[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is there so little lectures about electrical machines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tesla.jpg (294KB, 724x947px) Image search: [Google]
tesla.jpg
294KB, 724x947px
why is there so little lectures about electrical machines on the internet?
>>
What do you mean? There are lots of free lectures about electrical engineering.
>>
>>7785646

yes but im talking about machines
>>
>>7785655

That's what engineering is. Making machines.

Could you give an example of what y you're talking about?
>>
>>7785633
Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWiYsRi2Dss
All Eric Laithwaite's videos are amazing
>>
>>7785720

induction machine
synchronous machine
DC machine
>>
>>7785730
Oh, you mean COMPUTERS?
>>
>>7785735

they dont fit the definition of computers
>>
>>7785633
Because instead of saying, "Tesla Polyphase Induction Machines" we say "AC Motor" or at most "Induction Motor".

I think perhaps you are searching for the wrong terms.
>>
ok I will just ask my question here

i dont understand where exactly the back EMF in a synchronous motor is produced. the coil rotates at the same speed as the revolving magnetic field how can this induce an EMF
>>
File: index.jpg (3KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
3KB, 160x160px
>>7786458
I thought i was gonna learn you. Then i realized a synchronous motor is different than your standard AC induction motor. The process does take a bit more to wrap your head around. Here is the best vid i found.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80DKO7m4d7Y
I think your question is how does power still become generated after the rotor gets up to speed with the "stator" magnets. I think the one thing this vid fails to mention is that there should be winding's on the outside of this whole arrangement. Those are the winding's that are actually getting their magnetic lines of force cut and transmitting the electricity. I want to say the main difference between the standard induction and synchronous motor. Is that once up to speed. The synchronous motor produces either smoother sine waves, more sine waves in a given time, or both. /sci/ i'm high, and i'm not an engineer. Someone please school us.
>>
Tesla is a fucking meme
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.