[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend textbooks/offer advice on higher dimensional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Can anyone recommend textbooks/offer advice on higher dimensional integrals? ( d>3)

I've no luck googling/skimming through other books.
>>
>>7844464
Anon I would give up your search.

Only a few of the most brilliant professionals in the world have ever been able to evaluate a triple integral.

No one has ever solved a quadruple integral. In higher dimensions we can't even begin to formulate how one might approach a beginning of a solution.
>>
>>7844464
Look up "vector calculus" and "multivariate calculus".
>>
>>7844470
Engineer here with a question (inb4elitistmathfags), what's the difference between the triple integrals that I've evaluated (for classes like vector calculus and electromagnetic theory) and the triple integrals you're talking about?

How else do you find the volume of an irregular three-dimensional shape?
>>
>>7844470

OP here.

I always appreciate a good sarcasm post. 8/10

>>7844474

What sub topics of vector calculus should I look up?
>>
>>7844480
Solving multiple integrals is pretty easy. If you can do a double integral, triple, quadruple, etc. is trivial. The only reason a quadruple integral is harder than a triple integral is because you tend to have more terms.

You might wanna know how to do curl, div, lagrange, and similar topics, but I presume you could learn each of those from a good google search.
>>
>>7844470
Mochizuki's inter-universal teichmüller theory claims to solve a quadruple integral. It would be the first quadruple integral to ever be solved.
>>
>>7844478
There is no difference. The meme is that triple integrals are some of the most advanced math a lot of people ever see even though they're pretty tame in most regards.
>>7844495
This, there's really nothing new to learn with regards to multiple integrals in terms of elementary functions once you learn a double integral. From that point of its just integrating how ever many more times.
>>
>>7844470
>in 1st year studying physics
>in theoretical physics lecture we're starting with real objects instead of mass point approximations
>professor shows how to calculate moment of inertia
>writes triple integral on the board
>room goes silent
>whispering is heard
>he starts solving it
>walls crack
>fire bursts out randomly
>people are bleeding out of every orifice
>are gate to the 7th circle of hell opens, revealing endless suffering
>as he's finished, everything goes back to normal
>15 students dead, lecture hall partly collapsed
>a fine trail of blood trickles down his nose onto a smile of victory
>"this will be part of your daily work as physicists"
>drop out instantly
>go home
>cry

Don't anon .just don't
>>
>>7844480
Analysis on Manifolds, if you want to do calculus like div/grad/curl but for d > 3.
>>
>>7844634
>triple integrals
>meme

lol?
>>
>>7844716
This. I mostly get through it with copious amounts of booze and cocaine. The good news is, after a while you've surrendered enough of your immortal soul that you stop caring about all the colleagues and students you've subsumed wholesale into the pits of hell.
>>
>>7844716
L M A O
M
A
O
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.