[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i was looking at the red bull jump and noticed that the earth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: red-bull-stratos-jump-14.jpg (57KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
red-bull-stratos-jump-14.jpg
57KB, 660x371px
i was looking at the red bull jump and noticed that the earth looks too curved from the height of a helium ballon launch. Mathmatically that would make the earth much smaller. Or is it the camera?
There are other videos of the horizon being at eye level.
>>
>what is a fisheye lens
>>
Look at the fucking pod it's obviously fish eye lens
>>
>>7937727
>>7937730
why would they use fisheye lens? is this for all space videos?
>>
>>7937721
The thing he's jumping off also looks too curved! !!!!!
>>
>>7937730
To capture more image to fit in a limited space.
They could invent a wider lense to capture more of the horizon but not everyone's monitors could handle that aspect ratio
>>
>>7937774
so when people say they seen the curvature of the earth its pretty much bullshit or ignorance.

its impossible to see the curvature of the earth even for helium balloon height.
>>
>>7937782
You can actually see it reasonably clearly from a regular airplane. Nowhere near as blatant as this picture, mind you, but definitely distinguishable.
>>
>>7937792
i dont know. ive been on planes alot of times and never seen it at commercial altitude height.

even this shows how the horizon never drops and is flat.

consider that if you assume the earths curvature is on your z axis, then the x axis should have considerable curvature based on that your z axis perspective is shorter than your x axis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAhaIDNVyC0
>>
>>7937804
Well, I have. It depends on the weather though, you need clear vision and a reasonably cloudless horizon to see it -- if the horizon is cloudy, the fuzziness of earth's outline makes it much harder to see the curvature.
>>
fail pic, earth is flat...
>>
>>7939595
I dunno mate, I'm putting my hand on the picture right now and it feels pretty flat to me.
>>
>>7937721
The pic was taken from the iss obviously.
>>
>>7937804
>even this shows how the horizon never drops and is flat.
Did you measure it to see how much it drops? Also, you can see by the bar the bobblehead is resting on curving away from the viewer that they used a macro lens, which essentially has the opposite effect of a fisheye lens. This type of lens is used for filming small objects close to the lens, like the bobblehead.
>>
>ITT: flat-earther baits idiots into flat earth argument
>>
>people trying to debate flat earthers with "yeah you can see the curvature from a plane"
no you fucking can't. your eyes aren't capable of direct depth perception farther out than 20 feet, and any difference in height will be subtle enough that you won't even perceive it

stop using shitty arguments against the flat earth people
>>
>>7937732

Because it looks awesome?
>>
>>7937721

It's clearly a fish eye lens, you complete autist.

What is more likely, that the earth is more curved than we actually believe (and you happen to be the genius to discover this) and all the smartest scientists are wrong. Or... it's a fish eye lens?

Come on mate, use your brain.
>>
>thinly veiled flat earth thread
>>
>>7940726
LOL did you just make that up? Take a beach ball, put it 40 feet away from you, and tell me it's flat.
>>
>>7940762
notice i said "direct depth perception"

anything further than that and your brain relies on implicit cues like objects moving past each other and shadows to infer depth

when you're looking through thousands of feet of air at ground that might have variation of a couple feet over your entire field of view, you're not going to be able to discern depth to the terrain enough to see curvature of the earth
>>
>>7940786
How is depth perception relevant?
>>
>>7940838
because it's necessary to discern curvature.
>>
>>7940845
Then how come I can tell that a circle drawn on a flat piece of paper is round?
>>
>>7937732
wasn't it a gopro
>>
>>7940786
100% bullshit
>>
>>7940845
Wrong
>>
>>7940853
seeing the curvature of the earth is not the same thing as seeing the curved horizon.

seeing the curved horizon is consistent with both the flat earth and the ball earth models and thus provides no useful evidence for deciding between the models

a curved, finite disc would also have a curved horizon
>>
>>7937721
Pretty much every camera in space has fucking balls out ridiculous lens curvature that bends space and time itself. So much so that the earth will appear concave.

Take a look at this. This happens on nearly every space video I can find.
>>
>>7937804
When the camera sway up above the horizon the Earth becomes concave in the video.
>>
>>7940917

I'm not saying it is aliens, but it is aliens.
>>
File: 1453220836127.png (473KB, 650x811px) Image search: [Google]
1453220836127.png
473KB, 650x811px
>>7940845
>>7940786
>>7940885
wat
>>
File: fisheye vs rectilinear.jpg (53KB, 502x221px) Image search: [Google]
fisheye vs rectilinear.jpg
53KB, 502x221px
>>7937732
>why would they use fisheye lens?
They need a wide field of view in order to capture the entire capsule in view with such a short camera boom.

With such wide FoVs, fisheye is common - not only because it's easier to manufacture spherical-grind lenses that produce it, but also because a degree of deliberate barreling distortion can actually REDUCE the apparent distortion caused by FoV compression. Pic related - notice how the "undistorted" rectilinear image on the left appears pinched towards the center of the frame, while the fisheye image on the right does not. If you were to expand the image (or observe it closely) enough such that it actually filled the appropriate FoV, then the left image would appear completely undistorted, but in practice, a display (be it a rectangular portion of your computer screen, a TV screen in your living room viewed from your couch, or a picture frame hanging on the wall) only fills a fairly small portion of your FoV (say, 10-50 degrees) and so true wide-angle pictures (>90 degrees) are virtually never displayed at or near their true FoV.
>>
File: flat-earth-is-flat.jpg (254KB, 1600x806px) Image search: [Google]
flat-earth-is-flat.jpg
254KB, 1600x806px
>>7937732

because the earth is flat, proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMjeCwb7cRY
>>
>>7937721
>Or is it the camera?
It's always the camera. Gravity is a camera.
>>
File: flat-earth-horizon-flat.jpg (113KB, 950x783px) Image search: [Google]
flat-earth-horizon-flat.jpg
113KB, 950x783px
>>7942304

also gravity isn't real, if you drop a pen from your hand to the floor its not because of gravity, its because of density, the molecules, atoms. and matter that makes up the pen as a whole is heavier than the air around it and thus falls to the floor, nothing floats in space, nasa has been lying to the entire world this whole time

if you fill a balloon with helium its lighter than air so it floats

water doesnt curve around the earth on a globe ball earth, theres no hundred mile high hump in the middle of the ocean on a ball earth, your all being lied to about everything

look into the flat earth, avoid all retards who try and say flat earth proves god and jesus, theres a lot of them, just get the facts and truth and ignore all religious agendas and get educated on the real world you really live on
>>
>>7942318
>the pen as a whole is heavier
Then why does it have a common trajectory?
>>
>>7942318
>it's because of density
Then why does it always fall in a certain direction?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.