[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look at this Reddit AMA that Bill Gates did today. He confir

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: gatesy.jpg (30KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
gatesy.jpg
30KB, 460x276px
Look at this Reddit AMA that Bill Gates did today. He confirmed that he took a double courseload at harvard and left all his studying for the last few weeks and still got straight As. The relevant link is below.

This confirms that brainlets exist and the hard work maymay was a maymay all along. Gates just unzipped his skull and rammed his Big Black Brain up and down the knowledge shaft without any nuance or technique - and still succeeded. Remember that not only was this at Harvard, which has harder courses than your Podunk university, this was 40 years ago, before huge grade inflation and dumb people going to university.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/49jkhn/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/d0sa0ke
>>
>>7918157
You could get to his level through hard work. But his mind was trained his whole life by people surrounding him and himself. While you sit and complain on 4chan. That's why you are a brainlet, a life of addictions.
>>
It makes me happy that he's very smart. So many people get rich by being horrible and/or lucky.
>>
I would like to see his transcript.
>>
>>7918241
spoiler: he didn't get rich by being smart, he got rich by sueing other companies , buying out competitors and by having a software monopoly that to this day still persists.
>>
>>7918157
if harvard's math 55 is supposed to be the hardest class there, then all the courses were probably super easy

silly yanks
>>
>>7918306
Uh you have to be smart to orchestrate all of those things in a way that gets you money.
>>
>>7918157
So does [noun]let now refer to everyone below the rarefied upper reaches of the last standard deviation now?
>>
>>7918157
We all knew this, you don't become a billionaire by being a fucking retard despite what liberals might tell you.
>>
>>7918237
Damn, that really got me, Anon. I feel like shit now.
>>
No shit he is very intelligent, also had a work ethic ( didn't take a day off in his 20s ), the billions start adding up.
>>
File: 1452366831921.png (33KB, 917x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1452366831921.png
33KB, 917x1186px
>tfw low IQ
>>
>tfw doing somewhat equivalent of math 25 at harvard
>study last minute and barely get average in class
>i'll never be a genius and get As, what's the point of even studying 24/7
:(
>>
>be me
>Hispanic
>27 years old
>community college for three years going on four in the fall of this year
>start off at remedial Math
>pass everything and get all my credits necessary except for Physics I and II
>decide to apply in October for CSUs
>get rejected from Three out of the four colleges that I applied to
>Pomona is the only one pending but will probably get rejected there, too.

It sucks knowing there are people who never work have to work intellectually and still get As at the best school on this Earth. I might as well just not even try.
>>
>>7918474
>comparing yourself to a single human in a sea of over 7 billion

There are over 7 billion people on the planet. Less than 0.000001% of them are anywhere near Bill Gates's net worth.

Relax. Do what you want. Fact: 99.9999% of human beings that are alive right now will never be written into history books or remembered past their close friends and family.

Follow the advice here:
https://youtu.be/i9J27RaDr5M

And get your degree. You have plenty of time to give up when you're dead.
>>
>>7918237
>by people surrounding him and himself
Who trained their minds?
>>
File: Stopped Reading There.jpg (23KB, 220x240px) Image search: [Google]
Stopped Reading There.jpg
23KB, 220x240px
>>7918157
>Look at this Reddit AMA
>>
>>7918474
>who never work have to work intellectually

This is the mantra of retards. Let me explain why you are wrong and why you think this.

You think that Bill, or any 'genius' for that matter (and that is under quotes for a reason), didn't do anything? No, he said he studied when the deadlines were coming.

The truth is, there is not that much to learn in undergrad, specially because everything is so spaced out. You always have time to do it and it is much more efficient to do it when you have the test soon because we learn better under soft pressure. That is, we learn better when we feel the strong need to learn, if someone just puts a gun to your head you will probably not learn very well because that is a strong pressure.

