[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>religion is legal >we could have advanced ages ago if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 16

File: 1453016481333.jpg (188KB, 1280x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1453016481333.jpg
188KB, 1280x1119px
>religion is legal
>we could have advanced ages ago if we allowed human experimentation
>thousands of homeless people
>instead of exchanging food shelter and some money for their contracted service for experimentation we give it to them for free and leave them homeless
>religious fags out there actually get mad when people do stem cell research or experiment on any living thing
>vegetarian/vegan fags get mad for animals
>not wanting to advance your own species to the point where we don't need to eat animals anymore because can't handle a few sacrifices
This shit makes me angry. Why are people so fucking stupid.
>>
>he thinks it's the religious who oppose human experimentation

it's the medical community shunning it, human experimentation wouldn't give us any meaningful breakthroughs or insight that we haven't already gotten.
>>
File: OP.png (296KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
296KB, 500x327px
>>7799013
>Why are people so fucking stupid

I don't know, why are you?
>>
>>7799018
But how do we know? Who is adamantly doing live experimentation on humans as we speak that isn't illegal?
Sure we have had many breakthroughs, but what if it could speed up progress so that breakthroughs take a shorter amount of time.
We don't know everything about death even, what's stopping us from finding out.
>>
File: hello reddit.jpg (660KB, 3192x2124px) Image search: [Google]
hello reddit.jpg
660KB, 3192x2124px
>>7799013
>>
pure autisim
>>
File: stop liking things i dont like.jpg (844KB, 1312x2892px) Image search: [Google]
stop liking things i dont like.jpg
844KB, 1312x2892px
>>7799013
the entire medical and scientific establishment is wrong on the matter of ethics and anonymous faggot #7799013 has it all figured out. How is one person able to be so smart? Thank you for this amazing insight OP.
>>
>>7799027

Obviously the only reason we haven't discovered a cure for cancer yet is that we haven't injected enough jewish twins with syphilis.
>>
>>7799013
You know that nothing Mengele or Unit 731 produced had any scientific or medical value, right?

Or did /pol/ tell you otherwise?
>>
>>7799018

>human experimentation wouldn't give us any meaningful breakthroughs or insight that we haven't already gotten.

Josef Mengele developed some mighty fine decompression tables by experimenting on Jews.
>>
>>7799018

Clinical trials.
>>
Didja ever notice how people who think human experimentation is a good idea never seem to consider that it could wind up that they be one of those getting experimented on?

Why is that, I wonder...
>>
>>7799136
Decompression like diving or whatever?
>>
>>7799013
China is your promised land, they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>7799013
>we could have advanced ages ago
>thousands of homeless people

We could have advanced what? Our ability to kill off the homeless population?
>>
>>7799013
I know that feel. It's not just religion but philosophy in general. Ethics is holding back science. I hate these stupid "muh feelings" arguments against animal experiments and against embryonic stem cell research.
>>
File: 1448854929577.jpg (230KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448854929577.jpg
230KB, 960x720px
>>7799013
>>
>>7799013
If we allow this experimentation on other people then someone could allow experimentation on me. Obviously the only winning move here is not to play
>>
>>7799013
We got a real edgemaster over her.
>>
>>7799141
Wouldn't need to if we got the stick out of our ass about cloning.
>>
>>7799013

>why are people so stupid.

Since you equate lack of morality with intelligence I'm afraid any explanation would be over your head.
>>
>>7799976
Why is it "moral" to ban animal experiments? It's just stupid anti-intellectual "muh feelings" shit based on outdated antiscientific ideas of animals having consciousness.
>>
>>7799140
>Clinical trials.
THIS
Opie, we already ARE doing experiments on human volunteers.

