[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if every pound we send to space costs tens of thousands of dollars,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: astronaut.gif (130KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
astronaut.gif
130KB, 640x480px
if every pound we send to space costs tens of thousands of dollars, why don't we send emaciated astronauts instead of strong, muscular ones?
>>
at least put some effort into trolling
>>
>>7936470
no, it's an honest question.
>>
>>7936466
Every time we fire a rocket into space atleast one bird will die.

Is scientific progress worth the cost in life ?
>>
>>7936476
the strong muscular astronauts come back to earth from space emaciated.

zero gravity is fucking killer. muscles atrophy, bones decalcify and bodily fluids pool. you need to be in top physical shape to survive that shit.
>>
>>7936466
>>7936476
they pick the best qualified.
size is of no interest to NASA.
>>
>>7936487
yes thats why we see super intelligent obese people up on the space station because nasa doesnt care about size!
>>
>>7936484
What does this have to do with anything? We're talking about sending the astronauts up to space, not when they come back down
>>
>>7936502
Don't ever fucking reply to my posts again unless you have something to contribute for this thread.
>>
>>7936503
Lel
>>
>>7936466
sending the not-most-qualified would cost orders of magnitude more .
also the wight of the astronauts is insignificant .if you wanna reduce launch costs there's all sorts of reusable rocketry development . also material science can develop better and lighter materials for the structure of the spacecraft and reduce its weight .
>>
>>7936487
>size is of no interest

your mom keeps telling you its not important, but it is.

there is a maximum and a minimum height and weight to be an astronaut with nasa.
>>
>>7936502
>Enter in great shape, exit in terrible shape
>Enter in terrible shape, Exit as dust
>>
>>7936466
ackchually sending up fat astronauts would be more cost effective. Fat is the most calorie dense substance in existence therefore there is a net loss in required mass when considering the savings in food you have to put up there. The Romans actually did this, they made legionaries march fat in order to save on the amount of food they needed to carry.
>>
>>7936538
No it's not, big macs are
>>
>>7936515
i didn't say not-most-qualified

i was implying they take the most qualified and have them lose as much muscle and fat as they can
>>
>>7936466
Actually if we ever go to venus or mars, the crew will most likely be a group of females.
>>
>>7936571
rofl
>>
>>7936466
Well one thing that i would assert is that an emaciated astronaut would not be able to function properly, the ability to reason would be hindered
>>
Why not just send robots instead? Oh wait we do.
>>
>>7936466
so pygmy females will be most favourable, congrats now niggers are the first to set foot on mars.
>>
>>7936503
Okay, I'll never reply to your posts in particular
>>
>>7936484
False. While that holds true in the general sense, astronauts are known to come back in better shape than they left in because of the exercise regimen.
>>
>>7936808
Incorrect.
>>
>>7936818
Not accurate.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.