[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I'm asking this here since I guess it's more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: sdfg.jpg (142KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
sdfg.jpg
142KB, 800x640px
Hey guys

I'm asking this here since I guess it's more to do with physics

Is it easier to knockout someone with a blow to the chin if his lower face is shaped like pic A than pic B? I'm assuming the head will yank easier and cause the brain to slam inside the skull

Also would a bigger skull provide more punch resistance or just an easier target?

Thanks
>>
there are much more important variables at work here

this is the equivalent of asking
"hey /sci/ will I be able to make more money gambling wearing red socks or blue"
>>
No, the structure has very little to do with it. It has more to do with how dense you can make your jaw when you receive the impact. Which is why mouthguards are a really good thing. But in the end it doesn't matter what you do, if you're getting hit by a force strong enough to knock you out you're going down no matter what.
>>
>>7781449
>is shaped like pic A than pic B?
Wheres the damn A and B on the picture ?
How am i supposed to know which one is which
>>
>>7781449
I guess A is easier to knock out because the lever to the brain is longer. However, this isn't the only variable by far. If you have a huge jaw, then it's harder to knock out too, because it's heavier and the muscles around it are stronger.
>>
>>7781449
Google images all the boxing world champions one by one and see
>>
>>7781536
assuming there's a correlation between headshape and boxing success
>>
>>7782647
Causation dude, don't you know what board you're on. You don't want to get tarred and feathered, or worse, have a Pop-Sci article written about you.
>>
>>7781449
A knockout punch is actually about applying torque to the brainstem, or shocking the trigeminal nerve root. Snapping their neck around as quickly as possible.

I've got me some good ol trigeminal neuralgia, so I can ell ya pretty gosh darn quick the face has the densest concentration of nerve endings in the body. The 5th cranial nerve is also novel in how it connects to the brain. Supposedly, this allows it to overload the brainstem if it receives a significant trauma, though in truth I think it's largely mechanical stress to the brainstem. It's well known a blow to the back of the head can easily knock someone unconscious, and there are two deep brain regions that when blocked via transcranial magnetic stimulation, induce immediate unconsciousness. Perhaps shock travels to these structures? I don't know.

Anyway, this question is a bit difficult to answer. You'd need to assess thresholds for force to induce a knockout to each jaw type, then compare this against an average person's strength and the angle required to maximize force delivered in a fight. You could also approach it mechanistically, but no one has really fully reverse engineered the human body.

Intuitively I'd say the square jaw is more susceptible to a knockout. Don't know.
>>
>>7781449
I'd have to say pic A to make an easier knockout, because when you apply force in the upwards direction it only distributes in one area; since its closer shaped to a trinagle. Whereareas Pic B, if you punch him up in the same manner as A, the force would distribute evenly; due to having a rectungular like face also at jawline being a little longer.

I'd say a bigger skull in terms of rectungular shape oppose to the triangle one would provide a bigger resistance due to its force distribute and facial shape itself.
>>
>>7781449
Frustrum chin will be easier to knock out given a direct hit on the chin as the force is more concentrated
>>
>>7782768
More like frustrated chin, amiright?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.