[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in talks with two professors regarding my PhD studies.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1414437599708.jpg (166KB, 1024x419px) Image search: [Google]
1414437599708.jpg
166KB, 1024x419px
I'm in talks with two professors regarding my PhD studies. I have noone to ask so I'll post here

1. Detection of drones using passive antennae -- the basic idea is to observe disturbances in the EM fields of routers and such, and to try to guess what kind of object causes the disturbance. Basically all computational physics
Pros :

Super helpful guy and has good connections
I think this topic would be useful when looking for a job later

2. Trying to find and detect new terms in heat conduction effects.
So this one is tricky, because I feel like if people havent come by these effects, they might not be really important from a practical point of view, but

1. guy is also enthusiastic, if somewhat less so than the first one
2. really interesting topic
3. Has experimental, theoretical and computational elements.

Any opinions to share?
>>
Learn proper communication skills and then come back and try your post again.
>>
>>7768243
The second one seems less risky. You don't want to still be in grad-school in your 30s and there's so much that could go wrong with 1.
>>
>>7768243
1 is legitimately interesting and I'm a layman
>>
>>7768243
Do the first one, it's meme-y and all you should really care about at this point is getting your name on interesting papers to further your future goals.
>>
What the fuck are you even saying.. I want Indians to leave
>>
>>7768243
I say go for 1 OP

It's a new and interesting topic within an emerging field of technology. Lots of potential employment there?

2 sounds more academically rigorous, but so many great minds have already worked on thermodynamics for centuries that I doubt you could even disturb the water. Big gamble and doesn't make you employable
>>
>OP wants to invent radar
m8 it already exists see: ww2
>>
desu senpai
>>
>>7768331
wtf is this shit
>>
>>7768334
shaking my head to be honest family
>>
File: 1353878618585.jpg (88KB, 360x351px) Image search: [Google]
1353878618585.jpg
88KB, 360x351px
>>7768334
>what is wordfilter

you must be new here
>>
>>7768243
Radar invented and idea proposed and shown to track stealth aircraft using holes in cell phone coverage....
>>
>>7768243
>1. Detection of drones using passive antennae -- the basic idea is to observe disturbances in the EM fields of routers and such, and to try to guess what kind of object causes the disturbance. Basically all computational physics
Why use WIFI?

Just use normal radio signals

look up passive radar
>>
File: 1420448622547.jpg (66KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1420448622547.jpg
66KB, 800x800px
>>7768412
well i am not very knowledgeable but routers were just an example, any EM field should do. Basically we would be examining disturbances in the background EM field of inhabited areas. point is that we are generating no signal so that drones could not realize they are being detected

>>7768251
>>7768319
please explain, if you just insult me you i am not learning to write any better, faggots.

>>7768259
>>7768259
what could go wrong? i mean nobody is expecting a working method in 3 years, only that we gain some insight into which numerical methods work on similar scales
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.