>>7799144
>China is your promised land
and THIS
If there were any progress to be made from torturing people to death, China would be doing it.
>>
>>7799966
>Wouldn't need to if we got the stick out of our ass about cloning.
>implying a clone is somehow not a human being
>>
>>7799013
one of these days, people might wanne do experiments with YOU op
>>
>>7799013
>religion is legal
You're right, we should ban all religion, and carry on with intensive agriculture without any concerns for the planet. Drink bleach.
>>
>>7799982
>animals having consciousness
>antiscientific
oh lawd
>>
>>7799987
1. Volunteer for experiments
2. Get cloned
3. Subject clone to experiments, since it's really just a glorified tumor of yours that was cultivated, and therefore just part of you
4. Literally no one with any importance was hurt
5. Given enough experimentation it's possible that we would be capable of creating a clone with no sense of pain or emotion

Moralfags like you are why we don't have auxillary brains yet
>>
>>7800003
Panpsychism and evolution denial are antiscientific. If you believe in those, go to /x/ or /pol/. Evolutionary neurobiology suggests that animals' brains are not as complex as human brains.
>>
>>7800013
Cognitive neuro here. You're full of shit. Not as complex =/= no consciousness. No one's citing Jungian ideals here. Just that animals feel pain and fear. In fact, their lower self-awareness is more reason not to needlessly put them through harrowing experience when they can't understand why they're being tortured.

I'd say this is bait but 4chan is Poe's Law personified so I'll assume you're some popsci-edgelord. Please kill yourself if you're so worried about human advancement. Do us all a favor.
>>
>>7800132
>claims to be neuro
>doesn't even know what consciousness is
Try harder, pop sci kid.

Animals do not "feel" pain and fear. They do not have sufficiently evolved brains to have subjective awareness. For them pain and fear are automatic subconscious processes.
>>
>>7799013
>religion is to blame for everything
let me guess, you're an american?
>>
>>7800219
>Animals do not "feel" pain and fear. They do not have sufficiently evolved brains to have subjective awareness.
what the fuck am I reading?
>>
File: bait.jpg (43KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
43KB, 699x637px
>blames religion for a speculation of what the present could've been
>>
>ITT: edgy kids
>>
>>7800239
Are you denying evolution?
>>
>>7800219
Most retarded thing i've read today.
>>
>>7799931
Those misspellings trigger me

Aren't most if the younger generations irreligious anyway?
Most 4channers probably are, we've seen too many trap threads to think there's a god
>>
>>7800013
>yfw cetaceans have more complex brains than humans
>>
>>7800261
3.5/10 b8
Good setup
Poor execution
>>
>>7799987
>implying a clone is somehow not a human being
There are people who actually believe this, to be honest. When a professor of mine gave a lecture about stem cells and cloning, she insisted on the fact that if she took one of her ovocytes and put the nucleus of one of her cells in it, the resulting embryo would effectively be her and thus she should be able to treat it however she pleases (both if she wanted to disrupt the blastocyst for stem cells or let it grow in a fully developed human).
>>7800008
>since it's really just a glorified tumor of yours that was cultivated
You either don't know what a tumor is or you don't know how clonation works
>Literally no one with any importance was hurt
It's good to know you are the one determining the importance of people
>it's possible that we would be capable of creating a clone with no sense of pain or emotion
Ok, you definetely don't know how clonation works.
>>
>>7800266
>>7800276
2/10 if bait. If you're seriosly a creationist who belives animals have been given "souls" or whatever by god, then you're wrong on a science board. Evolutionary neurobiology has a very clear picture of how evolved different brain structures are. So far only humans did evolve sufficiently high to have subjective awareness.
>>
File: 1449423567781.gif (89KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1449423567781.gif
89KB, 480x270px
>>7800285
>>
>>7800285
> 2/10 bait
> still replies
kek. also evolution doesn't explain consciousness.
>>
>>7799013
>>7799013
are YOU willing to make that sacrifice ? answer OP
>>
>>7800285
I'll take unfounded illogical assumptions based on a misunderstanding and lack of knowledge of evolutionary theory for two please, Alex.

Many mammals like elephants, apes (including humans), some monkeys and some cetaceans have morality, self awareness, etc.

I'm an atheist BTW family
>>
>>7800294
Neither does religion
>>
>>7800334
>>
>>7800334
God imbued man with a soul, you bottom feeder.
>>
>>7800315
You are baselessly anthropomorphizing animals. Lrn2science
>>
>>7800338
>>7800342
Nominated for the official most cancerous posts of 2016

The atheists in this thread (except op) aren't being me meme-tier cunts
Also, no >my brain is swollen from my intellectualism >my neck hurts, so 0.4/10

And the (Christian) religious concept of the soul doesn't even make sense
>>
>>7800358
>I don't understand something, so it obviously makes no sense!
>>
>>7800354
>elephants recognise the corpses of their own species and exhibit mourning behaviours
>elephants pass the mirror test (self awareness)

