[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are non-european races so bad at drinking milk? Hasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: white genes.png (53KB, 538x300px) Image search: [Google]
white genes.png
53KB, 538x300px
Why are non-european races so bad at drinking milk?

Hasn't domestication of animals been common for most ancient peoples?
>>
I can drink milk yet I'm American.

Debunked.
>>
>>7913932

Americans, by majority, have european ancestry...
>>
>>7913922
>Hasn't domestication of animals been common for most ancient peoples?
... clearly not, fgt pls
>>
>>7913934
I'd be drinking llama milk.
>>
>>7913922
Yeah, but mostly for meat

Or else their milk had less lactose in it, or was processed in a way that removed the lactose without people realising that's what they were doing
>>
>>7913922
I think you don't really care about the answer, I think you just want to boast.
>>
>>7913922
Drinking milk past adolescence has no real evolutionary advantage and so won't be selected for unless there are artificial environmental pressures pushing for the adaptation. Simple as that.

Most mammals do not drink mammary milk post adolescence. This observation most probably explains why the majority of the human population has not received the adaptation necessary to process lactose after adolescence.

Lactase persistence (because it's not actually a tolerance or intolerance to lactose, but an inability to produce the enzyme that processes lactose, lactase, into adulthood) as a mutation that differentiates us from other mammals means that it will be present in a minority of people.

People with the adaptation perform no better than people without the adaptation, and so the people with the adaptation for lactase persistence will only exist in the interbreeding populations and produce generations of offspring that are likely to have the same adaptation.
>>
>>7913922
do you still wear diapers? do you still suck your mums tits? do still need your parents to wipe your ass?

milk exists so farmers have something to do
>>
>>7913984
>People with the adaptation perform no better than people without the adaptation

in times of famine having the lactose adaptation will obviously help you perform better, depending on the food supply it could literally save your life.
>>
>>7913991
>milk exists so farmers have something to do

the act of farming and domesticating animals was actually really important for human development and progress.

milk itself is a superfood, calorie dense, high in protein and nutrients.
>>
>>7913984
TL;DR: If your cultural ancestors domesticated milk-producing livestock very long ago and used that milk for sustenance, you can drink milk because your ancestors who could drink milk fared better than those who couldn't. If you can't drink milk into adulthood, your culture didn't use milk as a primary source of sustenance.
>>
>>7913984
>perfect distribution of macronutrients
>no evolutionary advantage
>>
>>7914001
How else would you explain the graphic? By those distributions alone, the vast majority of the human race doesn't produce lactase into adulthood.

Clearly, other strategies for nutrition were more successful seeing as those strategies led to more people.
>>
File: 1317797245813.jpg (35KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1317797245813.jpg
35KB, 480x358px
>>7914011
>other strategies for nutrition were more successful seeing as those strategies led to more people.

and those people were literally dominated and conquered by the people who could produce lactose
>>
>>7914012
So you're saying the power of white people comes from... milk?
>>
>>7914014

it's funny how non-whites never realized that, even as a joke they never put the dots together...

Chapelle tried to figure it out but got it wrong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM7-jT0WXWE
>>
>>7914012
And yet despite conquering these people and the subsequent enforcement of the invading culture, this still did not lead to a majority of lactase-persistent people.

And do you not realize that Japan conquered a large part of Eastern Asia? Japan being a country that has a majority of lactose intolerant people? And I guess the Mongol Empire, which was the second largest empire to ever exist was also being run by somehow lactose-tolerant people even those the region of Mongolia in that graphic has a near 100% rate of lactose intolerance?

TL;DR: Don't make random-ass associations without thinking first.
>>
>>7914019
>empires that died out within years of their leader dying
>worth noting

zozzle
>>
File: 1334466703946.jpg (40KB, 215x200px) Image search: [Google]
1334466703946.jpg
40KB, 215x200px
>>7914019
>And do you not realize that Japan beat up other asians

and milk drinkers destroyed them and rebuilt them.
>>
>>7914021
>attempting to troll when the time spans of both empires I mentioned are easily researchable
>attempting to troll when my population point has yet to be addressed because it undermines any assertion that milk consumption is actually beneficial from an evolutionary point of view
0/10

You should stick to the thread discussing racial IQ disparities.
>>
>>7914024
>still doesn't understand that if milk drinking were actually beneficial it would have been adapted over the course of animal domestication in more than just a few regions that contain vastly fewer people

HIV/AIDS has been around for 100 years and people in Africa are already developing resistance to infections.

http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/202/Supplement_3/S345.full
>>
>>7913922
because Europeans are the main group of human culturally weird enough to think it's a good idea to start sucking on the local wildlife for sustenance and over time they polluted the gene pool.
>>
>>7913996
>milk itself is a superfood, calorie dense, high in protein and nutrients.
Plus cheese has a long shelf life.
>>
>>7913998
>If you can't drink milk into adulthood, your culture didn't use milk as a primary source of sustenance.
Which doesn't answer OP's question: why didn't most cultures use milk?
>>
>>7914075
You must be joking. Read the sentence you just quoted again, this time out loud.
>>
File: syCj3N6.jpg (27KB, 750x662px) Image search: [Google]
syCj3N6.jpg
27KB, 750x662px
>>7914082
>You must be joking.
Nope, the post in question just say "if your ancestors drank milk, you can too".
Still no word on why different cultures in different regions did or didn't drink milk.
>>
>>7914092
>Why are non-european races so bad at drinking milk?

I don't know, present-tense question in the OP, I guess maybe it's because

>If you [(read: anyone)] can't drink milk into adulthood, your [ancestors] didn't use milk as a primary source of sustenance

If you'd stop being a sperg for a second you'd realize that asking about the psychology of long-dead peoples is about as fun or useful as asking what watermelons think about the planet Jupiter.

It's also not what the OP asked.
>>
>>7913922
but indians love milk and paneer and curd

i dont understand
>>
File: 1MnFX3r.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1MnFX3r.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>7914103
>present-tense question in the OP,
>>7913922
>>
>>7914114
>Somehow a disconnected sentence is supposed to be interpreted as a question about pre-historical human psychology
wew lad

>>>/reddit/
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.