[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is smoking weed in anyway remotely helpful to being smarter and/or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: qt asian women humping.gif (3MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
qt asian women humping.gif
3MB, 320x320px
Is smoking weed in anyway remotely helpful to being smarter and/or doing well on tests or school?
If so, is it better to do it immediately before studying, or the test itself, both or neither or something else entirely?
>>
>>7903093
former everyday stoner reporting in
half of my friends are still stoners
i've literally never met a single person who learns better while stoned
i've met a ton of people who are worse
and some people who it doesn't affect at all (in terms of studying)

...and i just took the bait, didn't i?
>>
no
try adderal
>>
>>7903093
Studies show 300% increase in performance if you pack a bowl and light up mid test. Believed to be the interaction of THC, anti cancer cells, God and the munchies.
>>
As an occasional drug user.
Weed will not help with studies, at all.
It could help you relaxing in the weekend, or relieving tension, but it's a no go if you have to actually study or do shit while under the influence or for like 5 hours after.

Cocaine will make you feel like you've got it even when you didn't, so it's very bad if you're studying for the exam, could help a bit before the test itself because you'll be more talkative to the point of being obnoxious.

Now to go into actually useful stuff, microdosing LSD (i said microfuckingdosing, don't go tripping out like a retard) will help you concentrate and will lighten your mood a lot, i found it very useful for studying complex stuff, it also helps with keeping you up at night studying, microdosing is like an extreme dose of caffeine+antideprexants.

Adderall works too, but you already knew this.
>>
Weed is more of a physical drug despite its psychedelic properties. I find it to be great if you do pushups/squats/etc or something like martial arts, it feels as if your body gets completely in sync with the activity and of course it feels good man.

After a few hours when it wears off, and this is just me, I feel my mind very clear. Not smarter, mind you. It's like going through a very dense fog, you work your way through it and when you come out of it the going feels much easier. It's a lot like that, when you're high a lot of things become harder but over time you get the hang of it and realize how easy it is to do while sober. That doesn't mean you're gonna get better at anything smoking weed, it just gives you another perspective, a challenge and it's up to you to take it or fuck it all and be a lazy shit.
>>
Daily stoner here of 4 or more years. the actual crunch of studying, the heavy parts, its a disadvantage. When you take breaks between study sessions, i like to toke and let the info simmer a bit.
>>
>>7903093
Benzedrex is best study aid for me.

Easily purchased (or stolen) at Target. Lasts 8-12 hours. As focused as adderall, with added bonus of euphoria and happiness, as well as motivation. No comedown or real crash afterwards. Very structured "high".

The cons would be its terrible taste, swallowing cotton, how long it lasts, and crippling anhedonia for weeks after using it more than once in a week.
>>
>>7903093
Weed has been connected to better abstract thinking and better problem solving, so yes.
>>
I smoke weed as a way to harn stress and as a sleeping pill and I can tell you, use this to relax.

>does it make you more creative?
I don't know, I just turn into a hungry zombie when high, so no

>does it help with studies?
For me? NOPE
Only way to find out OP is that you try it out.
>>
>>7903203

and being dead has been linked to decreased anxiety and depression
this means that being dead makes you better at studying, right?
>>
Dude...

W
E
E
D

>lmao
>>
>>7903201
how do you take it? nasal or oral?
>>
>>7903216
Oral, I usually just swallow a couple of cotton rods with water and then eat brunch immediately afterwards
>>
>>7903093
Everybody I know that smokes weed is a low life that sucks at sports and academia (aka: useless shit) and is obsessed with the drug. They can literally not state something without directly or indirectly mentioning weed.
>>
>>7903218
does it actually help with you studying? i heard that it doesn't have the speedyness and it's more for the pleasure side. how was your attention to reading textbooks and doing practice problems?
>>
>>7903220
When I was in school I would smoke occasionally with some kids from my baseball team, if it was an easy win we would sometimes smoke before a game. We rarely spoke about it to anyone though and most of us had great grades since our coach was a hard ass about it. 2 of the biggest "stoners" on our team were drafted by major league teams, and the other 3 draftees smoked with us occasionally.

In uni I smoke more but nobody really knows outside of my friend group or people I meet at parties, and even then it's as big a deal as having a beer or whatever, nobody really cares or talks about it, we just do it occasionally. We were all accepted into the competitive majors at our school and our GPA's are in the 3.3-3.9 range. I don't know anyone that is really obsessed with it, the closest I guess would be my friend who smokes every night to fall asleep.

