[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Diamorphine (Heroin) and Alcohol are both very addictive (topping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 20140326-heroin-x624-1395864387.jpg (221KB, 624x420px) Image search: [Google]
20140326-heroin-x624-1395864387.jpg
221KB, 624x420px
If Diamorphine (Heroin) and Alcohol are both very addictive (topping the charts), than how come alcohol can be used so frequently by people, without getting addicted to it (forming some kind of dependency), but heroin is portrayed as making you addicted to it way "easier" (I heard people saying that 3~5 consumptions is all it takes for an average person to develop some kind of dependency). Does it relate to different amounts of dopamine binding in the dopamine receptors (D1,D2) in the basal ganglia?
>>
Well heroin is definitely more euphoric than alcohol, so that is probably a big factor.

Part of it also might be not the pharmacological reasons, but the way alcohol is accepted in society.

You can be functionally addicted to alcohol and casually drink beers all the time and no one will think anything of it, but being a casual heroin isn't accepted.
>>
>>7932538
Addictions disappear when you find something better.

Most people have something better than alcohol to begin with so it's non-habit forming, but when you take a stumble in your life and don't have any better way to feel self-content, alcohol easily becomes habit forming. Sometimes life picks back up and the cravings wean away.

There's nothing better than heroin, even having a great life, so anyone who takes heroin is gonna get fucked up
>>
>>7932538
alchohol addiction is a negative addiction. heroine is overtly positive
>>
Alcohol isn't very addictive. Where did you get that information?

It is a difficult addiction to break, but takes years of heavy drinking to actually develop a physical addiction.
>>
>>7932587
>Where did you get that information?
Gee, it's not like it's one of the most studied drugs in existence...
>>
>>7932599
Its also far less addictive than opiates. I don't think you know what you're talking about.
>>
Heroin is far more addictive, but they both cause physical dependencies with prolonged use. Addiction is the mental desire to do more, whereas dependence is the physical need to do more in order to hold off withdrawals.
>>
>>7932561
What's that mean?
>>
IV heroin =/= snorting heroin
IV heroin will make an addict easily, people don't allow themselves to drink during the week were a heroin user probably wouldn't care.
>>
>>7933088
I got high the few tolimes I snorted
>>
>>7932587
I think the reason it 'tops the charts' like OP said is due to the difficulty of breaking the addiction once it has formed
>>
>>7932538
Show us this chart.
>>
>>7933218
In class, will post when I'll come home.
But you can google it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.