[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are ergonomic kneeling chairs bullshit or does it actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: angle-chair-kneeling-high[1].jpg (59KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
angle-chair-kneeling-high[1].jpg
59KB, 1000x900px
Are ergonomic kneeling chairs bullshit or does it actually help your spine ?
>>
you can slouch just as well in a kneeling chair as in a regular chair
>>
There is this small chair by a 'osteophilicist' which apparently will sit you in a way that simulates standing but I forget the name, would be nice if someone could find that.
>>
Just get a small table that you can kneel at, so that you're pretty much doing lunges the entire time.
>>
>>7914600
>will sit you in a way that simulates standing
So it's just really uncomfortable and makes you wanna get up again?
>>
>>7914639
No you are resting in the chair but at an angle that is healthy
>>
>>7914413
So instead of back problem you're getting knee problem?
>>
>>7914413

Always thought this was a gimmick, but my sister has used one for years and swears by it.
>>
File: Niggered.jpg (7KB, 180x210px) Image search: [Google]
Niggered.jpg
7KB, 180x210px
>>7914413
That chair looks like it would give you pins and needles in your feet
>>
>>7914413
They are bullshit and hurt your knees.
>>
File: 7d527134335649.56cdd96ba10eb[1].gif (338KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
7d527134335649.56cdd96ba10eb[1].gif
338KB, 360x450px
>>7914413
looks like its designed to cut off the bloodflow to your legs. and the weight coming from your torso is still sitting on your lower back so it makes no difference.

although I would like to know if there is such a chair that lifts your weight from above to a degree so your spine is relaxed.
>>
Looks like something you need for physical therapy. You would look like a fucking idiot using that in an office.

If you're so worried about spine and neck problems that you need a kneeling desk chair, but just cant be bother to try sitting up right, just wear a neck brace.
>>
>>7914965
that IS a kneeling desk chair, only looks more industrious. Also a lot of workplaces are encouring their employees to stand up while working so their liver stays active and they get a tiny bit of exercise. so this wouldnt look wierd at all
>>
>>7914945
So you'd be hanging from your armpits?
>>
>>7915057
yep.
>>
>>7915014
Getting up and stretching and giving your eyes a break is perfectly fine. Where i work, a 30 min lunch break and a 10min break every hour is encouraged since we have to stay alert for 10 hours at a time. Just life the monitor to eye level and slouching becomes uncomfortable.
>>
>>7914413
bullshit
>>
>>7914413

This looks like some complicated bdsm blowjob trainer chair
>>
>>7915226
>30 minute lunch break and 10 minute break every hour
>eating every half hour

in all seriousness yes take breaks at least once every two hours. my coworkers and i take a stretch break every two hours. sometimes on summer days we would walk around the office park for a few minutes.
>>
I've been researching for similar shit, but they're all bullshit.

The REAL problem is that you spend 16 hours a day on a computer chair, and you don't exercise at all.

Fix these two. That's the real problem.
Exercises for posture and less time spend on a chair.
>>
File: 596201_orig.jpg (33KB, 658x522px) Image search: [Google]
596201_orig.jpg
33KB, 658x522px
>not getting a reclining chair
>>
You don't need a fucking super-chair to fix your back problems, you need fucking exercize and some form of whole body movement at regular intervals during your workday.

I hope I can get into some kind of super company when I'm done studying where people are expected to be super-sportsmen and to make breaks regularly for exercize.
>>
>>7916934
Haha I didnt mean a 40min break every hour, just 1 lunch break per day.

But yea, working for a company that actually cares is why i got my degree.
>>
File: p.png (230KB, 658x522px) Image search: [Google]
p.png
230KB, 658x522px
>>7916961
Could have been perfect if the keyboard had been split in two pieces, parallel to the back of the chair.
>>
File: 12-years-a-slav.jpg (50KB, 508x720px) Image search: [Google]
12-years-a-slav.jpg
50KB, 508x720px
is the chronic sitting thing actually "le new smoking" or is that more slav propaganda meme-ry
>>
>>7917006
>hurr durr real problems aren't real problems

I had serious issues with my lower back while I was a NEET. It was actually painful to sit.
It was resolved with exercise and not being an inactive NEET.
>>
>>7917010
I'm questioning its extent. From what I've looked into, even just being temporarily active is negated by remaining sedentary. should i just stand and slav squat for the rest of my life?
>>
>>7917006
The poster with "Viggo Morthensen" is better.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.