>>7903225
For me it's awesome for studying. I'm already able to focus in general, but on Benzedrex I can knock out multiple chapters of my OChem text whereas it normally takes a day or two to finish one. Retention is better than if I study straight too. I also don't get side-tracked at all. Definitely 10/10 study drug for me, I credit my slew of perfect scores on my recent midterms to it.
>>
>>7903093
It relaxes you, but that's about it.
>>
>>7903241
wait do you just eat the cotton tubes? would 3 be too much?
>>
>>7903285
Yeah I just eat the tubes. If it's more than one I cut them up, but my friend eats like 4 whole ones multiple times a week and does fine. His general drug tolerance is pretty high though, probably because he's a little heavy. 3 would be intense af for me, 2 is usually plenty, especially if it's your first time.
>>
>>7903093
high school fag detected
>>
>>7903093
NO
>>
>>7903189
Pretty much this.
There are much better drugs out there to help you focus, weed is for relaxation and a general "fuck everything that's not these chips right now"
>>
>>7903358
like benzedrex?
>>
File: 1449652478879.png (72KB, 1037x993px) Image search: [Google]
1449652478879.png
72KB, 1037x993px
>>7903104
>try adderal
Adderall is worse than meth.

Adderall is more likely to cause psychomotor agitation.

There are 3422 different brands of Adderall and they are not the fucking same.

Name brand Desoxyn (meth) is literally safer than Adderall.

Wouldn't recommend starting on Adderall or stimulants of any kind. Adderall generics vary tremendously in their effects, but lots of pharmacists (and even the FDA) will tell you they're "equivalent" or "identical".

They're not. The effects from one brand to the next can be radically different to the extent that different brands can feel like totally different drugs.

If you have trouble with ADD I'd suggest trying a pure sativa weed strain. If that's not an option, maybe go for Piracetam. I believe weed and piracetam are safe to use together.
>>
>>7903415
>racetams
placebos
>>
>>7903244
>It relaxes you
I've smoked weed for years why won't this ever happen to me? Should I switch to indica?
>>
Weed fucks with your memory.
>>
>>7903513

You're smoking too much. Weed has a tendency to make me think deep thoughts, but also if I get too baked it will give me anxiety.
>>
>>7903513
Sativas definitely make me feel more anxious and weird, also give me random pains. Indicas or even sativa/indica blends relax me.
>>
I dont know. If it helps you overcome anxiety that harms your ability to learn, then by all means. If you arent a creative person but you are cleverer under the influence that helps understanding, then by all means.

If you get lazy or let it control your life, stop and go to a therapist for your ills.
>>
Yes, for certain applications and the right people at varying dosages.

This is more useful in a creative field when imagining the model/application can come in handy.
>>
Personally I smoke when doing busywork, like online chem or math problems, or searching for research/notes on a project. Sometimes while reading chapters, though I tend to read it again while sober.
>>
>>7903093

source?
>>
Nigga how the fuck does weed increase problem solving ability? Last time I was high I thought I was a childhood version of myself transported into my present body and had to re-remember everything that happened in the past 10 years
>>
Weed heals the mind, but it won't speed up your thinking.

It will make you more creative, though.

Best if done in tight, tight moderation.
>>
>>7903093
That image is cuter than it has any right being.
>>
sauce??
>>
>>7903093
Fuck no.
Getting high / drunk / wired to a car battery has never and will never make you smarter. You won't come off a trip with anything more than you carry in to it. It might help you relax if your in to that kind of stuff.
>>
Depends on how its used and what you are doing.

Many will agree that it puts the mind in a haze, less focused and more distracted. I like to smoke weed before meditating, as I find it makes focusing my mind even more difficult.

But, then when I meditate sober, I find it to be much easier in contrast. Its almost like mental-weight lifting.

In this way smoking weed to highten my anxiety has over a couple years allowed me to be immersed in it and learn to deal with it, so that when im sober I barely have any anxiety and when I do I just learn to ignore it.
>>
>>7903108
You need an oxford comma
>>
>>7903108
Is God and the munchies the band that starts playing in your mind when you get high?
>>
>>7903093
Psychedelics and weed can help you change your thinking. They are introspective catalysts, and deconditioning agents. And when used properly (not often and not recreationally) they can more or less "Make you smarter" kinda.
>>
>>7903093
You have to study in the same mental state that you expect to take a test in.
Whether that be from emotions, drugs, diet, surrounding, etc.
>>
>>7905078
>oxford comma
Absolute cancer.
>>
>>7903093
i study new concepts sober, but i cogitate on them stoned. i also do grindy "plug n chug" type assignments stoned as it keeps me from losing interest.

it honestly depends on the strain of weed. strong sativas are quite peppy and give me loads of energy after that first 30 minutes of intense high.

this is coming from somebody who lives in Denver and has access to really good weed.
>>
>>7905078
Who gives a fuck about an oxford comma
>>
Love the GIF op.
>>
>>7904186
I think you had a little more than weed without knowing, friendo.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.