>hungry rhesus monkeys will not shock other rhesus monkeys knowingly, even with food as a reward

>some cetaceans (especially dolphins) are obviously intelligent

Step it up
>>
>>7799982
Morality is just a spook that control stupid people like you that they don't destroy shit. For example, in your case morality would be doing its job.
>>
>>7800362
K den. Explain the story of how God chose humans to be the only with ones with souls (despite over 5 billion species existing), and the evidence for the soul, and why people even believe in it in the first place
>>
>>7800363
>equating intelligence with consciousness
>believing the mirror test is a legitimate test of self-awareness
I honestly can't tell whether you're a dumb as fuck pop sci child or trolling hard. Just in case I'll give you a 3/10.

>>7800364
Morality is basically a mental crutch for those who can't think for themselves.
>>
>>7800364
>muh morality is just there to prevent men doing great things
Literally edgy. Don't worry, it'll pass in a couple of years
>>
>>7800367
The guy you're talking to believes "god" gave "souls" to all animals. Something which contradicts the evolutionary and neurobiological fact that only humans so far evolved consciousness.
>>
This is why atheism is so dangerous. If the USSR wasn't proof enough of this, their complete lack of moral guidelines and empathy should seal the deal.
>>
>>7800367
There's an bestselling world famous book that documents this for you, if you happen to be so curious.
>>
>>7800368
>>7800370
>>7800371
>>7800372
This is officially a b8 thread
>>
>>7800371
Actually only people without empathy need "morality". If you have empathy and can think for yourself, you'll soon dismiss all "morality" dogma.
>>
File: 1478779991848.jpg (27KB, 323x303px) Image search: [Google]
1478779991848.jpg
27KB, 323x303px
>>7800370
>only humans so far evolved consciousness
>>
>>7800363
>mirrior test
Holy fuck, the stupidity in this post hurts. The mirror test has been discarded as pseudoscience. It is circular and does not allow any interpretation of self-awareness.
>>
>>7800373
>get rekt
>i-its just a bait thread!!
>>
>>7800368
Consciousness is th3 state of being aware and responsive to your surroundings, and that directly correlates to intelligence

Why is th4 mirror test not a valid test of self awareness
>>
>>7800382
>and that directly correlates to intelligence
Are you retarded? Self-awareness has nothing to do with IQ.

>Why is th4 mirror test not a valid test of self awareness
Why don't you fucking google the criticism that led to it being dismissed? That is, if you are too mentally challenged to figure it out on your own.
>>
>>7800370
How is the hypothesis that only humans have evolved consciousness a fact?
>>
File: 1440155534162.jpg (74KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1440155534162.jpg
74KB, 500x374px
>>7800368
>Morality is basically a mental crutch for those who can't think for themselves.
>>
>>7800372
>The bible
Literally 2000 year old anecdotal evidence from scientifically illiterate goat herders translated and "interpreted" multiple times
>>
>>7800386
Because dolphins dont speak english, therefore they are dumb animals who arent conscious
Get with it senpai
>>
>>7800375
>he thinks morality isn't relative
>>
>>7800382

Solipsism. Prove that I'm a real conscious entity and not a biological device merely responding to inputs. Not to say I really believe that only I exist, but for the time being, you won't prove it otherwise, and I can't, either.
>>
>>7800377
Explain

>>7800385
>IQ=intelligence
Kek
And yes, self awareness does correlate to key features of intelligence, like working memory capacity and memory recall, for example
Also, how would you even measure other
animals' intelligence

After googling, it seems the mirror test can give false negatives
This just makes the positives more significant

The fact that you said "just Google it lol you retard kek lol" without even providing a specific reason is v. Lazy desu

>>7800393
The Greek and roman scientists and philosophers didn't speak English

>>7800400
The evidence suggests you are a real conscious entity because you can perceive and be perceived with multiple methods if detection and through non-empirical logical deduction
>>
>>7799013
>blames Religion (more than likely, Christianity) for "holding us back"

