[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1.13 MB 1.13 MB PNG So I'm staying at this hotel and they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (1MB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x960px
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
So I'm staying at this hotel and they have a jar full of jelly beans and if guess it right you get a two nights stay free, I got a size comparison for you to get a feel on how big this jar is,

So how much do you think is in the jar?
>>
>>7913528
There's a tennis ball or golf ball in the jar. Even if you got perfect measurements, you'd still be wrong.
>>
>>7913528
When I was a kid my daycare did a jelly bean guessing contest, the prize was one of their IBM PCs loaded with games. They upgraded so they didn't need it anymore. I won that shit, good memories.

IDK, I'd estimate around 1500. If you really wanted you could count the number of jelly beans number of jelly beans that form continuous planar ring around the jar and get a circumference in terms of jelly beans and then count the number high. From that and some circle formulas you could probably get a much closer estimate though to complicate matters it looks like the jar is slightly concave which will throw you off a bit. Eh, only do this if you're autistic.
>>
Be careful u might lose a leg
>>
>>7913528
>puts the dollar at a 45 degree angle to the jar

really dude?
>>
>h~14in
>I'd assume the radius is about 4-6 inches, I'll go with 5in
>volume of cylindrical portion filled with beans ~1100in^3
>volume of a jelly bean ~0.1in^3
>Vc/Vb=11000 beans

This is assuming the beans are packed perfectly (which they aren't). so Lets just assume for every ten beans there is .1in^3 in packing volume so we can readjustour number to 9900.

If you are going to guess it should be a number between 11,000-8,000 beans
>>
Wonder if you could just pay an employee $50 or something for the answer. $50 for a two night stay isn't bad at all. The employee doesnt benefit from the contest anyways, so I don't see why they wouldn't tell you for a small fee
>>
>>7913657
>no depth perception

You can clearly see the top fold is parallel to the jar while the bottom fold is the part at an angle.
>>
7713. It's that. I guarantee it. Ask them if you don't believe me.
>>
>>7913763
I can see that dipshit
>>
>>7913749
|
|
|>
|
|

I like the way you think.
>>
>>7913691
just estimete the jar dimensions in terms of jellybean dimensions...
radius is cca 10 jellybeans
height is cca 30 jbeans
N = pi * 10^2 * 30 = 10^4
>>
Quick! Someone make a machine learning algorithm that does this

and make a meme about it
>>
just integrate shell method with x = jellybean
>>
>>7913528
>1$ ~ 6.6 cm hight
>hight of jar ~ 12.12 cm
>Volume of jar [math] = \pi r ^2 h \approx 6.6^2 \times 12.12 \pi cm ^3 \approx 1,600 cm ^3 [/math]
>Volume of jelly bean [math] \approx 0.25 ^2 \times 1 \times \pi \approx 10 ^{-1} cm ^3 [/math]
>Number of beans [math] \approx 16,000 [/math]

Now:
>11,000
>~10,000
>16,000

So 12,000 is probably your best bet. Wait for a bit longer and use "wisdom of the crowds".
>>
>>7913528
It's well-known that a jelly bean is worth about .8KB
1130/.8=1412.5
So any guess in the 1300-1500 range is good
>>
File: 1448864356113.jpg (73KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1448864356113.jpg
73KB, 1600x1200px
>>7914308
>>N = pi * 10^2 * 30 = 10^4
using pi to get a integer
>>
>>7913528
Volume of 1 Jelly Bean = h(pi)(d/2)^2

It can be assumed that 20% of a given volume is air rather than jellybeans due to shape of jellybean

>now just find the volume of the container and you are fucking golden.

in repayment you can bang the nastiest of hookers in your free hotel while high on the cheapest of crack cocaines.
>>
>>7913539
those tricky bastards

you can shake the fucker up to see if there is an object inside?
>>
>>7913763
>doesnt understand how to relate size

the angle would make the dollar appear smaller in relation to the object in question....which negates the reason for even using the fucking dollar for size comparison.

>do you even into logic?
>>
>>7913528
Around 8,000.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.