[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I just for the life of me can't figure out how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: circuitsab.png (9KB, 605x222px) Image search: [Google]
circuitsab.png
9KB, 605x222px
Hey guys, I just for the life of me can't figure out how to find the Voltage across A to B. I found the equivalent resistance, but I have no freaking clue how to get the Vab...
>>
>>7797082
nodal analysis m8

kirchoffs laws for every node and solve
>>
>>7797082
Kirkoff rules you jerkoff.
>>
>>7797108
>>7797110
Can i make an equivalent resistor and solve for those nodes?
>>
>>7797128
yes you can but it sounds like you haven't foggiest what you're doing. taking shortcuts is not what you should be doing.

do a full nodal analysis and then keep doing it until you're no longer a pleb
>>
>>7797151
I can do the KVL and KCL...

What's really tripping me up is the look of the circuit. I've looked all over and I can't find a system that resembles this one. Why are A and B just sticking out, I keep thinking its an incomplete circuit.
>>
>>7797160
A and B are just terminals, you can ignore them . There's clearly a complete circuit with 5 nodes there so I have no idea why you think it's broken. It's incredibly simple.
>>
>>7797082
Just by looking at it I would say the voltage across A and B is 2.4 V. I will however do some real ciruit analysis now and post my result when I am done
>>
File: Ciruit.png (13KB, 605x222px) Image search: [Google]
Ciruit.png
13KB, 605x222px
>>7797082
>>7797168
Ok I used Kirkoffs Voltage law to sum up the voltages in the circuit. The voltage drops across the resistors are given by Ohm's law U=r*i and the r*i part is used in the equation. The two 4k resistors have an equavalent resistor of 2k Ohm so after calculating the current, i, to 0.0012A the voltage across A and B could be calculated using Ohm's law to 2.4 V

This matches my initial result which I "calculated" by saying "ok so the voltage source pushes with 12 volts this way and the other is pushing with 6 volts the otherway so 6 volt must be pushed clockwise around in the loop. And those two 4k resistors are just a 2k resistor and if we add together the 1k and 2k resisters, since they are in series, then we have a simple voltage divider and then the voltage across A and B is 2.4 volt"

OP you dont have to do all kinds of fancy cicuit analysis on every ciruit but you need to develop your gut feeling so you know when you have to KVL and KCL or logic
>>
>>7797168
If you could post pics or something, I would forever be in your debt.
>>
>>7797185
tanks
>>
>>7797186
I did
>>7797185
>>
>>7797185
I was trying to voltage divider but I got some crazy value from my loop. It must seem so obvious that i'm a complete noob at this. Thanks anon, you're a real hero.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.