[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was debating someone on whether or not there were inherent p

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: male-vs-female-brain.jpg (43KB, 658x351px) Image search: [Google]
male-vs-female-brain.jpg
43KB, 658x351px
Was debating someone on whether or not there were inherent physiological differences between the male and female brain. Looking to be informed on whether or not there has been any trusted studies on this, and if I am wrong in saying men and women are inherently different in terms of brain chemistry. This (http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/confirmed-theres-no-such-thing-male-or-female-brain-180957417/?no-ist) seems to be the only article I can find on the matter, but I can't imagine it being a full explanation of the subject or the only source material on this. Are testosterone and estrogen the only factors that determine masculinity/femininity? Help me out sci
>>
I don't know myself, but it is a controversial topic, so any articles might be biased. It might be good to see if there are differences in the brains of male/female apes or other animals, since those might not be obfuscated by political correctness as much.
>>
>>7846995
You won't get an answer, because no one will do serious research on the topic for the same reason that we won't see any serious attempt to decode the haplotypes that point out racial distinctions in our lifetime - it's not really all that great of an investment (what are you going to sell from your results, pamphlets that say "gurls r dumb?" No one will want to publish your findings unless they can bank off of them) and it's also not great for the pursuit of happiness. Honestly, is it all that important if men are smarter, stronger, or more resilient than women? It's not really that much of a difference, and suffering that slight inefficiency for the sake of protecting the happiness of others is part of what makes us human.
>>
File: CD3Kfw8WgAAUBBm.jpg (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CD3Kfw8WgAAUBBm.jpg
83KB, 600x600px
>>7847332
It is important if one group is less inclined to study STEM and there is this assertion going around that men are oppressing women by being men. And the reason we won't get a proper answer is because dishonest ideologues who are in the establishment have too mush to lose if we dispel their myths which they bank on.
>>
File: tim-hunt.jpg (263KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
tim-hunt.jpg
263KB, 620x413px
>>7847343
And this crusade against men in STEM has already caused much suffering because we haven't answered these questions. So if we want to alleviate suffering we should know the facts instead of allowing a window of ignorance for dishonest ideologues to push their unfounded assertions.
>>
>>7847343
You don't need research to tell you that affirmative action isn't fair and is really just a power grab by people seeking the easy way to money and politicians happy to give that way to them should it mean more votes. Form your case on logic and reason, not third-world studies and popsci. The only people you can't convince with pure logic are the ones who aren't worth convincing in the first place.
>>
>>7847355
You're right, I'm not talking about convincing reasonable people. Just the masses who look at a disparity and go "that must be oppreshun". And sadly they are worth convincing as that is most people and we live in a democracy. Had this been a technocracy (as it should be) masses wouldn't be of our concern.
>>
>>7847355
>You don't need research to tell you that affirmative action isn't fair

ayy fuck you, i'm a vet. i love me some affirmative action. hire me or a nigger. you're choice m8.
>>
>>7847353
This guy actually went to the trouble of shaving around his nose hairs.
>>
>>7846995
eh? its controversial? Off the top of my head, Reaction times are different. IQ variance too ( means are the same though).

The thing that's controversial is the extent of the differences. Obviously they exist, did your opponent not have eyes?
>>
>>7847343
Social justice isn't a topic for /sci/ until SJW's are literally raiding this board. Right now, you're the one making this out to be an issue.
>>
>>7847536
>let's not discuss ways to discredit and point out the flaws in a bankrupt ideology that's spreading like a cancer

But hey, let's waste time making shit up about imaginary friends, eh?
>>
There are in fact actual, tangible, differences in the anatomical layout of various lobes in the brain. In addition, men become desensitized over time to a stimuli more easily than women, which is part of why women suffer from PTSD more then men.
>>
>>7847545
>ways to discredit and point out the flaws in a bankrupt ideology that's spreading like a cancer
>science related topics
choose one
>>
File: hahahaha.jpg (35KB, 229x343px) Image search: [Google]
hahahaha.jpg
35KB, 229x343px
>>7846995
That article is bunk. Males have larger brain of about 1sd. There are also specific brain structures that are larger in males. There was one study that found larger front-back connections in males whereas females tended to have strong left-right WM tracts. On brain chemistry, there are very profound differences in endocrinology. Steroids, as estrogens and tesotsteron have neuroprotective effects, influence gene transcription, and impact functioning of all major neurotransmitters. It is also noteworthy that the brain contains receptors for sexual hormones through various places. In fact, throughout their menstrual cycle, females with low levels of estrogen perform better on spatial tasks compared to moments when they have high levels of estrogens circulating in their bloodstream.

In other words, anyone claiming there is no such thing as the male and female brain is talking about stereotypes, and certainly not about differences in population. Also, there are countless articles on gender and sex of the brain available.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.