[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soon to be math/science teacher here. In about 5 months I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Science-teacher-job-interview.jpg (60KB, 468x285px) Image search: [Google]
Science-teacher-job-interview.jpg
60KB, 468x285px
Soon to be math/science teacher here. In about 5 months I'll have finished up my degree and will be qualified to teach math, chem and bio all the way up to high school. However, I have some major anxiety. Despite having done these classes myself while in high school and having done plenty of university level units, I'm terrified as to how I'll remember everything I need to know. I glanced through a past final exam paper for chemistry and already found so many questions I'm stumped on.

I've already taught in schools as a student teacher but they were all grades 7-10 which is all really straight forward. I still have one more run as a student teacher and if I don't get a chance to teach a senior class I feel I'll be screwed having to teach one for the first time on my own when I graduate.

Any other teacher here? How do you cope with keeping on top of remembering your content? How much time do you spend retraining yourself?
>>
>>7785077

Get a camera and film yourself teaching in front of a whiteboard. Just imagine a class.
>>
You know how students study for exams? Well, teachers study to improve their classes.

Just calm down a bit. It's not about having everything in your memory, but to be able to understand and teach the concepts. Plan your classes ahead, make helpful presentations, check the answers to your exams with software, and enjoy being a teacher.

ACTUALLY, that's the most important part. Enjoy to be a teacher, otherwise, don't even bother to ruin other students' dreams.
>>
>>7785077
If someone asks you a question that you've forgotten the answer to, teach them how to find the answer.

You cover your ass, and good research skills are probably going to be way more important for most kids than high school chem. anyway.
>>
>>7785210
>forgotten the answer
you say so, you openly admit it, it's normal
>cover your ass
cowards should stay away from teaching
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.