Sure, you will cite Galileo vs the Vatican, and other such trials, but during the geopolitical strife that was the Dark Ages and Midlle Ages, Monks and Church Officials were the ones not only preserving the discoveries of the past, but also became the philosophers and scientists of those ages. Their contributions would allow the Renaissance and beyond to occur.
>>
>>7800416
Explain what? At this point you're only trolling. The mirror test is on the same level of pseudoscience as dianetics or astrology.
>>
>ITT: I just turned 20 and I know everything after one philosophy class at my local community college
>>
>>7800416
>The Greek and roman scientists and philosophers didn't speak English
Perhaps because they didn't exist? Ancient Greece and Rome were almost 2 millennia before science began. The scientific method didn't gain popularity before the 19th century. There were no scientists in Greece and Rome.
>>
>>7800423
You keep saying it's pseudoscience but what I'm asking for is an *explanation* of why it's pseudoscience
>>
>>7800416
>self awareness does correlate to key features of intelligence, like working memory capacity and memory recall, for example
Wrong. All these do neither require nor imply self-awareness. Are you mentally retarded? What the fuck is this bait?
>>
>>7800428
>who is Hippocrates
>>
>>7800439
>implying medicine is STEm
>>
>>7800433
Why should I waste my time writing a detailed explanation when you're clearly a troll pretending to be too dumb to use google?
>>
>>7800434
>WRONG WRONG WRONG I WON'T PROVIDE AN EXPLANATION BUT YOU'RE DEFINITELY WRONG AND I'M RIGHT

>>7800440
>Medicine
>Biology + Chemistry and a little bit of physics and maths
>not STEM
Guaranteed salty because no doctorbux
>>
>>7800444
>WRONG WRONG WRONG YOU'RE A TROLL I'M RIGHT YOU CAN'T EVEN USE GOOGLE WHEN I'VE GIVEN YOU ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED (it's pseudoscience repeated three times) I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN MYSELF BECAUSE I'M RIGHT
>>
>>7800448
Just because doctors have to take a dumbed down intro to chemistry class (which most of them fail), medicine doesn't become STEM. They are not doing any science. Memorization is not science. Dealing with patients is a service and not science. Calling medicine a STEM subject is like calling prostitution a STEM subject becaue a prostitute needs to learn about STDs.
>>
>>7799013
Irrational anti-science sentiment seems to be growing in western societies. I wonder who's behind this development.

>>7800448
>>7800452
This brainlet prefers to spread ignorance and to shitpost in capslock instead of educating himself on google. Truly the cancer of /sci/.
>>
>>7800453
medicine becomes stem because it is the application of bio and Chemistry
It is like engineering, but with less dick sucking
>>
>>7800400
>Prove that I'm a real conscious entity and not a biological device merely responding to inputs.

What's the discrepancy? Or am I to synthesize such definitions for your benefit to doubt and argue your own subjective conveyance?
>>
>>7800416

>you can perceive

You have not shown this. Does ASIMO perceive things? Is it a strong AI? How can you show this?

>and be perceived with multiple methods of detection

ASIMO can recognize faces among other features along the lines of perception. Can you show this is conscious perception and is linked with self-awareness?

>non-empirical logical deduction

You have not shown all conditions to be true.
>>
>>7800460
Not really irrational,and ops post is pretty factually incorrect and silly. We already allow human experimentation (clinical trials, organ and tissue donation), wantonly coercing humans into being subjects will result in you and your children being subjects, probably, and as an atheist the religion part is just edge, nobody really takes religious arguments against science seriously (except in burgerland), and outlawing religion is though policing - that doesn't end well
Vegetarians and vegans want to avoid unnecessary anjmal suffering, like on farms and in testing beauty products
Science isn't just a throw more subjects at scientists, get more results affair - that's not how return and probabilities work

How am I spreading ignorance? I literally asked him to provide an explanation for his claim. Then he asked me to Google it, which provides no real data when I'm not provided with a specific issue.

Overall, just a b8 thread with a good measure of edge
>>
>>7800471
You can see, hear, etc. These could all be manufactured, but Occam's razor

Asimo can only react and perform preprogrammed things. It can only learn qualities it is preprogrammed to learn, like names and places. It wouldn't do so well in learning and being able to apply new information that isn't preprogrammed

Anyway, solipsism comes down to a "you can't prove they don't so unicorns DO exist xd" argument, and Occam's razor eliminates it
>>
File: 1448953650217.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1448953650217.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>7800481
>promotes the "mirror test" pseudoscience
>thinks intelligence and self-awareness are the same thing
>"How am I spreading ignorance?"
Here's your (You).
>>
holy shit what a cancerous thread

reported
>>
>>7800488

>You can see, hear, etc

Yep. So can ASIMO.

