[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long would it take for you to bleed out after shooting yourself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

How long would it take for you to bleed out after shooting yourself in the brain?
>>
5 lightyears
>>
[eqn]- \frac{1}{12}[/eqn]
>>
however long it takes till the next 4:20
>>
>>7940955
>>
>>7940955
'bout tree fiddy
>>
>>7940955
Bleeding out is kinda a moot point since you are already dead. But the brain's got a shitload of vessels and shit so it can bleed ridiculously fast.
>>
>>7941025
Thanks.

I'm going to shoot myself in the head soon, and I'm just trying to find out anything I can. I'm going to aim for the medula, although I'm a little unsure about what'll happen if I miss the medula?
>>
>>7941048
Ask /k/
>>
>>7941025
Nope. You have a good chance of surviving being shot in the head. Particularly shooting yourself, as the usual presumption of aiming at just behind the temple gives an upward angle to the barrel of a pistol. Combine that with a low muzzle velocity and smaller caliber like a .38 means you can cut a fairly neat route through some non-essential tissue. You might lose some motor and sensory function and one or two other neurological oddities but you can survive.

Bleeding depends on if you hit anything major. The brain does have a good blood supply though.

If you spell medulla wrong you'll never hit it. And anyway, killing yourself is for jerks.
>>
>>7941108
Well, even if I were to hit another spot than the medulla, would I feel any pain or pass out?
>>
>>7941108
Now that I think about it the brain is a very durable organ
>>
>>7940989
Underrated post
>>
>>7940955
Do the experiment faggot
>>
>>7940955
You should really seek help first.

I suggest the following strategy to prevent impulsive decisions in a fit of suicidal depression: set a date one year in the future and kill yourself then only if you want to kill yourself at every point during that year. Meanwhile, during that year, you should be seeking help, including both therapy and antidepressants.

That said, as others said, shooting yourself with a gun can be unreliable. You may survive for hours, or even indefinitely if someone finds you and gets you medical help. And that's going to be a bad time.

Take my advice above.
>>
>>7940955

Why not jump off the bridge?

You can't really fuck that up
>>
>>7941158
Very durrable.
So durable it has an entire half inch casing around it.

>>7942010
Except there are cases where you do and end up in a hospital as a quadrapalegic.

Getting hit by a train is garunteed.
If you wanted honor, you could try Sepuku or what Japanese women did and stick a knife down your throat into the carotid. If you try to breath though you drown on blood though which isn't pleasant.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.