[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there any majors outside of STEM that are actually worthwhile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1456640322807.jpg (154KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1456640322807.jpg
154KB, 1920x1200px
are there any majors outside of STEM that are actually worthwhile and come with decent job offerings?

All you ever seem to read online about non STEM field majors is how they are unemployed now.
>>
nope
>>
Actually it's STEM that has way more graduates than jobs, precisely because of this retarded circlejerking.
>>
>>7915524
College isn't job training, retard. If you want job training then go to a fucking trade school.
>>
>>7915524
Economics, law and medicine (kinda STEM I guess) are obvious ones that have tons and tons of jobs and even more tons of money for the taking.
>>
>>7915524

I finished undergrad back in 2011, here's what I've seen from my friends not in STEM.

For undergrad, economics seems like your best bet. If your school is one of the few with an undergrad business school (Penn, Indiana, Emory, Notre Dame, UVa, UT-Austin jump to mind), then that would probably work.

For grad school, law and business school. But, the key is that you have to go to a Top-10 or Top-15 program, because these fields are saturated. An MBA from Stanford or JD from Harvard Law is worth a ton more than either from any number of state universities. I've had guys tell me that If they didn't get in to the 14th-ranked (or around there) law school, it's probably not worth it. But, on the other hand, there seem to be smaller, more "niche" law and business schools in major urban areas that have decent alumni networks, too.
>>
>>7916708
Nevermind.
Looked her up.
The make up and camera angle made her look way better than she actually is.
Would not fap to again desu senpai.
Please post better images next time.
>>
>>7916708
>>7916743
What do these posts have to do with science?
>>
Communication is pretty good.
>>
>>7915825
>only -100000 monies
>>
File: 139691181993.jpg (54KB, 508x512px) Image search: [Google]
139691181993.jpg
54KB, 508x512px
>>7915825
>>
>>7915825
I don't understand why more people don't get this. Especially people who think your job title has to have the name of your degree somewhere in it.
>>
I studied survey methodology (which is a master of arts) and I am earning quite a lot of money. Got 2 job offers right after I got out of university without ever doing more than I had to.
>>
>>7917304
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexology
>>
>>7915694
Good thing I'm a psych major ;)

Fuck you.
>>
>>7918173
>Good thing I'm a psych major ;)
I want you to know I'm currently laughing at your poor life choices. Enjoy your AIDS faggot
>>
>>7915825
>+20 pussy

Srsly
>>
/biz/ and law
>>
>>7918219
I'm a psych major too, although my school has two programs. Psychology BA and Psychological Sciences BS and BA.

Psychological Sciences BS Requires a science minor and includes neurology courses. I'm a couple classes away from both a Bio and Math minors. I interned in a Bio lab last summer, and currently work as a lab technician at a local material lab/place/thing taking samples of soil and "analyzing" them. Honestly I thought lab work was more complicated. My grades suck, but i doubt I will ever have a problem finding a job.

idk why people have a problem against psych majors. Sure it's popular, but youre judging the whole crowd by the stereotypes you associate with psychology. Which any "stemfag" should understand is a fallacy.
>>
>>7918305
cont.
I admit this could be biased though. All my jobs have always been entry, and I'm a tall thin white straight male.
>>
>>7917359
I wish I can borrow that much. I hate working retail/service and there's never any labor/bluecollar in my town.

I'm stuck with only 30k debt :/
>>
>>7915524
Moneywise, yea there a lot of technical, certifications and trade degrees you can get at least in the US.
>>
>>7918173
Lol, you say that like you're in a better situation. Psych is the most over saturated degree, good luck getting a job you faggot.
>>
>>7915843
lul wut? Maybe medicine but the other two, especially law are completely over saturated, the American Bar association has even encouraged students not to go into law.
>>
>>7918320
What did you major in?
>>
>>7915825
>College isn't job training, retard
t. the communications professors who force you to take their bullshit class so they aren't out of a job
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.