[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What field of pure science gives me the greatest chance of working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: ver5.jpg (30KB, 378x450px) Image search: [Google]
ver5.jpg
30KB, 378x450px
What field of pure science gives me the greatest chance of working in a noneducational career in that field with an:

A) Bachelor's degree
B) Master's Degree
C) PhD from an average uni
>>
>>7813313
how "pure"? if you go off the deep end (theoretical physics and pure math) you don't have much chance out of academia. if you accept applied math or applied physics you can do tons of shit from finance to modelling to who knows
>>
>>7813328
You don't know what you're talking about.

Applied math is garbage. Pure math is gold.
>>
>>7813313
>pure science
>not in academia

pick one. applied science is the only thing industry gives a shit about.

at a minimum you are going to want a bachelors in some kind of engineering just for legal reasons.
>>
>>7813313
A) Computer Science
B) Applied whatever
C) Lol
>>
>>7813328
So someone who majors in "pure" physics or math could be less qualified than someone with an "applied" major in those areas? How can that make sense?
>>
>>7813334
Except applied mathematicians actually solve interesting problems, while you pure folks spend years trying to count the number of ways to color an imaginary object.
>>
>>7813338
because an applications guy will be up to speed with industry standards and practices.
>>
>>7813334
Cry more faggot, I study pure math, that doesn't mean what I said isn't true. If you get hired in industry it isn't because of your pure math degree, it's because of the applied math you learned with it.

>>7813338
Because a pure degree does not prepare you for monkeying around in industry or doing things that people care about in general. It prepares you for rigorous research at the top of knowledge
>>
>>7813313
There is no field of pure science where you will not be both researching and teaching.
>>
>>7813345
>applied math
>interesting

>applied math
>solving problems

I don't think taking theory and copying it into a practical context qualifies as interesting or solving problems senpai
>>
>>7813357
What do you considering an interesting problem?
>>
>>7813345
>plug 'n chug
>interesting
>>
>>7813338
Constructing an F1 car does not imply that the builder can drive it competitively.
>>
>>7813357
Look up mcm problems. I used to be a sperg like you, but application isn't all just engineering.
>>
Bros what masters in physics can get me a job? I know there's semiconductor type stuff but what else?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.