[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give it to me straight, do nootropics have any worth? I hear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1458348839012.png (77KB, 542x535px) Image search: [Google]
1458348839012.png
77KB, 542x535px
Give it to me straight, do nootropics have any worth? I hear more about them all the time. I've heard of adderall which helps your attention span, but I don't want that one. I've heard of theanine that lessens social anxiety and when I searched for it I found out there were tonnes more, including ones that supposedly increase brainpower.

We all know winners do drugs lads. Ok, an even better justification is that we already eat tonnes of artificial shit in our food so surely nootropics isn't some freak category?

What do you recommend? Though I live in the UK so I can't even get adderall.
>>
>>7944719
modafinil
>>
>>7944767
modafinil is bad bro. its gor a crash like mdmas, just makes you feel like shit for hours
>>
File: Antisocial.png (157KB, 672x373px) Image search: [Google]
Antisocial.png
157KB, 672x373px
>I've heard of theanine that lessens social anxiety
>>
>>7944719
I've tried a lot of them. The only one worth your money -- if you can't get a script for adderall or vyvanse -- is phenylpiracetam (avoid piracetam, even though it's the same compound, the phenyl group aids absorption and you take a much smaller dose). Stack it with a choline source of some kind, and enjoy. Tolerance does build quickly with respect to the focused-high you get from it, but the memory gains are pretty sweet -- placebo or not. Try not to take it more than once or twice a week.

You can order it from a swath of different websites. Liftmode is where I've gotten it from in the past, not sure if they ship to the UK though.
>>
>>7944767
I thought modafinil just gave you an energy boost like a much stronger coop of coffee, and was not actually a nootropic. I did not feel any difference in my attention span when I used it.

>>7944770
The point of it is that it does not have a crash effect. You're probably doing too high a dose.
>>
>>7945720
>coop
I don't know how that happened.
>>
>>7944719
phenibut has cured my social anxiety, but tolerance builds fast. I only use it a couple times a week when I'm doing something social.
>>
>>7944770
>>7944767
the meta study on modafinil actually reports very few benefits ( attentional )

That's it. Mild creative bonus +/-; mild short term memory +/- ( more - )

>>7944806
threonine is alright

>>7944814
this is decent advise but honestly the choline addition and cycling has put me off it

Start here:Start here:Start here:Start here:Start here:Start here:Start here:Start here:Start here:Start here:
http://slatestarcodex.com/2016/03/01/2016-nootropics-survey-results/
http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/cannon20160223

Look at trial data yourself BEFORE YOU TRY IT. Have some respect for yourself.
>>
Modafinil keeps you from going to sleep. It does nothing for attention (and trust, pharmaceutical companies desperately wanted it to), and won't actually prevent you from feeling fatigued. All it does is let you operate at a baseline level for and extended period of time without needing sleep. A thoroughly shit drug.

Honestly OP, just get some stimulants. They're incredibly safe so long as you aren't hardcore tweaking on them and they truly, actually work. Amphetamines (Adderall, Dexedrine, Vyvanse, or even Desoxyn if you can manage to find that) and methylphenidate (Ritalin, Focalin, Concerta) are both great and I've tried/been prescribed all of them besides Desoxyn.
>>
>>7944767
Modafinil ain't no nootropic. I took piracetam for probably about 10 years though pretty regularly. Not bad stuff, really un-druglike, but it started getting weird a few years ago so I quit.
>>
So what do you guys think of noopept? Is the hype real?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.