[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /sci/, I have a questions: Is there more doors than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: ss+(2014-10-24+at+10.09.58).png (57KB, 716x716px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-10-24+at+10.09.58).png
57KB, 716x716px
Hey /sci/, I have a questions:

Is there more doors than people in the world?
>>
>>7893872
Are we including car doors? If so, it's an unequivocal yes. If not, I still think there's more doors but I'm not as certain as if we're including car doors.
>>
maybe, maybe not

probably more humans actually
>>
Considering that in third world countries like china, india, africa, the middle east and also most of south america, people just do not have doors as they are safe without them. I'd say that there are more people than doors.
>>
>>7893876
>The US publisher Ward's, estimate that as of 2010 there were 1.015 billion motor vehicles in use in the world.
If we assume that average car has 3 doors then I guess there will be more doors.

But I was rather thinking about normal stationary doors, used in buildings.
>>
>>7893872
Probably more doors. I first thought that there are more humans, since most humans live in a family home with multiple humans living in said home. But I was only counting entrance doors. You should also remember that most homes have a lot doors(my appartment has like 7 or so), that lots of extra buildings such as work places, learning places, shopping places, sports facilities, all have a lot of doors but are usually shared by the same people living in the area.
>>
>>7893882

https://www.quora.com/Are-there-more-doors-than-humans-in-the-world-Or-are-there-more-humans-than-doors

Did you just copy this question from quora you faggot? There it is also specified that no car doors should be used, only buildings
>>
>>7893890
You are probably right but there are like 100 million homeless people in the world and almost a billion below the extreme poverty line, they probably have a very high door to human ration.
>>
>>7893890
Yes but there are poor families with lots of people in tiny houses who works in factories with way less doors than workers.

>>7893893
I didn't really. I just got high with friend and come up with it out of nowhere.
>>
>>7893877
this
more humans than people
>>
>>7893872
That copypasta about a guy who punches people so hard they turn into doors has never been so relevant.
>>
>>7893935
Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that’s where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit.
>>
>>7893872

the real question is: what do you consider a door?
>>
>>7893872
>1 house has ~ 7 doors, assume this is an average
>There are ~ 100 million households in the US.
>There are ~ 300 million people in the US
>That means ~ 1/3 of a house per person, assume this is an average.
>There are ~7 billion people on the planet
>Which means there are ~ 2 billion houses on the planet.
>Therefore I'd estimate that [math] N _{doors} > 14 \times 10 ^{9} [/Math], so we have a lower bound that's greater than the population of the planet.

There are a few obvious limitations here, for one there's no inclusion of office buildings, hotels, apartments and anything other than a standard house, so clearly any value we derive is going to be an underestimate. Further the number of doors per house is effectively just a number that I pulled out of my ass based on a quick mental survey of my house and a couple of others. I wouldn't say that this makes it useless as an estimate, just that you should take it as a very rough estimate. Either way I'm convinced that there are more doors than people.
>>
>>7894319
7 doors in a house? Maybe a somewhat nice house. Most people in the world don't live like Americans or even close.
>>
>>7894323
Really?
>Front door
>Back door
>Two bedrooms
>bathroom
>door separating living and dining rooms.

Personally I think 7 might be a bit of an underestimate.
>>
>>7893872
are we counting lego doors?
>>
>>7894344
wow you are sheltered m8 xD
>>
doors add up very quickly, i just went around my slightly above average american house and counted a total of 23 doors(including bathroom doors and closet doors). Im gonna guess more doors than people.
>>
>>7893876
>Is there more doors than people in the world?

>Are we including doors?
>>
Do double doors count as 1 or 2? what about french doors?
>>
Do cabinet and cupboard doors count too?

What about barn doors?

How are we defining doors, BTW because one could say that sliding glass doors are a type of hingeless door.

In thatbregard, drawers can also be considered horizontal sliding doors.

What about gates as well? They are basically outside doors.

Also cellar doors and attic doors.

Gloveboxes may be hand doors.

