[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in freshman lab at my "prestigious" university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

File: ch1.gif (57KB, 446x520px) Image search: [Google]
ch1.gif
57KB, 446x520px
>in freshman lab at my "prestigious" university
>first lab is fucking pipet calibration
>pipettes are impossible to fucking calibrate and the uni won't let us use micropipettes

gg ucla
>>
>>7796713
>Not doing pure mathematics in undergrad to completely avoid team work and lab work.
>Not then doing a 1 year Masters in Mathematical [INSERT LITERALLY ANY FIELD OF STEM]
>Not then becoming the boss of everyone who took the undergrad option for that field
>Not then getting a 6 figure salary by your 5th year in industry
>>
>ucla
You mean the school that pretends the most to be the Harvard of the west coast? Yeah, they're a huge joke.

And the faculty are so petty.
>>
>>7796757
Nice. Care to share a pic of your rejection letter given by UCLA? It would be nice if you could attach to that the picture of your bitter and salty tears when you found out.

>y-yeah, so petty
>>
>>7796757
gtfo usc/cal shill

>>7796760
gtfo ucla shill
>>
>>7796760
You shouldn't assume, anon.
>>7796764
neither should you. USC is also a joke, and the ucla/usc rivalry is for fucktard freshmen and sophomore undergrads.

Research groups at ucla have a history of trying to socially sabotage those who are in their groups then leave. I personally know a few people this has happened to.
>>
>>7796767
Enjoy your SJWs at Cal, then
>>
>>7796770
>implying I'm a student at Berkeley
I'm not, but I wouldn't be upset if I was. They're a far better school than ucla, and their students are friendlier people.
>>
>>7796767
fuck i wish i had gone to carnegie mellon instead
>>
>>7796713
>freshman
There's your problem
>>7796772
ty senpai
>>
>>7796713
Lmao. All UC Schools are just name brands. They have shit faculty and you basically have to teach yourself the material. 0/10 scams your money.
>>
>>7796808
I can taste your 50k/year salt from here.
>>
>>7796713
I go to a school in Kentucky and we had micropipettes. Those things are like 200 dollars and we used them in a freshmen molecular/cellular biology. How do you not have them?
>>
>>7796808
>0/10 scams your money.

>be me
>CA resident
>poor parents
>study physics at UCSD for free
>after pell grant I'm getting paid to be here

smd
>>
>>7796808
Tbhh if you can't teach yourself undergrad material, then you're pretty much worthless to begin with.

I love it when these retards go to a uni like UCLA or Cal and complain how the teaching sucks when the only reason those universities are prestigious is due to the quality of research. You're retarded if you think the faculty cares about holding your hand like its grade school or some cushy liberal arts college or something.
>>
>>7796827
I have no fucking idea, the whole lab building is very new and clean but no fucking micropipettes to be seen anywhere
>>
>>7796832
>>7796830

Lmao. If the faculty's shit and can't teach why would I pay 50k a year to go there when I could go somewhere else where they actually teach you material.

>>7796825
I never went to any UC schools. Thank god I didn't.
>>
>>7796896
I go because my tuition is free
>>
>>7796900

IDK why I clicked on you. If your tuition is free then I understand.
>>
UCLA has Terrance Tao, who does the other school have?
>>
>>7796896
>YFW the faculty isn't shit and it's just a bunch of idiots who don't understand how to learn
>>
>>7796908
this
and I go to UT Austin. UCLA seems pretty cool. Gf's sister goes there
>>
>>7796908
Cal has about 1/8 of the periodic table
>>
>>7796920
UCs are literal memes. There are like 3 guys from UCLA and UCSD that shitpost about Asians and their schools all the time
>>
>>7796929

UCSB represent you nignog
if only house parties counted for something..
>>
I'm dumb as fuck and went to a state school for dumb as fuck people and we had micro pipettes.
>>
>believing prestige buys you anything
It's all your ambition, fampai. Prestige is useless. The only way to win is by outcompeting your classmates.
>>
>>7796896
>U-UC sucks-s
>They suck because they didn't accept my dumbass
Nice sour grapes autist
>>
>>7796745
>not being the next paul erdós by doing collaborative math with qt females
>>
My community college had micropipettes. Not even kidding.
>>
>>7796713
Chem 1 of 2 here. Wtf is pipette 'calibration'?? Just satisfy yourself and your prof that the thing does indeed hold 50mL and move on with life.
>>
>>7798061
Pipette calibration sounds a bit like benis inspection desu
>>
>>7796713
That's the point you retard.

Freshman chem is meant to teach you classical lab techniques and show you that human error can fuck up your results.
>>
>>7796896
>CSU crybabby did too poorly in highschool to get in somewhere worth going

Ha
>>
>>7796896
>Lmao. If the faculty's shit and can't teach why would I pay 50k a year to go there when I could go somewhere else where they actually teach you material.
You're probably gonna be teaching yourself at any high ranking school. You only go to those places so you can have smart students to work/compete with, and to access the base of connections the school provides.

...hell 2bh classes at most universities +/- ~50 notches on the usual rankings aren't even that different based on the material alone. The only real difference between schools is the people who show up.
>>
What are these labs useful for in 2016? Can't you just do computer simulations? Seems much cheaper to me.
>>
>>7796713
Honestly though, chem is a super difficult course for ypu nirsing major types. Just cheat
>>
>>7797957

Since when was it ever implied that I got rejected. from any UC Schools? I got accepted to UCLA, UCSB and UCSB and turned them down. Suck it faggot.
>>
Feel bad for you. Even high schools let their students use micropipettes.
>>
>>7798219
Yep, simulations definitely give you the experience of reality and computers work exactly as the real world does

Computational models are not reality, dumbass. That is the importance of real lab work
>>
>>7798219
This. Why don't they just play the falling sand game?
>>
>>7798244
Honestly though, English is a super difficult course for you engineering major types. Just cheat.
>>
>>7800643
See, this is the perfect example of my point. Instead of looking at your keyboard and figuring out how I must've screwed up, you just assume i don't know how to spell. This is not the stuff successes are made of, friend.
>>
>>7796713
>pipettes are impossible to fucking calibrate
Louis Pasteur was calibrating pipettes 150 years ago, try to keep up, pleb
>>
>>7801130
This post is the stuff butthurt is made of, friend.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.