>Asimo can only react and perform preprogrammed things. It can only learn qualities it is preprogrammed to learn, like names and places. It wouldn't do so well in learning and being able to apply new information that isn't preprogrammed

How is exactly can this not be extended to humans and their biological hardware? Without certain regions of the brain, I'd have no ability to learn language, or without others, I'd have no,"GPS," of sorts to learn and reason out my location.

>Anyway, solipsism comes down to a "you can't prove they don't so unicorns DO exist xd" argument

Hardly. It certainly doesn't imply something exists due to a lack of being falsifiable. As I said, I don't believe I'm the only existing entity, but thinking that others do exist is merely an assumption on my part that just seems reasonable, based in my own subjective experiences. It's not an objective fact.
>>
>>7800492
Once again, I'd like an explanation, or a source, or even a specific issue with the mirror test. Stop shitposting.

I said intelligence and self awareness correlate. Think of all the intelligent people you know (probably not going to be your parents) and think of their self awareness compared to less intelligent people. Note self awareness means conscious knowledge of one's thoughts, motives and desires. Intelligent people think about why they want /feel what they want, the less intelligent are more emotionally driven or live in a non self aware daze

For example, am intelligent person would realise they were shitposting. You, instead, mistakenly call b8
>>
The issue overlooked with CS and A.I. is one of distinguish of paradigms between what is computational, and was is experience. When we read the glyphs off this screen, they convey only meaning conceptualize by the human thought. Inasmuch, the "depth" we see in a portrait, is something not of reality, but of the human mind's ability to assume of what features are in the foregrounds and background. The essence of such things is just paint. The issue is that the detector on a camera does not "see" an image of light, but through switches and signal processing (codecs), processes an intelligible image for the human mind to see.

A.I., in it's current state should be seen more as I.A. (intelligent agent) in the same way a thermostat alters in it's resistance depending upon the temperature.

Consciousness could possibly be derived, but the experience of red is different from 255 69 0, and FF4500, which really to a computer is a assigned instruction to an element on a display device.
>>
>>7800508

there's an article where they successfully did the mirror test with ants, go google it
>>
>>7800610
The study's fairly solid. It's the Wikipedia citation for ants on the mirror test article, if you want to read it yourself
>>
>>7799026
>>7799040
>>7799931
>>7800293
>>7800338

Friendly reminder that atheist, neckbeard, overweight fedorafag edgytarians are still dead right about there being nothing good about religion, that nothing is actually incorrect about their militant anti-religious advocacy, and that "Le Silly Fat Fedora Man Epic Maymay" is not an argument against this position.
>>
File: 1410021112604.jpg (10KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
1410021112604.jpg
10KB, 214x317px
>>7800887
>>
>>7800008
>>7799013

I agree.

We should, however, clone 4channers, then let the clones replace the originals, since they'll be fresh, and ready to avoid the mistakes the originals made.

Then we can experiment on OP and the other edgemasters in this thread :^)
>>
op, I'd like to thank you, you have helped me discover the first case ever of autism-psychopathy
>>
All these idiots ignoring the fact that experimenting with clones is limited to only 4 weeks because Pope said no...guess why if an actual human clone were to be made and if he had acted as same as the real human it would totally disprove that humans have souls...

And yes religion is fucking up research because morals and ethics...
>>
>>7802210
Without religion, there would be no morals or ethics... why can't people see this?
>>
>>7799134
>You know that nothing Mengele or Unit 731 produced had any scientific or medical value, right?
Were the survival tables deleted? People have asked for it I remember, I just didn't know they had gone ahead with it.
>>
>>7799013
>>we could have advanced ages ago if we allowed human experimentation
The premise for this entire thread is wrong.

"We" as in those who do not experiment on homeless people do so for ethical reasons. Or because they do not want to be caught.

Still, there are people who have no such inhibitions and do large scale testing in slums. If it works it is great, if it fails the agent is removed and papers are burned. There is one country that is well known in the biz for this.

The problem with pre clinical testing is that it is well known that there are compounds that kill dogs but are harmless or even beneficial to humans. That means tests halted because all dogs died in the test could be a bad rejection of something that would be of use to humans. And some are willing to check up on this.