Hell, is a vagina a dick door? In that case a butthole may be a shitdoor and a mouth is a food door.
>>
>>7894902

Don't forget bout toilet seats. Those are doors too.
>>
>>7893872
yes
>>
>>7894902
I believe only for the door that people go through apply. Such as front entrance, kitchen door, bathroom door, etc.
>>
>>7894902
vaginas are holes, i don't think they count as doors. but maybe underwear counts as door?
>>
There are millions of empty houses in the US.
Consider places like truck stops that have bathroom stall doors, shower room doors, drink cooler doors, office doors, multiple entry and exit doors.
>>
>>7894936
No silly, the pissflaps are the doors to the bujiner
>>
File: USA-Freedom-logo_33.png (36KB, 438x604px) Image search: [Google]
USA-Freedom-logo_33.png
36KB, 438x604px
Doors should be illegal. If you have nothing to hide, what do you need a door for?
>>
File: chicago8.jpg (637KB, 1569x737px) Image search: [Google]
chicago8.jpg
637KB, 1569x737px
are we counting office and government buildings?
considering how much bigger NY and LA are compared to chicago there very well could be more doors
>>
File: from.jpg (41KB, 308x307px) Image search: [Google]
from.jpg
41KB, 308x307px
>>7894992
>compared to chicago
Dude calm down
>>
>>7893882
>hot hatches being the average

With the amount of SUV/crossover shitters in the world today on top of the popularity of sedans, the average is probably closer to 5 doors than 3.
>>
>>7896848
fuck chicago
>>
>>7893872
clearly every computer has a backdoor.
>>
>>7896848
what?
>>7897003
ok

chicago is the biggest city i've ever lived in. i've been to la and ny, manhatten especially impressed on me it's condensed size.

i didn't make a civic pride post. i posted a picture of the biggest city i've ever lived in, a city that has may tall buildings that contain a lot of doors in a small place. since chicago is the 3rd biggest city in the u.s. the bigger two cities should have more doors.
>>
Yes, I would say there are. Discounting hotels, rooming houses, institutions, camps, and big business, there's over 1.6B houses worldwide. Then, you have all the discounted places too, which, all have many more doors than a house. Then, you get to add in cars, which there are over 1B of worldwide, with at least 2 doors a piece. That accounts for at least, 6+ billion doors right there. Most houses have more than 2 doors though, which would bring the total to over 8B doors.
>>
>>7893872
Yes. I would say the number of doors at least triples the number of people. Here's how I arrive at that estimate:

Nearly every apartment configuration imaginable has at least three doors for each person living in it. Typically, these will be the front door and a closet door, although they're is undoubtably a bathroom door and maybe a bedroom door. When there are more people living in the apartment, the number of doors per person goes down, but it wouldn't be a stretch to say that there are two doors per renter. Now moving on to houses. Many more doors for fewer people leaves about a 1-to-4 person to door ratio. Newer models have fewer doors because people like open floor plans, but most houses in America and especially in Europe have older floor plans and many more doors. I would say this leaves our estimate at around 1-to-3. Factor in China. Lots of people live in extremely small living spaces, but these always have a positive door count - at least one door per person. Therefore, this doesn't effect our ratio. Now factor in developing nations and tribes. In many occasions, there are many people living in buildings with very few doors. Since large families live together in small houses with few doors, their ratio is negative, more like 4-1. This could bring our estimate back down to even 1-to-1 if we are liberal with this restrictive ratio.

However, we can now factor in all the buildings people don't live in. Those have strictly positive ratios - 0-5, 0-10, 0-200 for large skyscrapers. On a conservative estimate, I'd say this puts the door to people ratio at 3:1, and liberally I'd guess 60:1.
>>
>>7894367
This really isn't too unreasonable. Even in an apartment, you can have a front door, balcony door, bathroom door, and probably two closet doors. That's five doors and it's not even a real house. My dorm room has 5 doors in it and I don't even have a bathroom or kitchen in here, just a bed.
>>
My house has 8 doors for 2 people.

Based on that, yes there are more doors in the world than people.
>>
>>7898676

Consider this: If you make 30k/yr in the US, you are in the wealthiest 1% of the world
>>
>>7893881
>china, india, africa, the middle east and also most of south america, people just do not have doors as they are safe without them.
Holy shit maximum poe
>>
>>7898676
If you go to third world shitholes it's not uncommon for people to live in single room homes or apartments. In a case like that it's only 1 or 2 doors for a family of a half dozen people or more.

That said this ratio of more people to fewer doors is probably offset by the lulzy amount of doors found in a large office building.
>>
>>7898611

Ur "pizza" is shit
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.