/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If we're living in a simulated universe, does that mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: simulated_universe.jpg (463KB, 861x558px) Image search: [Google]
simulated_universe.jpg
463KB, 861x558px
<simulacra and simulation theory>
>>
He double majored in philosophy and math
>>
Lmao I can already tell this is going to be a great thread.
>>
>>7919367
Just because pic is different I'm on to you gorilla poster. I recognize your style.
>>
prolly CS and Biology desu, everything in physics is reversible from those two
>>
File: o-RAND-PAUL-facebook.jpg (299KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-RAND-PAUL-facebook.jpg
299KB, 2000x1000px
I'm believe this is a simulation.

This impossible according to the laws of physics -- some kind of processing power issue.

The simulation is run in a universe with different physical laws, so that math does not apply.

I believe the issues we see when looking closely at atoms (Schrödinger's cat type stuff) is a result of running up against the limits of the simulation. The particle does not have a specific place in space because the simulation is not rendered in a resolution this fine.

I like to think this simulation is just one of infinite ones. Possibly a single thought from a being that exists as a singularity.

A single thought about the rules of a universe, the injection of matter in the form of The Big Bang, then let it run

Even from the view of a hard materialist the fact that there can be consciousness inside a simulation is remarkable an beautiful in its own right.

It does not need to nihilism because scientific study and progress leads us to understanding the nature of ourselves and our creator

Maybe the end of the simulation is humanity or some other life form sending the creator a message "Hey, we figured out what we are and what you are. You can turn it off now."
>>
If we define God as the creator of the Universe, then no. You'd need a team to make a simulated reality.
But if God is the creator of everything, regular classical Theology follows, God is just a being that started existence. So it's omnipotent, not interested in making simulation universes.
>>
File: 9cf.jpg (24KB, 245x310px) Image search: [Google]
9cf.jpg
24KB, 245x310px
>>7919439
Thanks anon
>>
>>7919367
but what if god is in another simulation?
>>
>>7919450
Then the simulation must be replicated into infinity
>>
>>7919367
no he just downloaded some shit off pirate bay and double clicked it like 7 nanoseconds ago .
>>
>>7919439
>This impossible according to the laws of physics -- some kind of processing power issue.

yea because the laws of physics in the simulating universe have to be the same as the simulated one .

its possible that we'll be making rudimentary conscious entities within our lifetime that wont know the inputs they experience are 'simulated' or that such a thing as simulation or reality even exists .
>>
>>7919505
>yea because the laws of physics in the simulating universe have to be the same as the simulated one

I explicitly said the rules don't have to be the same
>>
>>7919499
>>
>>7919367
Computer science, it doesn't require understanding of math or science in order to be able to write a simulation with mathematically consistent behaviour. A sunflower has patterns of seeds consistent with the fibbonacci sequence but it's cells have no understanding of what math is.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.