So in certain countries you can or will be able to get medicine you cannot get elsewhere and cannot get in the West since the documentation trail is way dodgy.
>>
File: 1434927184742.png (628KB, 3558x3364px) Image search: [Google]
1434927184742.png
628KB, 3558x3364px
>>7799013
>>7800887
>religion did nothing good
>forgetting the efforts of the Catholic Church to preserve scientific documents
its like you love talking out of your own ass

>inb4 galileo or copernicus
>>
>>7802341
What a retarded meme. The catholic church did not "preserve" any "scientific documents". Science did not even exist yet at that time. Rigorous use of the scientific method did not happen prior to the 19th century. The only thing preserved by the church was antiscientific philosophical dogma. Now please take your fedora back to reddit.
>>
File: 1452720522582.png (374KB, 540x587px) Image search: [Google]
1452720522582.png
374KB, 540x587px
>>7800370
>neurobiological fact that only humans so far evolved consciousness
>>
File: Question-mark.png (35KB, 749x946px) Image search: [Google]
Question-mark.png
35KB, 749x946px
Seriously, why is human experimentation so frowned upon?

Nothing good in this world comes without sacrifices.

Some people are nothing more than vermin, they could be used as guineapigs.
>>
>>7799013
Modern society was created by religion. Were it not for religion it is unlikely humans would have followed the laws necessary for a community to survive.
>>
>>7803255
>Modern society was created by religion
Bullshit.

>Were it not for religion it is unlikely humans would have followed the laws necessary for a community to survive.
Humans hunted and gathered in bands long before organized religion.
>>
File: goat2.jpg (73KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
goat2.jpg
73KB, 528x960px
>>7800392

goats are smarter than you.
>>
>>7800267
>Aren't most if the younger generations irreligious anyway?
This is what I'm hoping for, religion dying a natural death through generational entropy
>>
>>7800294
Doesn't the development of the brain explain consciousness
>>
>>7800461
>medicine is like engineering
I hope this is bait, I really do. They are completely different fields, apart from maybe some specific applications (artificial limbs / organs etc)
>>
>>7802246
Because societies function independent of religion, this has been shown throughout history. The ideas of not killing or raping or stealing transcend religion, and derivatives of these basic values are really all you need. The golden rule (do not do unto others what you would not want done unto yourself) is a better approximation for moral behavior than any religious text
>>
>>7803221
You're right, but everyone is going to call you edgy.
>>
>>7803474
Pretty autistic there

It's clear I was talking how about engineering is less pure than the bio, Chemistry and Physics in the same way medicine is less pure
>>
>>7803452
I'm not even sure what this post is meant to be
An ad hominem?
A shitpost?
The beginning of some light cp+bestiality?

What are you saying?
>>
>>7800369
No morality is a mental restraint system for stupid people, smart people dont need morals because we have a naturally level of impulse control compared to you impulsive morons that need your emotions to stop you from killing people, stealing from peopl or commiting sexual acts.
>>
>>7803492
It's both edgy and factually incorrect (human experimentation is already allowed, what are clinical trials)

It's also ironic
>some people are nothing more than vermin
>posting this on a Mongolian warlord training imageboard
>>
>>7803998
Even if you can control your impulses, you can still do bad things. Relative morality and empathy acts as a guide to help you do the thing that results in the least suffering

And it's the notion of morality that lets you know what impulses to control anyway
>>
>>7804000
Smart people dont need morality because we have enough impulse control to never get in the situation where we would act like animals and need emotional inhibitions to maintain self control. So we can still do bad things? What does is matter? Bad is just a word human use to describe anything that makes them feel guilt or misery.
>>
>>7802341
The church has been neutral for science at best, in its efforts to retain power by crushing contradictory ideas and not allowing the spread and gain of knowledge
>>
>>7804001
You're conflating morality and emotional inhibition

Even if you can control your impulses, you can still end up in a situation where you need to make a decision that has the potential to negatively impact people, and you need a sense of empathy and morality to do the best thing

>So we can still do bad things? What does is matter? Bad is just a word human use to describe anything that makes them feel guilt or misery.
Edgy
>>
>>7799185
This kek
>>
Even if this is bait, there is numerous people that believe it.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.