Second, a good base is everything. We all know undergrad topics are trivial so all you need to understand them is to read the topic and to process all that data. When you have a strong base of logic and mathematics you will process that data, whatever it is, almost immediately becuase you will see how things just follow froma nother. You know this and this, therefore this you just learned makes perfect sense. The problem with people like you is that you don't have a strong base. You cannot make immediate connections so you have to get everything just spelled out to you or to meditate it for hours.

I'm not going to read his AMAs or his biographies but there is probably something there about how he was an applied student while in primary and high school. That makes a huge difference.

He works just as hard as you, it is just that he works better than you.

TL;DR: GIT GUD
>>
What does he want us to say here? "Wow! Bill is such a genius! He skipped freshman level math courses and made A's!!!"

I doubt he could enroll in a graduate level course in math, only study during reading period and still pass.
>>
>>7918527
Adding to this...

Pass with an A under an oral exam
>>
>>7918422
counterpoint: notch
>>
Even he didn't do so great in ochem!
>>
>>7918526
>Second, a good base is everything.
How good base tho.
>>
>>7918157
It's sort of a meme. Hard work will get you pretty far but putting it like that immediately gives it away: a genius is gonna have to put in far less effort to get the same result than some average monkey.
>>
>>7918551
>over 140 IQ and created one of the most innovative games of all time
>>
Top kek, Reddit has celebrities posting on it nearly daily and doing AMAs.

4chan still thinks it's a superior website, that's hilarious
>>
>>7918577
He didn't create minecraft, he made minecraft.
/v/ and him created it.
>>
>>7918568
Intelligence is speed of retention and problem-solving abilities.
Prove me wrong nerds.

PROTIP : you can't.
>>
>>7918554
>Podunk university
Because he didn't go to class
>>
Stephen Hawking did something like this too for his final exams in Oxford, he didn't even bother studying or attending lectures so he just went for all of the applied abstract thinking theoretical questions and ended up with a 0.01 off of a first which he needed to study in Cambridge so he had an oral exam and said if they don't bump him off to a first they'd be stuck with him for another year. His professors gave him the first,
>>
>>7918577
>created one of the most innovative games
He pretty much pulled out a 1:1 Infiniminer clone and named it Minecraft.
>>
>>7918577
>Implying IQ has any merits.
>>
File: tumblr_nwoz9mSKvC1r41unfo1_250.gif (2MB, 196x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwoz9mSKvC1r41unfo1_250.gif
2MB, 196x300px
>>7918157
he never said he doubled the courseload...

I do agree tho he could have taken more courses than the average harvard student but not all of them are brainlets, I don't know the dropout rate but I'm sure it's not 0.

and if anything, studying in harvard is easier since the knowledge is the same but the teaching is a higher quality, but only if you are able to make it there, which is hard.
>>
He's an example of an extremely smart person with a great work ethic to boot.

He stated in an interview that while working at microsoft in the early years he though people who went home when their shifts ended or didn't want to work over the weekend were "kind of wimpy".

No, you won't reach his level, but thats no excuse to be like the rest of the lazy population.
>>
File: tennantcrying.gif (586KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
tennantcrying.gif
586KB, 500x275px
>thought I aced a test but found out today I got 75%
>tfw brainlet
>>
>>7918306
One thing does not exclude the other.
>>
>>7918677
>and said if they don't bump him off to a first they'd be stuck with him for another year. His professors gave him the first
How fucking naive are you to believe this
>>
I'm not in STEM but I would support increasing standards to such a point where only people like him, with a super high IQ and similar work ethic, can pass. It would create a lot of butthurt for self proclaimed geniuses on /sci/ though.
>>
>>7918613
>Celebrity has new book/film/project out
>does AMA so they can shill their new thing on reddit.
>every question they answer is a softball or a plant
>every other question is about something trivial like what their favourite pop tart flavor is, or their favorite animal
>this celebrity is one of us guys

Go back there, the whole point of this site is to be anonymous, not worshipping someone who wouldnt give a fuck about reddit if they couldnt advertise
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.