[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a fewcstrange questions... can you smell things you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: th (30).jpg (8KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
th (30).jpg
8KB, 300x224px
I have a fewcstrange questions... can you smell things you've eaten through your body? Can you smell your blood through your skin?

Yesterday I drank a whole bottle of magnesium citrate(laxative) for fun, and I swear I could smell the diarrhea smell leaking out through by pores. It wasn't from farts, I didn't shit my pants, and when I wiped I used baby wipes to finish the cleaning and I got any splatter that hit my butt cheeks.

I promise I could smell it through my skin. The diarrhea smell.

And there are times when my balls smell like what I've eaten. I heard what you eat effects how your sperm tastes, but apparently it can leak through your skin? Balls have thin skin in particular.

And finally, I've smelled my skin and it smelled like blood. A coppery smell.

Now, I have sat on making this thread long enough. I've made sure my hands and skin were clean. I've done this enough times.

Is this normal? Being able to smell your own BLOOD though your skin?
>>
A more interesting question is why some things are odorless at all
>>
the only way to smell something is if it's vaporized in a gas medium. you can smell things youve eaten because its evaporating off your body through sweat into the air.

anything that has a taste will have a smell if its vaporized and small enough molecule.
>>
>>7768389

The theory is it's a survival mechanism.

For example, if the taste of water was stronger than it's contaminants, it would be harder for you to detect contaminated water.

If the smell of air overpowered the smell of animals, it would make it harder for predators to hunt and harder for prey to smell predators.
>>
>>7768389
For things to have an odor it has to have a receptor in the olfactory nerve endings to bind to.
>>
>>7768408
Yes, but it would be beneficial to smell carbon monoxide for instance.

>>7768404
That's true. Seems like it could be refined though. Just because you can smell oxygen and nitrogen doesn't mean you couldn't also smell something else at the same time, but yeah I see what you're saying.

The inert gases I can see, but things like methane, carbon monoxide, etc are the ones that puzzle me. I guess maybe only in recent history have we had to deal with significant accumulation of things like methane and carbon monoxide.
>>
>>7768436
Yes of course it would be beneficial, but how would it appear from evolution if we have never been exposed to lethal levels until quite recently?
>>
File: 1308738905546.gif (767KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1308738905546.gif
767KB, 200x150px
>Yesterday I drank a whole bottle of magnesium citrate(laxative) for fun
>>
>>7768445
Uhh.. The earth is only 6,000 years old dude.
>>
>>7768436
>>7768445

Our sense of smell is actually super weak in comparison to other animals anyway, right?

Like, so much so that we might as well not even have it.
>>
File: IMG_20160107_165922.jpg (241KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160107_165922.jpg
241KB, 768x1024px
>>7768463

Yep.

Here's the empty bottle.

Lemon flavor is way too strong and sour, grape or strawberry is what I'd recommend.

>>7768467

Even in scripture that's debatable. The bible says things like "God knows what we are going to do and need before we do it and before we need it" so it's possible that the age of the earth is entirely a matter of perspective.

To me, I just showed up and everything was magically here, the apocalypse had already pretty much already happened, etc.

I guess those things depend on individual perspective.

>>7768491

Well, animals don't have many other ways of analyzing things in the world.
>>
>>7768499
They have all the same senses we do. They just smell in high def.
>>
Anyways....

How is it that I can smell things like blood through my skin?

How come I could smell my diarrhea though my skin? Intestines are pretty deep in there!! Did nasty chemicals abdorb into my blood stream?

Should I be concerned?
>>
>>7768374
>he's never been around an Indian

You can tell when someone's eaten curry, for sure
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.