why isn't it standard to immediately test for all bacterial strains that cause infection?

Well most infections don't warrant anything more than bed rest and to stay hydrated, at worst, so given that consider the amount of time that testing all those people for all those separate possible infections. And what would be gained from it? You wouldn't be issued with antibiotics, at least you shouldn't be. So:
>Its a waste of time
>Its a waste of money
>It pushes people who actually need it down the waiting list, or alternatively, youll be so far down the list your infection would have cleared up long before you've been tested.
>After all of that you wouldn't be issued anything

So yeah, as someone else said, stupid frogposter. Also stop taking antibiotics for trival infections that you're immune system can handle. Dumb fucking frogposter.
>>
>>7945137
>doctor is smart may may

Look, I am a doctoral student in pure mathematics, don't tell me some faggot with an applied anatomy degree rivals my intellect.
>>
>>7945264
>doctoral student in pure mathematics

Not sure if I've ever seen such extreme autism before.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.